Supreme Lord Kazzak Detailed Strategy Guide
Table of Contents
- +1. General Information
- 2. Spawn Patterns
- 3. Overview of the Fight
- 4. Abilities
- 5. Strategy
- 6. When to Use Heroism/Bloodlust/Time Warp
- 7. Corpse Running/Avoiding Wipes
- 8. Learning the Fight
- 9. Concluding Remarks
This guide is intended to provide a comprehensive description of the encounter with Supreme Lord Kazzak in Draenor. It is targeted at anyone who desires to understand the fight mechanics.
This guide is updated for World of Warcraft WoD 6.2.
Supreme Lord Kazzak is a world boss in Draenor, located in Tanaan Jungle. The fight Kazzak mostly tests your raid's ability to adopt correct positioning, and to prioritise killing adds at certain moments. Healers also have an important role to play during this fight.
We do not know if Supreme Lord Kazzak has a hard enrage timer. There do not appear to be any soft enrage mechanics present in the encounter.
To be added.
Supreme Lord Kazzak spawns in the north of Tanaan Jungle, in the area known as The Throne of Kil'jaeden.
We are unsure of what the respawn timer of this boss is, but it appears to spawn quite frequently.
It is also worth mentioning that the tagging system for world bosses is faction-wide. That is to say, as long as the boss is engaged by someone on your faction, all other members of your faction are eligible for loot if they engage the boss, regardless of whether or not they are grouped together.
Overview of the Fight
The fight against Supreme Lord Kazzak is straightforward. It is a single-phase fight, during which you will have to face Kazzak. The boss only uses a few abilities, none of which are problematic in themselves, and which mostly affect your positioning.
At 66% and 33% health, Kazzak summons a number of adds that heal him if they reach him, which your raid will have to kill quickly.
Supreme Lord Kazzak has a number of abilities that he uses against your raid.
- Fel Breath is an ability that the boss regularly uses. He deals a massive amount of Fire damage to all players in a cone in front of him, and also debuffs them for 30 seconds, causing them to take 100% increased damage from Fel Breath. This effect stacks and it requires a tank switch.
- Mark of Kazzak is an ability that the boss regularly uses. He places a debuff on a number of random raid members (excluding tanks). For 15 seconds, these players deal 100% increased damage and do 100% increased healing, but any damage or healing done while this buff is active is also done as Shadow damage to all allies in an 8-yard radius around them.
- Supreme Doom is an ability that the boss regularly uses. He places a 10-second debuff on random raid members, which instantly reduces their health to 1, and which also deals a moderate amount of raid-wide damage when it expires. It cannot be dispelled, but it can be removed by healing the affected player to 50% of their total health. If this happens, the debuff disappears harmlessly. Kazzak actually channels Supreme Doom for the entire 10-second duration, making it both easy to track and also causing him not to do anything else during this time.
- At 66% and 33% health, the boss summons a number of Twisted Reflection adds at the location of random raid members. These adds do not attack and they cannot be tanked, and they immediately start moving towards the boss. For each add that reaches him, the boss is healed for 2% of his total health.
The main theme during this fight is that your raid has to have correct positioning. Here is what you need to look out for.
- Make sure that no one except Kazzak's tank is in front of him, in order to minimise the number of players who take damage from Fel Breath.
- Make sure that everyone is spread out at least 8 yards apart, so that no one takes any damage from Mark of Kazzak.
- Do not stand close to the boss when he reaches 66% and 33% health, so that the Twisted Reflections spawn further away from him, giving you more time to kill them.
Aside from this, there are a few things you need to do during the fight.
Tanks must perform a tank switch to deal with the debuff that Fel Breath applies. We recommend switching for each Fel Breath, but with cooldowns it is possible to survive more than one consecutive cast of the ability. The tank who is not tanking Kazzak should make sure to move behind the boss in order to avoid being hit by Fel Breath.
Healers will have to very quickly heal any players affected by Supreme Doom to 50% of their health. Players who are affected by this debuff should consider using self-healing abilities if they see that they may not be healed up in time (before the 10-second debuff expires).
Finally, when Kazzak summons Twisted Reflections at 66% and 33% health, DPS players should switch to them and kill them before they reach the boss.
When to Use Heroism/Bloodlust/Time Warp
Corpse Running/Avoiding Wipes
Because the fight does not take place in an instanced environment, it is possible for dead raid members to release spirit and run back to the place where they died and resurrect. This is a good way for your raid to replenish its numbers. Keep in mind the following things:
- After 2 resurrections in quick succession, you will have to wait for 2 minutes before you can resurrect again.
- When you resurrect, you come back with 50% of your maximum health. It is best that healers are prepared ahead of time to heal you.
- It is best to group up (in ghost form) and resurrect at the same time, rather than each one individually. This gives you a better chance to recover.
If a large portion of your raid dies, remaining raid members should attempt to delay a wipe for as long as possible, to give the dead raid members a chance to run back.
Learning the Fight
The encounter against Supreme Lord Kazzak is not complex. The most important things for your raid members to do are to spread out correctly around the boss (at least 8 yards apart, and not in front of the boss), and to quickly prioritise killing the Twisted Reflections. If you do this, killing the boss will simply be a matter of having enough players in the raid and enough gear.
This concludes the Supreme Lord Kazzak. As soon as we have the chance to kill the boss on live realms, we will update the guide where it is needed.
- Feldrake Twitch Drop Claiming Issues and Possible Solutions in Dragonflight
- Get a Free 34-Slot Bag Fast in Dragonflight
- Doubleagent at Level 65
- Giant Dragonflight Class Tuning: Deceber 6th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.2 Hotfixes: December 2nd
- In-Game Location of the Dragonflight Login Screen
- Everyone Is a Raid Boss and They Fight it Out - and So Can You!
- Secret Room in Valdrakken Inn Leads to a Dance Party
- Arcane Mage PvP
- Dragon Isles Drake Customization Options
- dragon isles talent tree help
- Protection Warrior PvE
- Fury Warrior PvE