Destruction Warlock PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Dragonflight 10.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Destruction Warlock in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Destruction Warlock PvP Guide.
The stat priority for Destruction Warlock in PvP
The stat priority for Destruction Warlock in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Haste is your best secondary stat to have, as it reduces the Global Cooldown on abilities, reduces your cast time, and causes Conflagrate to recharge faster. This will help you cast your Chaos Bolt and Fear at a faster rate. Versatility is your second-best stat to have as it increases your damage done as well as making you take less damage, making you more durable.
In general, Destruction Warlocks want to get gear that gives both Versatility and Haste, with a priority on Versatility. Most PvP pieces from Honor and Conquest will have Versatility and Haste, so these are generally the best items to go for. Currently, the War Mode gear from Bloody Tokens has a set bonus. However, this set bonus does not work in PvP content.
Note that the Season 3 Tier set bonuses are all nerfed by 50% in PvP scenarios. Destruction Warlock's Warlock Destruction 10.2 Class Set 2pc and Warlock Destruction 10.2 Class Set 4pc are both worth using in Season 3. Note that only the gloves have Versatility on them, and the helmet has the worst stats. As such, the best gear list would be as follows.
- Head: Verdant Gladiator's Silk Guise
- Neck: Verdant Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Devout Ashdevil's Hatespikes Tier
- Cloak: Verdant Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Devout Ashdevil's Razorhide Tier
- Wrists: Verdant Gladiator's Silk Armbands
- Hands: Devout Ashdevil's Claws Tier
- Waist: Infurious Binding of Gesticulation Embellishment Mettle
- Legs: Devout Ashdevil's Tights Tier
- Feet: Vibrant Wildercloth Slippers Embellishment Precognition
- Ring 1: Verdant Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Signet of Titanic Insight
- Weapon: Verdant Gladiator's Staff.
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Intellect boost that will increase your damage and Stamina. Additionally, the duration of CC effects on you will be reduced by 15%.
Verdant Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control, and a teammate is at low health.
Verdant Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity is the best offensive trinket to wear. This gives you an Intellect proc which will boost your damage.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for an Affliction Warlock:
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Writ of Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Waking Stats
- Wrist: Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Speed
- Belt: Shadowed Belt Clasp
- Legs: Frozen Spellthread
- Feet: Enchant Boots - Plainsrunner's Breeze
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Devotion of Versatility
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Wafting Devotion
Gem all of your gear with Energized Ysemerald.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.5.
- 09 May 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 16 Mar. 2023: Updated for DRagonflgiht Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 30 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 02 Mar. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands 9.2.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Patch 9.1.5.
- 10 Aug. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: No updates needed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 20 Oct. 2020: Removed Corruption sections.
- 03 Jul. 2020: Updated Corruptions.
- Added Recommended Corruptions section.
- 19 May 2020: Updated Corruptions section.
- 08 Apr. 2020: Updated Recommended Items.
- 14 Feb. 2020: Added Corruption Gear section. Updated Recommended Gear section.
- 20 Jan. 2020: Updated PvP gear to be Season 4 Corrupted gear.
- 09 Dec. 2019: Page added.
- One THOUSAND+ Pull Dramatic Tindral Mythic Kill by Skyline
- Wowdle: World of Warcraft Wordle-Style Game
- Illidari Doomhawk Available for Purchase with Timewarped Badges
- Tabard of Fury Available to Amazon Prime Subscribers This Month
- Patch 10.2 Week 4 Guide: A Comprehensive To-Do List for Season 3 Week 3
- Item Level of Timewalking Rewards in Dragonflight Season 3
- Second Catalyst Charge Available This Week on Live Servers
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 27th