Destruction Warlock PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Dragonflight / Patch 10.0.7)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Destruction Warlock in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Destruction Warlock PvP Guide.
The stat priority for Destruction Warlock in PvP
The stat priority for Destruction Warlock in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Haste is your best secondary stat to have as it reduces the Global Cooldown on abilities, reduces your cast time, and causes Conflagrate to recharge faster. This will help you cast your Chaos Bolt and Fear at a faster rate. Versatility is your second-best stat to have as it increases your damage done as well as making you take less damage, making you more durable.
In general, Destruction Warlocks want to stack as much Intellect, Haste, and Versatility as possible. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Destruction Warlock.
- Head: Crimson Gladiator's Silk Guise
- Neck: Elemental Lariat
- Shoulders: Scalesworn Cultist's Effigy
- Cloak: Crimson Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Scalesworn Cultist's Frock
- Wrists: Crimson Gladiator's Silk Wristwraps
- Hands: Scalesworn Cultist's Gloves
- Waist: Infurious Binding of Gesticulation
- Legs: Scalesworn Cultist's Culottes
- Feet: Drakebreaker's Boots
- Ring 1: Crimson Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Onyx Annulet
- Weapon: Crimson Gladiator's Staff.
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Intellect boost that will increase your damage and 1431 Stamina. Additionally, duration of CC effects on you will be reduced by 15%.
Crimson Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health.
Crimson Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity is the best offensive trinket to wear. This gives you an Intellect proc which will boost your damage.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for an Affliction Warlock:
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Writ of Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Waking Stats
- Wrist: Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Speed
- Legs: Frozen Spellthread
- Feet: Enchant Boots - Plainsrunner's Breeze
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Devotion of Versatility
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Wafting Devotion
Gem all of your gear with Energized Ysemerald.
Primordial Sockets in Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7.
Primordial Sockets are a new feature that can be socketed into the Onyx Annulet ring. Before the release of the Patch, it is difficult to determine how effective these gems are in PvP. This page will be updated shortly after the release of Patch 10.0.7 once the gems have been tested in PvP situations.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 16 Mar. 2023: Updated for DRagonflgiht Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 30 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 02 Mar. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands 9.2.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Patch 9.1.5.
- 10 Aug. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: No updates needed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 20 Oct. 2020: Removed Corruption sections.
- 03 Jul. 2020: Updated Corruptions.
- Added Recommended Corruptions section.
- 19 May 2020: Updated Corruptions section.
- 08 Apr. 2020: Updated Recommended Items.
- 14 Feb. 2020: Added Corruption Gear section. Updated Recommended Gear section.
- 20 Jan. 2020: Updated PvP gear to be Season 4 Corrupted gear.
- 09 Dec. 2019: Page added.
- Primordial Stones in PvP
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch
- Chinese Realm "Region Unavailable" Messages Appeared for EU Players
- Patch 10.0.7 Scheduled Weekly Maintenance Times
- Easy to Get 10.0.7 Mount Guides (Video): Snailemental, Bruffalon, Mossy Mammoth
- Dragonflight 10.1 Class Set Acquisition Changes and Retrospective