Arcane Mage DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Arcane Mage in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. Azerite Gear for Arcane Mage
Because the Azerite Traits scale in strength with the item level of the item equipped, and with the possibility of Titanforging items, an exact list of best items is impossible to make. Some of the key Azerite Traits to look for on your gear are Galvanizing Spark for single-target and Arcane Pressure for AoE. Azerite gear can drop from loads of content, like World Quests, Dungeons, Warfronts, PvP, reputations, etc, so you should try to do all possible content. Below we have listed some good items to look for, based on how to obtain them and the Azerite Traits they have on them. The listed items are all pre-raid, as in, before the first raid opens. After that, most of your gear will come from the first raid (Uldir) and Mythic+.
- Head: Soulfuel Headdress — Dungeon, King's Rest
- Head: Grasping Crown of the Deep — Dungeon, Siege of Boralus
- Shoulders: Exquisitely Aerodynamic Shoulderpads — Dungeon, The MOTHERLODE!!
- Shoulders: Amice of the Returned — Dungeon, Waycrest Manor
- Chest: Blood-Drenched Robes — Dungeon, The Underrot
- Chest: Ruffled Poet Blouse — Dungeon, Freehold
2. Evaluating Upgrades
The easiest way, and also the method we suggest, to compare multiple items is to use Raidbots Top Gear. Here you can input an export from the Simcraft AddOn, select the items to compare, and it will find out which of the items are best.
3. Trinket Notes for Arcane Mage
Due to the prevalence of high item level trinkets and Titanforged rewarded from Dungeons, World Quests, etc, there are a variety of suitable options when it comes to trinkets. It is always best to use Raidbots Top Gear to determine what your optimal trinkets are.
You can use the trinket list below as a reference of potential trinkets to aim for. The link at the bottom can be used to view a list of all trinkets.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 19 Aug. 2018: Updated for hotfixed traits.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 19 Jul. 2018: Updated trinket list for latest hotfixes and findings.
- 19 Jul. 2018: Updated legendaries and Best in Slot for nerfed Archmage.
- Patch 8.1.5 Build 28938: Class Changes
- BfA PvP Season 2 Preview [Official]
- Tools of the Trade in Patch 8.1.5
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- Kul Tiran & Zandalari Druid Empowered Moonkin Form
- Allied Races: Are Mechagnomes and Vulpera Next?
- Titan Residuum Hotfix: January 16th
- The Story of Xal'atath in Patch 8.1.5
- Guardian Druid 8.1
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Need help with BoS
- Feral Druid 8.1
- when to use blizzard/aoe as frost?
- Windwalker Monk PvP 8.1
- Unholy Death Knight PvP 8.1
- Survival Hunter PvP 8.1