Destruction Warlock DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.0.2
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Destruction Warlock in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.0.2.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic DPS Warlock gear and best in slot.
Gearing a Destruction Warlock
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Destruction Warlock, this section will cover everything you need to know about equipping your character correctly.
If you have a new piece of gear that you need gems and enchants advice for, you can find everything you need on our dedicated page below.
Gearing Early on in Shadowlands as Destruction Warlock
When Season 1 of Shadowlands begins, most of your gear will come from either Raiding, Mythic+, PvP, or the weekly chest. However, none of these options are available in the first couple of weeks of Shadowlands. Below, we go over some of the best ways to get geared early on in Shadowlands.
- Covenant Callings: These are daily quests that can give you up to 200 item level gear and Conduits.
- The Maw: Rares and Events in The Maw can drop up to 184 item level gear.
- Battlegrounds: You can exchange Honor Points for u to item level 184 gear.
- Mythic dungeons: Although Mythic+ is not open yet, standard Mythic dungeons are open. These drop 184 item level loot and can be looted once per week.
- Reputation: Getting honored allows you to buy 181 item level gear and getting exalted gives 200 item level gear.
How To Effectively Compare Upgrades as an Destruction Warlock
Due to the simplicity of determining upgrades with a simulation in the current era of the game, we recommend using the popular Raidbots tool to determine which pieces of gear offer the most potential for your character. The main reason why this is a huge advantage is due to the huge number of variables that differ from character to character, such as Stat Quotients, and Scale Factors.
The Top Gear function can be especially useful, as it allows you to compare multiple items and item types to find the best combination of upgrades.
Learning to use the tools available will allow you to reach the most accurate conclusions with the least effort. It is highly recommended you avail yourself of these tools, and they will serve you well when evaluating items.
What Gear Do I Farm/Bonus Roll/Chase After?
When identifying what gear you should be aiming after, we recommend using RaidBots' Droptimizer feature. It requires the SimulationCraft Addon. Once you have the addon installed, write "/simc" into the chat in-game, and copy-pasting the contents into the RaidBots Droptimizer.
Simply select the raid and difficulty you are interested in, and RaidBots will take a while to figure out where you should spend your bonus rolls, and more.
Legendaries for Destruction Warlock
Both Cinders of the Azj'Aqir (Legs) and Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning (Finger) are extremely important in both raiding and Mythic+ situations. It is advisable to craft them with Missive of Mastery and Missive of Haste.
After crafting and upgrading the above 2 choices, it is advisable to consider crafting other more niche choices such as:
- Relic of Demonic Synergy (Head) - enables multi-spec and is overall the second best option in both single-target and AoE.
- Embers of the Diabolic Raiment (Chest) - a solid option when playing with Fire and Brimstone.
If you are looking for in-depth explanation on what Legendary to pick for what situation and how to obtain them, read our Legendary page below.
Conduits for Destruction Warlock
Best Single-Target Potency Conduits for Destruction Warlock
Best Cleave / AoE Potency Conduits for Destruction Warlock
For more info regarding which Conduits to pick for which situations, check our full Covenants, Soulbinds & Conduits page.
Best in Slot Items for Destruction Warlock
Castle Nathria Best in Slot
Here we have provided a list of the best available items from Castle Nathria, which may be advantageous for players who have little interest in Mythic+ dungeons or PvP.
Dungeons Best in Slot
|Helm||Depraved Physician's Mask||Plaguefall|
|Neck||Sin Stained Pendant||Halls of Atonement|
|Shoulder||Reanimator's Mantle||The Necrotic Wake|
|Cloak||Drape of Twisted Loyalties||Spires of Ascension|
|Chest||Sinlight Shroud||Halls of Atonement|
|Wrists||Contaminated Gauze Wristwraps||Theater of Pain|
|Gloves||Stonefiend Shaper's Mitts||Halls of Atonement|
|Belt||Kin-Tara's Baleful Cord||Spires of Ascension|
|Legs||Leggings of the Erudite Scholar||Plaguefall|
|Boots||Dark Stride Footwraps||Spires of Ascension|
|Ring #1||Death God's Signet||De Other Side|
|Ring #2||Arachnid Cipher Ring||Plaguefall|
|Main-hand + Off-hand||Nathrian Ferula||Halls of Atonement|
|Trinket 1||Inscrutable Quantum Device||De Other Side|
|Trinket 2||Infinitely Divisible Ooze||Plaguefall|
Trinkets for Destruction Warlock
Due to the prevalence of high item level trinkets via Mythic+, raiding, and PvP, there are a variety of suitable options when it comes to trinkets. It is always best to use Raidbots Top Gear to determine what your optimal trinkets are.
From dungeons, Inscrutable Quantum Device is by far the most potent trinket, rivalling raid trinkets of similar item level. Satchel of Misbegotten Minions and Infinitely Divisible Ooze are the 2 best passive trinkets. Empyreal Ordnance is worth mentioning as the delay in buff application allows you to run it as a second on-use trinket.
Trinket Simulations for Destruction Warlock
- 28 Dec. 2020: Added Sun King Salvation as another source of drop for the Abominable Anima Spherule weapon token.
- 04 Dec. 2020: Updated Castle Nathria BiS list, added dungeons BiS list, and updated trinket recommendations.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Added disclaimer about Bloodmallet sims.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands release, added Legendary and Conduits sections, and Castle Nathria BiS list
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Blizzard Working on Solo Queue for Island Expeditions and BfA LFR Raids
- Patch 9.1 Release Date Speculation
- World Boss for the Week of February 23rd - Valinor
- Complete 5 Timewalking Dungeons for Item Level 200 Gear Piece
- Patch 9.0.5 Build 37623 - Class Changes Summary
- Who Can Get and Ride Covenant Mounts Logic Deciphered
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: February 22nd
- Burning Crusade Timewalking Is Live This Week!