Destruction Warlock PvP Talents and Builds (Dragonflight / Patch 10.0.7)
Choosing the right PvP and PvE talents is a prerequisite to proper performance in PvP. This guide goes through the various talent choices available to you as a Destruction Warlock and gives you the best combinations you can take.
This page is part of our Destruction Warlock PvP Guide.
Talent Choices for Destruction Warlocks
Talent Build for Destruction Warlocks in PvP
This is the standard build for Destruction Warlocks in PvP, which can be used as a general setup.
- This build takes several talents to Patch 10.0.5, with some changes in the Warlock tree.
- The build focuses on dealing damage primarily with your instants Conflagrate and Shadowburn to generate Burn to Ashes stacks, and then unloading with Incinerate and Chaos Bolt
- Spending Soul Shards grants you Ritual of Ruin which helps you to cast near instant Chaos Bolt for on-demand burst damage.
- Sargerei Technique and Socrethar's Guile are new additions which increase the damage dealt by your Immolate and Incinerate.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 16 Mar. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 30 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 02 Mar. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands 9.2.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Patch 9.1.5.
- 10 Aug. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: No updates needed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 05 Dec. 2020: Updated Talent Table.
- Updated Tier 6 Regular Talent.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- 20 Oct. 2020: Updated Talent Table.
- Updated Tiers 6 and 7 Regular talents.
- Updated PvP talents.
- 20 Jan. 2020: This page was checked for Patch 8.3 and no update was deemed necessary.
- 09 Dec. 2019: Page added.
PvP Talents for Destruction Warlocks
You can choose 3 of the following PvP talents. The two mandatory choices are the most essential, with the third being switched out depending on the matchup.
Mandatory PvP Talents
Precognition causes you to gain 15% haste and 5 seconds of immunity to Crowd Control when an interrupt lands on you without locking you out. This talent rewards you for juking an interrupt in order to dish out more damage.
Bane of Havoc causes your spells to proc a green area of effect on the floor on a random target when you deal damage which applies the Havoc effect. This allows you to duplicate your spells on everyone who is standing in the circle.
Situational PvP Talents
Cremation grants you up to an extra 3% of the target's max HP in damage when you cast Conflagrate on a target that has your Immolate DoT present.
Nether Ward surrounds the caster with a shield that lasts 3 sec, reflecting all harmful spells cast on you. This is a crucial talent to take against all casters. You also want to use this talent versus teams with a Shaman or Death Knight. This is because their kicks are magical, and this will prevent you from being interrupted while it is active.
Shadow Rift allows you to cast an area-of-effect around the enemy, as long as you are in your Demonic Circle: Teleport range. After 2 seconds, you will teleport any enemies inside this circle to your Demonic Circle: Teleport. This ability has many creative uses and can be used to prevent enemy teams from hiding behind a pillar or to teleport melee away from you.
- Vicious War Snail Mount in Patch 10.1
- Item Level of Rewards from Mythic+ and the Great Vault in Dragonflight Season 2
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 24th
- Dragonflight 10.0.7 Class Tuning: March 28th + Retribution Nerfs March 24th
- New Aberrus Unique Drops Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Aberrus the Shadowed Crucible Loading Screen in Patch 10.1
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd