Destruction Warlock PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (BfA / Patch 8.3)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Destruction Warlock in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats as well as guidance on how to pick up your Azerite pieces, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Destruction Warlock PvP Guide.
The stat priority for Destruction Warlock in PvP
The stat priority for Destruction Warlock in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Mastery is the strongest secondary stat at all times due to it increasing Mastery: Chaotic Energies. This increases the damage of your spells and reduces damage you take. Haste is also a good stat to have, as it reduces the Global Cooldown on abilities and reduces your cast time. This will help you cast your Chaos Bolt and Cataclysm quicker.
Corruption Gear for Destruction Warlocks in PvP
Gear has a chance to get a Corruption@ effect on them. This Corruption can have 2 different affects: dealing damage or increasing one of your stats. The more Corruption to have, the more damage you will take from the Corruption effects. It is recommended to not have more than 40 Corruption at once or you will take too much damage and die quickly.
For a general guide on Corruptions, check out our guide.
Corruptions that deal Damage
Corruptions that deal damage proc from your damaging abilities. Although you do not have a choice on when they proc, most of them proc often and can make up a large amount of your overall damage. Below are the best Corruptions to have that will deal damage from using your abilities.
- Infinite Stars — Although the debuff is dispellable, it procs very often and can drastically increase your cleave damage.
- Gushing Wound — Places a very large DoT on the enemy that cannot be dispelled. Perfect for increasing your overall damage output.
- Twisted Appendage — gives your abilities a chance to summon a tendril that will deal damage and slow the enemy. This tendril can be killed, but you can spawn multiple on one target and will do incredible amounts of damage if they are not killed quickly.
Corruptions that increase Stats
Corruptions that increase Stats are also extremely powerful. These Corruptions also have two different variations. The first is a proc chance to gain a stat. This is just like any other proc, where you will randomly get a buff that greatly increases one of your stats. The second, is you receive a certain stat from any source. This means you can gain that stat from anything from gear to traits. These stat increases are much more powerful to have. Below are the best Corruptions that increase your stats.
- Expedient — Because Haste is one of your best stats, this is by far the best stat increase corruption to have. Quick note: this is not a proc, but this is just a flat increase to your Haste.
- Racing Pulse — Similar to the Expedient corruption, Racing Pulse also increases your Haste. However, this is a proc, so you will not have control over when you get this Haste increase. With that said, it is still one of the best Corruptions you can get.
- Masterful — Because Mastery is another great stat, this is by far the next best corruption to have. Quick note: this is not a proc, but this is just a flat increase to your mastery.
- Honed Mind — Similar to the Masterful corruption, Honed Mind also increases your Mastery. However, this is a proc, so you will not have control over when you get this Mastery increase. With that said, it is still one of the best Corruptions you can get.
In general, Destruction Warlocks want to get trinkets that line up well with Dark Soul: Instability. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Intellect. The reason you want to increase Intellect is because it drastically increases your overall damage output.
Below, we list the items that have these traits.
- Inventor's Ingenious Trifocals:
- Visage of Nightmarish Machinations;
- Secret Spinner's Miter;
- Corrupted Gladiator's Silk Cowl;
- Corrupted Gladiator's Silk Cowl.
- Spaulders of Miasmic Mycelia;
- Void Ascendant's Mantle;
- Corrupted Gladiator's Silk Epaulets;
- Corrupted Gladiator's Silk Epaulets.
Corrupted Gladiator's Maledict is a great trinket to have. The on-use damage and healing absorption is capable of forcing defensives, especially when coordinated with your other teammates Maledicts. This can be used by itself or while you are using your burst rotation to force multiple cooldowns out of enemy teams. If you use this trinket, make sure your other teammates are using it as well. Otherwise, the enemy healer can just dispel the debuff and it will force cooldowns.
Corrupted Gladiator's Safeguard is a mandatory trinket if you think the enemy team can swap to you and kill you. This provides an additional defensive for when you drop to low health. If you do not think a team will swap to you and kill you, you can use replace this one with any of the trinkets below.
Corrupted Gladiator's Insignia has a good amount of Versatility on it and has a passive effect. This effect increases your Intellect. This increases your sustained damage.
Enchant Weapon - Machinist's Brilliance is the best weapon enchants. This enchant provides a proc that gives you more Haste. This reduces the cast time of your important spells and results in an increase to your overall damage.
- 14 Feb. 2020: Added Corruption Gear section. Updated Recommended Gear section.
- 20 Jan. 2020: Updated PvP gear to be Season 4 Corrupted gear.
- 09 Dec. 2019: Page added.
- Spirit of Eche'ro Mount Quest Now Available on Live Servers
- Patch 8.3 and Classic Hotfixes: February 14th
- Patch 8.3 and Classic Hotfixes: February 13th
- Warsong Gulch Exit Portals to Be Removed
- MDI and AWC 2020 Plans and Changes Revealed
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: February 12th
- Blackwing Lair Cleared in Under an Hour, World First Videos
- Blackwing Lair Raid in WoW Classic (Official Preview)
- Restoration Shaman 8.2
- Mistweaver Monk PvP 8.1.5
- Holy Paladin 8.2
- VuhDo: a Comprehensive Guide
- Lunar Festival
- Mythic+ Affixes
- BfA Level 120 Battle Guide