Destruction Warlock PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / Patch 9.1)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Destruction Warlock in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Destruction Warlock PvP Guide.
The stat priority for Destruction Warlock in PvP
The stat priority for Destruction Warlock in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Haste is your best secondary stat to have as it reduces the Global Cooldown on abilities, reduces your cast time, and causes Conflagrate to recharge faster. This will help you cast your Chaos Bolt and Fear at a faster rate. Versatility is your second-best stat to have as it increases your damage done as well as healing, which affects Mortal Coil whilst also making you more durable.
In general, Destruction Warlocks want to stack as much Intellect, Haste, and Versatility as possible. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Destruction Warlock.
- Head: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Guise
- Neck: Unchained Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Frame of the False Margrave
- Cloak: Unchained Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Robe
- Wrists: Desecrator's Keening Wristwraps
- Hands: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Gloves
- Waist: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Cord
- Legs: Cinders of the Azj'Aqir Legendary
- Feet: Tormented Shadowcleft Boots
- Ring 1: Sworn Oath of the Nine 252 version
- Ring 2: Stitchflesh's Misplaced Signet 252 version
- Weapon: Unchained Gladiator's Vesper
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Versatility boost that will increase your damage and healing.
Unchained Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate or yourself is at low health.
Sinful Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc Intellect. This is an overall strong trinket, as Haste is essential for Destruction. Additionally, the proc for Intellect increases your DPS significantly when it is active.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Destruction Warlock:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Fortified Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Haste
- Weapon Enchant: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of your gear with Quick Jewel Cluster.
For Domination Shards, there are only 2 Shards which are worth using as an Affliction Warlock. These are the Shard of Kyr which grants a stacking absorb shield, and the Shard of Dyz which increases your damage dealt by a small margin. These two Domination Shard choices are significantly stronger than the other choices, making them worth wearing in PvP.
If you would like to know more about the remaining Domination Shards' effects, how to obtain them, or how to upgrade their powers into even more potent forms, please see our official guide detailing everything about this new system of Patch 9.1:
- 10 Aug. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: No updates needed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 20 Oct. 2020: Removed Corruption sections.
- 03 Jul. 2020: Updated Corruptions.
- Added Recommended Corruptions section.
- 19 May 2020: Updated Corruptions section.
- 08 Apr. 2020: Updated Recommended Items.
- 14 Feb. 2020: Added Corruption Gear section. Updated Recommended Gear section.
- 20 Jan. 2020: Updated PvP gear to be Season 4 Corrupted gear.
- 09 Dec. 2019: Page added.
- Monk Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Two In-Game Paintings Desexualized in Patch 9.1.5
- Demon Hunter Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Legendary Scrapping in Patch 9.1.5: How to Destroy Legendaries into Materials
- Death Knight Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- A Preview of All New Druid Travel Forms Coming in Patch 9.1.5
- New 9.1.5 Highmountain Tauren Customizations
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour