Destruction Warlock DPS Stat Priority — Shadowlands 9.1
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Destruction Warlock. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.1.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Destruction Warlock stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Destruction Warlock
The stat priority for a Destruction Warlock is:
- Haste ≥ Mastery;
- Critical Strike;
This stat priority was determined using a SimulationCraft profile in standard BiS gear with normalized stats. It was meant to simulate a very "average" set of player gear, but you should refer to this information with care. It is highly recommended you sim yourself to determine which stats your character gets maximum benefit out of, as this is subject to change depending on your ratios.
Most players will notice their stat priority shifts as they acquire higher item levels, due to the variance in scaling.
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
Gems, Enchants, and Consumables
Your stat priority has a direct impact on your gem, enchant, and consumable choices, and you can find recommendations for all 3 on our dedicated page below.
Statistics Explanations for Destruction Warlock
Intellect is your primary stat. You should look for this stat in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Spell Power, which increases the damage of your spells.
Haste influences the cast speed of your spells. The tick rate of Immolate is also increased, and the cooldown of Conflagrate is decreased. This contributes to significantly higher Soul Shard generation at higher levels of Haste. Your demons also scale with Haste.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities. Chaos Bolt always critically hits and its damage is increased by your Critical Strike, at a rate of 1% damage per 1% Critical Strike. Immolate criticals have a doubled chance to produce a Soul Shard. Your demons also scale with Critical Strike.
Mastery, through Mastery: Chaotic Energies increases your damage dealt by a random amount as well as reducing damage taken by a random amount, between 0 and the maximum amount which is determined by your current Mastery rating. This does not affect pet damage.
Versatility is a flat-out damage done increase and damage taken reduction. Your demons also scale with Versatility.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 03 Dec. 2020: Stats ranking updated following simulation profile optimisations.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands release, removed Corruptions and updated stat priority.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- New Efflorescence Animation in Patch 9.1.5
- New Timewalking Dungeons Available in Patch 9.1.5
- World First Shadowlands Mythic+ 28 Completed in Time!
- Patch 9.1 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: September 21st
- Big Love Rocket Renamed to X-45 Heartbreaker in Patch 9.1.5
- Patch 9.1.5 PTR Notes: September 21st
- Blizzard Replaced the Word "Blacklisted" with "Blocklisted" in Their Code
- Complete 5 Timewalking Dungeons for Item Level 226 Gear Piece