Arcane Mage PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Dragonflight 10.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Arcane Mage in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats that will make PvP a little easier for Arcane Mages.
This page is part of our Arcane Mage PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Arcane Mages in PvP
The stat priority for Arcane Mage in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Haste is the best secondary state. This stat will reduce your global cooldown and the cast times of important spells like Polymorph. Versatility is the second best stat you can. This will reduce the damage you take while also increasing the damage you deal.
In general, Arcane Mages want to get trinkets that line up well with Arcane Surge or Touch of the Magi. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Intellect. You want to increase Intellect because it drastically increases your overall damage output. Please refer to our dedicated page for more information about Arcane Power and your rotation in PvP. In addition, with the new Patch 9.1 changes to PvP gear, it will be essential to obtain as much of your gear as possible in PvP. With the new scaling, it will be the most powerful.
Note that the Season 2 Tier set bonuses are all nerfed by 50% in PvP scenarios. Arcane Mages's Tier set buffs your damage of Arcane Surge which is strong. Only one of the Tier Set items has Versatility on it, so it is probably not worth to use the 4 Tier set with such a lack of Haste and Versatility. Ideally, you will want to use the Chestpiece and Pants from the tierset.
Below, you will find our current BiS list.
- Head: Verdant Gladiator's Silk Guise
- Neck: Verdant Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Wayward Chronomancer's Metronomes
- Cloak: Verdant Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Verdant Gladiator's Silk Robe
- Wrists: Verdant Gladiator's Silk Wristwraps
- Hands: Verdant Gladiator's Silk Gloves
- Waist: Infurious Binding of Gesticulation Embellishment 1
- Legs: Wayward Chronomancer's Pantaloons
- Feet: Vibrant Wildercloth Slippers with Precognition
- Ring 1: Verdant Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Signet of Titanic Insight
- Weapon: Verdant Gladiator's Staff.
Verdant Gladiator's Medallion is typically 1 of 2 trinkets to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and in danger of dying.
Verdant Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will attack you often.
Verdant Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is a strong trinket, as the stat will often proc throughout an arena match. As an Arcane Mage, typically, you will want to use Insignia for the additional Haste with the Intellect procs throughout the game.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants for an Arcane Mage:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Speed
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Plainsrunner's Breeze
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Homebound Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Waking Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Devotion of Haste
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Wafting Devotion
- Legs: Temporal Spellthread
Gem all of your gear with Energized Ysemerald or Energized Malygite.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.5
- 09 May 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Pre-patch.
- 31 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Page updated for Patch 9.2.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Page reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1 of Shadowlands.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 17 Oct. 2020: Removed Corruption sections.
- 03 Jul. 2020: Updated Corruptions.
- Added Recommended Corruptions section.
- 19 May 2020: Updated Corruptions section.
- 08 Apr. 2020: Updated Recommended Items.
- 11 Feb. 2020: Added Corruption Gear section. Updated Recommended Gear and best enchant sections.
- 20 Jan. 2020: Updated PvP gear to be Season 4 Corrupted gear.
- 26 Dec. 2019: Page added.
- Warrior Players Unhappy with the Lack of Choice in Odyn Questline
- World First Season of Discovery Blackfathom Deeps Raid Clear
- Season of Discovery Initial Tuning
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 1st
- Huge 10.2 Class Tuning: December 5th
- Void.gg's Hosting a $10K Solo Shuffle Tournament: Dec 2-3
- Sky-Captain's Masquerade Attire Set
- Living Flame (EU) Lone Wolf (EU) and Crusader Strike (US) Reams Temporarily Locked to New Players