Destruction Warlock PvP Best Arena Compositions (Shadowlands / Patch 9.2)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Destruction Warlock (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Destruction Warlock PvP Guide.
In 2v2 Arena, there are not many options. Your goal is to avoid as much damage as possible by kiting with Demonic Circle: Teleport and Curse of Exhaustion while throwing out instant damage with Conflagrate. Creating windows to cast Chaos Bolt can help close games out. If the enemy team is stacked and trying to line-of-sight your damage, use Cataclysm to deal damage and poke them while maintaining distance. It is important to note that if you are interrupted while casting Fear, you can still cast Chaos Bolt.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Destruction Warlock + Restoration Druid;
- Destruction Warlock + Holy Priest;
- Destruction Warlock + Mistweaver Monk;
- Destruction Warlock + Restoration Shaman.
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena. You are trying to find a time to use Mortal Coil on both DPS and cast multiple Chaos Bolts on your kill target. In the meantime, avoiding damage by utilizing Fear and your mobility. It is best to be playing with another caster so you are not the only person being interrupted. Use Fear on the enemy healer and have one of your teammates stun your kill target. Teams will try to run away from your damage behind a pillar, use Cataclysm when they do this. It is important to note that Fear should be casted almost always unless someone is already Feared. This allows you to cast Chaos Bolt as the Feared person cannot interrupt, and allows you to bait interrupts from the other players on the enemy team.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- MLD (Destruction Warlock + Restoration Druid + Frost Mage;
- LSD (Destruction Warlock + Restoration Druid + Elemental Shaman;
- WW Lock Holy Paladin (Destruction Warlock + Windwalker Monk + Holy Paladin.
- WLD (Destruction Warlock + Arms Warrior + Restoration Druid.
- 02 Mar. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands 9.2.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Patch 9.1.5.
- 10 Aug. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: No updates needed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 20 Oct. 2020: This page was checked for patch 9.0.1 and no updates were necessary.
- 20 Jan. 2020: This page was checked for Patch 8.3 and no update was deemed necessary.
- 09 Dec. 2019: Page added.
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- Shadowlands 9.2 Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Weeks 10 and 11
- Eyes of the Wolf Calia Menethil Quest in Patch 9.2.5
- Everything We Know About the Shrouded Affix in Shadowlands Season 4
- New Oribos Portals in Patch 9.2.5
- Patch 9.2.5 Build 43741: Achievement Changes
- Patch 9.2 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 17th
- Patch 9.2.5 PTR Development Notes: May 17th