Arcane Mage PvP Best Arena Compositions (Battle for Azeroth / Patch 8.3)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Arcane Mage (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Arcane Mage PvP Guide.
In 2v2 Arena, you do not have many options. It can be quite difficult to kill a healer in 2v2 by yourself, so you will likely be focusing an enemy DPS. Before you use your burst rotation, make sure the enemy healer is in crowd control. Ideally, you will be playing with a healer that can stun. After the stun, cast Polymorph on the healer and use your burst rotation on the DPS. Unfortunately, If you get interrupted while casting Polymorph, there is nothing you can do because Arcane Mages only have one school of spells. Take advantage of your mobility with Shimmer to cast spells. It is important to note that Mages have Spellsteal and can use it to steal HoTs to heal themselves. This is a great spell versus Restoration Druids and Discipline Priests that have multiple spells that you can steal.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Arcane Mage + Assassination Rogue
- Arcane Mage + Discipline Priest
- Arcane Mage + Holy Paladin
- Arcane Mage + Restoration Druid
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena. As an Arcane Mage you will be focusing on controlling the enemy team with slows and Polymorph. Before your team uses burst cooldowns, make sure there is crowd control on the enemy healer. If you are playing with a Rogue, remember that Polymorph shares a diminishing return with Sap and your Polymorph will be half duration in the opener. Again, take advantage of Shimmer so you can easily get crowd control on the enemy healer or to deal damage without being interrupted. It is important to note that you are not limited to using Polymorph on the enemy healer. If an enemy DPS using their burst cooldowns, you can slow/root and Polymorph them. This will help your healer significantly.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- RMPally(Arcane Mage + Assassination Rogue + Holy Paladin)
- Arcane Mage + Elemental Shaman + Holy Priest
- Arcane Mage + Windwalker Monk + Holy Paladin/Restoration Druid
- Arcane Mage + Destruction Warlock + Holy Paladin
- FMP (Arcane Mage + Feral Druid + Discipline Priest)
- 20 Jan. 2020: This page was checked for Patch 8.3 and no update was deemed necessary.
- 26 Dec. 2019: Page added.
- New Jewelry Color Options for Blood Elves
- Is Path of Ascension the Brawler's Guild of Shadowlands?
- DesMephisto with Only 1 More Plate Item to Go, Probably Finished Today! 99.991% Done
- Extra Elemental Damage from Weapons Working as Intended
- New Realm Connections Are Coming
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: July 2nd
- Realm Transfers and the Ahn'Qiraj Event
- Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 34902: Mage and Warrior Soulbind Conduits