Arcane Mage DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Arcane Mage in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. Azerite Gear for Arcane Mage
Because the Azerite Traits scale in strength with the item level of the item equipped, and with the possibility of Titanforging items, an exact list of best items is impossible to make. Some of the key Azerite Traits to look for on your gear are Equipoise or Treacherous Covenant for single-target and Arcane Pressure or Explosive Echo for AoE. Azerite gear can drop from loads of content, like World Quests, Dungeons, Warfronts, PvP, reputations, etc., so you should try to do all possible content. Below, we have listed some good items to look for, based on how to obtain them and the Azerite Traits they have on them.
- Head: Blazewing Hood — Jadefire Masters, Battle of Dazar'alor
- Shoulders: Giga-Charged Shoulderpads — High Tinker Mekkatorque, Battle of Dazar'alor
- Chest: Divine Fury Raiment — Champion of the Light, Battle of Dazar'alor
2. Evaluating Upgrades
The easiest way, and also the method we suggest, to compare multiple items is to use Raidbots Top Gear. Here you can input an export from the Simcraft AddOn, select the items to compare, and it will find out which of the items are best.
3. Trinket Notes for Arcane Mage
Due to the prevalence of high item level trinkets and Titanforged rewarded from Dungeons, World Quests, etc, there are a variety of suitable options when it comes to trinkets. It is always best to use Raidbots Top Gear to determine what your optimal trinkets are.
You can use the trinket list below as a reference of potential trinkets to aim for. The link at the bottom can be used to view a list of all trinkets.
- 17 Mar. 2019: Updated the Azerite BiS pieces.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 19 Aug. 2018: Updated for hotfixed traits.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 19 Jul. 2018: Updated trinket list for latest hotfixes and findings.
- 19 Jul. 2018: Updated legendaries and Best in Slot for nerfed Archmage.
- Item Level Cap Staying at 425 for Crucible of Storms
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: March 26th
- This Week in WoW: March 26th
- Hide All Slots Except Pants Option Coming in Patch 8.2
- Loot Trading in Classic WoW
- Draught of Ten Lands Exploit Ban Wave: March 22nd
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: March 21st
- Live Developer Q&A Roundup: March 21st
- Help with Outlaw
- Holy - Infusion of Light Question
- Beast Mastery Hunter 8.1
- Frost Death Knight PvP 8.1
- Prismatic Socket
- Brawler's Guild - Sanoriak
- Druid Leveling Guide
- Arms Warrior PvP 8.1