Destruction Warlock DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Destruction Warlock in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.2.5.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Destruction Warlock gear and best in slot.
Gearing a Destruction Warlock
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Destruction Warlock, this section will cover everything you need to know about equipping your character correctly.
If you have a new piece of gear that you need gems and enchants advice for, you can find everything you need on our dedicated page below.
How To Effectively Compare Upgrades as an Destruction Warlock
Due to the simplicity of determining upgrades with a simulation in the current era of the game, we recommend using the popular Raidbots tool to determine which pieces of gear offer the most potential for your character. The main reason why this is a huge advantage is due to the huge number of variables that differ from character to character, such as Stat Quotients, and Scale Factors.
The Top Gear function can be especially useful, as it allows you to compare multiple items and item types to find the best combination of upgrades.
Learning to use the tools available will allow you to reach the most accurate conclusions with the least effort. It is highly recommended you avail yourself of these tools, and they will serve you well when evaluating items.
The Droptimizer feature from Raidbots lets you identify which dungeons and Raid Bosses you should spend your Bonus Rolls on. It simulates all of the potential upgrades in a raid or a dungeon, and lists the bosses/dungeons by rank order of how much DPS you can expect to gain from bonus rolling on it. We have a guide for it that you can access using the link below.
Tier Set for Destruction Warlock
Patch 9.2 reintroduces Tier Sets in the game providing unique bonuses tailored for each specialisation. For Destruction these bonuses are the following:
- Destruction Warlock 2-Piece — Every 10 Soul Shards spent makes your next Chaos Bolt or Rain of Fire free to cast.
- Destruction Warlock 4-Piece — When Rain of Fire or Chaos Bolt is freely cast, you summon a Blasphemy for 8 sec.
After obtaining Destruction Warlock 4-Piece Destruction massively gains in damage output both in single target and even more in AoE scenarios. Because how the tier set accelerates the shard generation/expenditure, talents and legendaries choices are affected, producing a shift from a rather flat and monotonous gameplay to an explosive damage profile curve with frequent burst windows.
There are different methods of acquisition for Tier Pieces: the usual Sepulcher of the First Ones bosses alongside the Great Vault weekly reward. A new option is the Creation Catalyst which allows to change a non tier piece into the correspective tier item in the appropriate slot.
What slots to equip the Tier Set in For Destruction Warlock
Of the 5 different slots the Tier set pieces will be available in, only 4 are needed to activate the last set bonus, meaning there is some flexibility in how to optimise the gear and what piece to replace with possibly better statted or higher item level options.
Legendaries for Destruction Warlock
Madness of the Azj'Aqir(Head) and Embers of the Diabolic Raiment (Back) to a lesser extent are paramount to craft once acquired 4 pieces of the tier set. Because of the shift in stats priority it is advisable to craft them with Missive of Critical Strike and Missive of Haste.
For multitarget situations Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning (Finger) is the best choice and can be crafted anew with Missive of Critical Strike and Missive of Haste. However if you do possess one already with Missive of Mastery and Missive of Haste there is no need to craft a new one, since Mastery has much higher value in multi target situations.
If you are looking for in-depth explanation on what Legendary to pick for what situation and how to obtain them, read our Legendary page below.
Conduits for Destruction Warlock
Best Single-Target Potency Conduits for Destruction Warlock
Best Cleave / AoE Potency Conduits for Destruction Warlock
For more info regarding which Conduits to pick for which situations, check our full Covenants, Soulbinds & Conduits page.
Best in Slot Items for Destruction Warlock
Sanctum of Domination Best in Slot
Here we have provided a list of the best available items from Sanctum of Domination, which may be advantageous for players who have little interest in Mythic+ dungeons or PvP.
Dungeons Best in Slot
|Helm||Depraved Physician's Mask||Plaguefall|
|Neck||Sin Stained Pendant||Halls of Atonement|
|Shoulder||Mantle of the Demon Star||Creation Catalyst conversion of another item in this slot|
|Cloak||Drape of Twisted Loyalties||Spires of Ascension|
|Chest||Robes of the Demon Star||Creation Catalyst conversion of another item in this slot|
|Wrists||Contaminated Gauze Wristwraps||Theater of Pain|
|Gloves||Grasps of the Demon Star||Creation Catalyst conversion of another item in this slot|
|Belt||Kin-Tara's Baleful Cord||Spires of Ascension|
|Legs||Leggings of the Demon Star||Creation Catalyst conversion of another item in this slot|
|Boots||Dark Stride Footwraps||Spires of Ascension|
|Ring #1||Death God's Signet||De Other Side|
|Ring #2||Arachnid Cipher Ring||Plaguefall|
|Main-hand + Off-hand||Nathrian Ferula||Halls of Atonement|
|Trinket 1||Soulletting Ruby||Theater of Pain|
|Trinket 2||Unbound Changeling||Mists of Tirna Scithe|
Trinkets for Destruction Warlock
Due to the prevalence of high item level trinkets via Mythic+, raiding, and PvP, there are a variety of suitable options when it comes to trinkets. It is always best to use Raidbots Top Gear to determine what your optimal trinkets are.
From dungeons, Inscrutable Quantum Device is by far the most potent trinket for non- Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning builds, but becomes somewhat inconsistent in the latter part of a fight due to its stat increase effect being on a lower priority than other triggers. So'leah's Secret Technique and Unbound Changeling are the 2 best passive trinkets. Soulletting Ruby works well when paired with Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning and Rain of Chaos.
Trinket Simulations for Destruction Warlock
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Apr. 2022: Updated trinket recommendations.
- 10 Mar. 2022: Updated trinket section.
- 22 Feb. 2022: Added tier section and created BiS list for Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 08 Sep. 2021: Updated trinket section following Forbidden Necromantic Tome change.
- 26 Aug. 2021: Removed Castle Nathria BiS list, as it is not relevant anymore.
- 30 Jun. 2021: Added Sanctum of Domination bis list, updated trinket section and shard recommendations.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 21 Mar. 2021: Updated trinket recommendations.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Added Valor Upgrade section for Patch 9.0.5.
- 28 Dec. 2020: Added Sun King Salvation as another source of drop for the Abominable Anima Spherule weapon token.
- 04 Dec. 2020: Updated Castle Nathria BiS list, added dungeons BiS list, and updated trinket recommendations.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Added disclaimer about Bloodmallet sims.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands release, added Legendary and Conduits sections, and Castle Nathria BiS list
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Alliance Sepulcher Mythic Hall of Fame Closing this Week
- Sepulcher of the First Ones 9.2.5 Mythic DPS, Tank and Healer Log Rankings, Week 5: Affliction Is Back
- How to Receive Different Weapons from Zereth Mortis World and Daily Quests
- Very Solid Ocean Near Stormwind Defeats Player
- Impressive Stormwind Recreation in Minecraft (Video)
- Idol of Y'Shaarj Shadow Priest Talent Explained
- Upcoming Sepulcher of the First Ones Raid Tuning: July 5th
- A Preview of Priest Talent Trees in Dragonflight