Arcane Mage PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Dragonflight 10.0.5)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Arcane Mage in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats that will make PvP a little easier for Arcane Mages.
This page is part of our Arcane Mage PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Arcane Mages in PvP
The stat priority for Arcane Mage in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Haste is the best secondary state. This stat will reduce your global cooldown and the cast times of important spells like Polymorph. Versatility is the second best stat you can. This will reduce the damage you take while also increasing the damage you deal.
In general, Arcane Mages want to get trinkets that line up well with Arcane Surge or Touch of the Magi. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Intellect. You want to increase Intellect because it drastically increases your overall damage output. Please refer to our dedicated page for more information about Arcane Power and your rotation in PvP. In addition, with the new Patch 9.1 changes to PvP gear, it will be essential to obtain as much of your gear as possible in PvP. With the new scaling, it will be the most powerful.
Below, you will find our current BiS list.
- Head: Crystal Scholar's Cowl or (if you are not using the set piece Crimson Gladiator's Silk Guise)
- Neck: Crimson Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Crimson Gladiator's SRobe
- Cloak: Crimson Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Crystal Scholar's Tunic or (if you are not using the set piece Crimson Gladiator's Silk Tunic)
- Wrists: Crimson Gladiator's Silk Armbands
- Hands: Crimson Gladiator's Silk Gloves
- Waist: Infurious Binding of Gesticulation
- Legs: Infurious Legwraps of Possibility
- Feet: Crimson Gladiator's Silk Treads
- Ring 1: Crimson Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Crimson Gladiator's Signet or Thunderous Downburst Ring
- Weapon: Crimson Gladiator's Staff.
Note: it is essential to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will increase your Agility and Stamina, as well as reducing the duration of any incoming CC on you by 10%. This effect jumps to 15% if you have the correct crafted item, in our case Infurious Binding of Gesticulation. As well as this crafted piece, you will also want to acquire the second crafted piece Infurious Legwraps of Possibility.
Crimson Gladiator's Medallion is typically 1 of 2 trinkets to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and in danger of dying. Note, as of Dragonflight, previously, Eternal Gladiator's Relentless Brooch has been removed, adding the CC reduction functionality to the new 2-set bonus.
Crimson Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Critical Strike and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown; this is typically the go-to trinket for Arcane, pairing extremely well with Touch of the Magi.
Crimson Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will attack you often.
Crimson Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is a strong trinket, as the stat will often proc throughout an arena match. As a Frost Mage, typically, you will want to use Insignia for the additional Haste with the Intellect procs.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants for an Arcane Mage:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Leech
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Watcher's Loam
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Homebound Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Waking Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Devotion of Haste
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Wafting Devotion or Enchant Weapon - Frozen Writ
Gem all of your gear with Energized Ysemerald or Energized Malygite.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Pre-patch.
- 31 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Page updated for Patch 9.2.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Page reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1 of Shadowlands.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 17 Oct. 2020: Removed Corruption sections.
- 03 Jul. 2020: Updated Corruptions.
- Added Recommended Corruptions section.
- 19 May 2020: Updated Corruptions section.
- 08 Apr. 2020: Updated Recommended Items.
- 11 Feb. 2020: Added Corruption Gear section. Updated Recommended Gear and best enchant sections.
- 20 Jan. 2020: Updated PvP gear to be Season 4 Corrupted gear.
- 26 Dec. 2019: Page added.
- Everything You Need to Know About Forbidden Reach Catch-Up Gear in Patch 10.0.7
- Dracthyr Racial Mounts Available for Everyone to Purchase in Patch 10.0.7
- Turbulent Timeways Timewalking Event Starts March 29th
- Save 30% on Select Game Services Through April 3rd
- Dragonflight DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates, Week 14
- The Forbidden Reach Dragon Glyphs Guide (Exact Locations with TomTom Coords)
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 14)
- Bakar Dog Mounts in Patch 10.0.7 Still Remain Shrouded in Mystery