Arcane Mage PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands 9.1)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Arcane Mage in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats that will make PvP a little easier for Arcane Mages.
This page is part of our Arcane Mage PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Arcane Mages in PvP
The stat priority for Arcane Mage in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Haste is the best secondary state. This stat will reduce your global cooldown and the cast times of important spells like Polymorph. Versatility is the second best stat you can. This will reduce the damage you take while also increasing the damage you deal.
In general, Arcane Mages want to get trinkets that line up well with Arcane Power or Touch of the Magi. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Intellect. The reason you want to increase Intellect is because it drastically increases your overall damage output. For more information about Arcane Power and your rotation in PvP, please refer to our dedicated page. In addition, with the new Patch 9.1 changes to PvP gear, it will be extremely important to obtain as much of your gear as possible in PvP. With the new scaling, it will be the most powerful.
Below, you will find our current BiS list.
- Head: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Guise
- Neck: Unchained Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Mantle
- Cloak: Unchained Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Robe — This is likely where you make Triune Ward.
- Wrists: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Armbands
- Hands: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Gloves
- Waist: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Cord
- Legs: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Leggings
- Feet: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Treads — This could be a good slot to make a Haste/Versatility Legendary.
- Ring 1: Unchained Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Stitchflesh's Misplaced Signet or Unchained Aspirant's Ring
- Weapon: Unchained Gladiator's Vesper or Whichever Weapon comes from your Covenant that is Haste/Versatility.
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Versatility boost that will increase your overall damage and reduce damage taken.
Unchained Gladiator's Medallion is typically 1 of 2 trinkets to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and in danger of dying. Note, if you play a Human, Unchained Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option.
Unchained Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Critical Strike and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown like Arcane Power or Touch of the Magi.
Unchained Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be attacking you often.
Unchained Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants for an Arcane Mage:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Insight
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Haste
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Sinful Revelation
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster or Quick Jewel Cluster. As of writing this guide, Domination sockets seem to be nerfed and not worth the loss from the scaled Item Level in PvP gear to equip. Domination Sockets likely should not be used, however if this does change, the guide will be updated to reflect this.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1 of Shadowlands.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 17 Oct. 2020: Removed Corruption sections.
- 03 Jul. 2020: Updated Corruptions.
- Added Recommended Corruptions section.
- 19 May 2020: Updated Corruptions section.
- 08 Apr. 2020: Updated Recommended Items.
- 11 Feb. 2020: Added Corruption Gear section. Updated Recommended Gear and best enchant sections.
- 20 Jan. 2020: Updated PvP gear to be Season 4 Corrupted gear.
- 26 Dec. 2019: Page added.
- Monk Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Two In-Game Paintings Desexualized in Patch 9.1.5
- Demon Hunter Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Legendary Scrapping in Patch 9.1.5: How to Destroy Legendaries into Materials
- Death Knight Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- A Preview of All New Druid Travel Forms Coming in Patch 9.1.5
- New 9.1.5 Highmountain Tauren Customizations
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour