Destruction Warlock PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / Patch 9.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Destruction Warlock in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Destruction Warlock PvP Guide.
The stat priority for Destruction Warlock in PvP
The stat priority for Destruction Warlock in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Haste is your best secondary stat to have as it reduces the Global Cooldown on abilities, reduces your cast time, and causes Conflagrate to recharge faster. This will help you cast your Chaos Bolt and Fear at a faster rate. Versatility is your second-best stat to have as it increases your damage done as well as healing, which affects Mortal Coil whilst also making you more durable.
In general, Destruction Warlocks want to stack as much Intellect, Haste, and Versatility as possible. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Destruction Warlock.
- Head: Horns of the Demon Star Tier Piece
- Neck: Cosmic Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Mantle of the Demon Star Tier Piece
- Cloak: Cinders of the Azj'Aqir
- Chest: Robes of the Demon Star Tier Piece
- Wrists: Cosmic Gladiator's Silk Armbands
- Hands: Grasps of the Demon Star Tier Piece
- Waist: Cosmic Gladiator's Silk Cord or Shard of Annihilation
- Legs: Cosmic Gladiator's Silk Leggings
- Feet: Cosmic Gladiator's Silk Treads or Decaying Soul Satchel
- Ring 1: Cosmic Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Stitchflesh's Misplaced Signet
- Weapon: Cosmic Gladiator's Vesper.
Tier Sets for Destruction Warlocks
The Destruction Warlock 2-Piece bonus makes your next Chaos Bolt or Rain of Fire cost no Shards and be instant cast for every 10 Soul Shards spent. The Destruction Warlock 4-Piece bonus causes you to summon a Blasphemy which is like an Infernal. The tier set bonuses are extremely strong and significantly buffs Destruction Warlocks in Arena.
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Intellect boost that will increase your damage and 350 Stamina.
Cosmic Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate or yourself is at low health.
Cosmic Gladiator's Resonator is a damage trinket that acts like a grenade. At the time of writing of this guide, this trinket is very powerful and is more valuable than any of the other newly-introduced trinkets.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Destruction Warlock:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Fortified Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Haste
- Weapon Enchant: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of your gear with Quick Jewel Cluster.
- 02 Mar. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands 9.2.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Patch 9.1.5.
- 10 Aug. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: No updates needed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 20 Oct. 2020: Removed Corruption sections.
- 03 Jul. 2020: Updated Corruptions.
- Added Recommended Corruptions section.
- 19 May 2020: Updated Corruptions section.
- 08 Apr. 2020: Updated Recommended Items.
- 14 Feb. 2020: Added Corruption Gear section. Updated Recommended Gear section.
- 20 Jan. 2020: Updated PvP gear to be Season 4 Corrupted gear.
- 09 Dec. 2019: Page added.
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- Shadowlands 9.2 Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Weeks 10 and 11
- Eyes of the Wolf Calia Menethil Quest in Patch 9.2.5
- Everything We Know About the Shrouded Affix in Shadowlands Season 4
- New Oribos Portals in Patch 9.2.5
- Patch 9.2.5 Build 43741: Achievement Changes
- Patch 9.2 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 17th
- Patch 9.2.5 PTR Development Notes: May 17th