Brawler's Guild: Proboskus (Rank 6) (WoD 6.2)
Table of Contents
- 1. Abilities and Strategy
- 2. Generic Advice
- 3. Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
- 4. ChangeLog
Proboskus is your first Brawler's Guild Rank 6 opponent. The fight against this creature is not difficult, but he enrages when his health reaches below 20% health, which can make the last seconds of the fight very chaotic. Before we delve further into the explanations, we advise you to first watch this very short video, which shows how the fight with Proboskus goes.
1. Abilities and Strategy
Proboskus moves slowly and his melee attacks hit for approximately 50k damage. This creature has two deadly abilities.
- Torrent deals 28% of your health as damage every second for 6 seconds.
- Rain Dance is a 10-second channel during which large water drops will rain down the arena. Getting hit by a drop deals approximately 200k damage.
Proboskus spends most of his time casting spells, so you will not have to deal with his melee attack very often. Torrent needs to be interrupted. To deal with Rain Dance, you need to position your camera above you and zoom out as much as you can. This way, you will easily see the water drops. You can also keep running around the boss.
When Proboskus reaches 20% health, he will enrage and one-shot most classes. When this happens, you need to stun or incapacitate him. You can also root/snare him, move away, and finish him with ranged attacks.
Note that the enrage only happens at 20% health if Proboskus is not casting Rain Dance. If he is currently channelling Rain Dance, he will only enrage once Rain Dance is over. So, you can get him to 21 or 22% and wait until Rain Dance starts. Then, simply burn him down as hard as you can while Rain is channeling.
2. Generic Advice
- Do not panic. It does not matter if you mess up your rotation, but you need to stick to the strategy.
- If you are in for a long Brawler's Guild session, you may want to use a flask.
- Prepot! Use a Potion of Brawler's Might, a Potion of Brawler's Cunning, or a Potion of Brawler's Deftness right before Proboskus appears, depending on what your main statistic is.
- When the 60-second cooldown on your potion is over, you can use the same potion again or you can use a Brawler's Healing Potion if you need healing.
- Group up with other players so that you benefit from each other's buffs.
3. Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
For class-specific advice, please refer to this thread on our forums. Do not hesitate to share your own tips!
- 11 Dec. 2014: Updated for Warlords of Draenor. The fight remains the same, but Proboskus is now the first Rank 6 opponent (he was the third Rank 5 opponent, previously).
- All Battle for Azeroth Cutscenes
- Patch 8.0.1: War of Thorns Preview (Alliance PoV)
- Zul the Prophet Cutscene in Battle for Azeroth
- Warlock Class Review for Battle for Azeroth
- PvP Disqualification Policy Update
- Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes: July 20th
- Gelkis & Magram Clans Hotfix: Jul 20
- Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes: July 19th
- Unholy Rotation Weak Aura
- 8.0 sin rogue - subterfuge
- BfA Warlock profession choices?
- Frost Mage 8.0.1
- Mage Weak Auras Builds
- Arms Warrior 8.0.1
- so now that BFA content is here, what should we do before bfa goes live?
- Destruction Warlock 8.0.1
- Beast Mastery Hunter 8.0.1
- Blood Death Knight 8.0.1
- Affliction Warlock 8.0.1
- Frost Mage 8.0.1
- Assassination Rogue 8.0.1
- Balance Druid 8.0.1
- Retribution Paladin 8.0.1
- Havoc Demon Hunter 8.0.1