Destruction Warlock PvP Talents and Builds (Dragonflight 10.2)
Choosing the right PvP and PvE talents is a prerequisite to proper performance in PvP. This guide goes through the various talent choices available to you as a Destruction Warlock and gives you the best combinations you can take.
This page is part of our Destruction Warlock PvP Guide.
Talent Choices for Destruction Warlocks
Talent Build for Destruction Warlocks in PvP
This is the standard build for Destruction Warlocks in PvP, which can be used as a general setup.
- This build takes the same talents as Patch 10.1.7, taking Madness of the Azj'Aqir's replacement in the form of Chaosbringer.
- The build focuses on dealing damage primarily with your instants Conflagrate and Shadowburn to generate Burn to Ashes stacks, and then unloading with Incinerate and Chaos Bolt
- Spending Soul Shards grants you Ritual of Ruin which helps you to cast near instant Chaos Bolt for on-demand burst damage.
PvP Talents for Destruction Warlocks
You can choose 3 of the following PvP talents. The two mandatory choices are the most essential, with the third being switched out depending on the matchup.
Mandatory PvP Talents
Soul Rip causes nearby enemies to deal 25% less damage and reduce their healing received by 25%. Enemies can pick up their 'Soul' to remove the effect, however, this talent helps to create some space for the Affliction Warlock.
Situational PvP Talents
Call Observer summons an Observer guardian, which deals up to 10% of the enemy's health when they cast a harmful magic spell. This talent is great for teams with a caster to use during their offensive cooldowns.
Impish Instincts reduces the cooldown of your Demonic Circle: Teleport by 3 seconds when you take Physical damage with an internal cooldown of 5 seconds. This in synergy with Abyss Walker makes this PvP talent a very good pick against melee teams who target you.
Nether Ward surrounds the caster with a shield that lasts 3 sec, reflecting all harmful spells cast on you. This is a crucial talent to take against all casters. You also want to use this talent versus teams with a Shaman or Death Knight. This is because their kicks are magical, and this will prevent you from being interrupted while it is active.
Shadow Rift allows you to cast an area-of-effect around the enemy, as long as you are in your Demonic Circle: Teleport range. After 2 seconds, you will teleport any enemies inside this circle to your Demonic Circle: Teleport. This ability has many creative uses and can be used to prevent enemy teams from hiding behind a pillar or to teleport melee away from you.
Bonds of Fel encircles enemies in a location. If they leave the circle, the bonds will explode and deal a significant amount of damage.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.5.
- 09 May 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 16 Mar. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 30 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 02 Mar. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands 9.2.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Patch 9.1.5.
- 10 Aug. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: No updates needed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 05 Dec. 2020: Updated Talent Table.
- Updated Tier 6 Regular Talent.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- 20 Oct. 2020: Updated Talent Table.
- Updated Tiers 6 and 7 Regular talents.
- Updated PvP talents.
- 20 Jan. 2020: This page was checked for Patch 8.3 and no update was deemed necessary.
- 09 Dec. 2019: Page added.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)