Destruction Warlock PvP Best Arena Compositions (Shadowlands / Patch 9.0.2)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Destruction Warlock (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Destruction Warlock PvP Guide.
In 2v2 Arena, there are not many options. Your primary goal is to get a full Fear on the enemy healer while your teammate stuns the kill target and you cast multiple Chaos Bolts. If the enemy team is stacked and trying to line of sight your damage, use Cataclysm to generate Soul Shards. It is important to note that if you are interrupted while casting Fear, you can still cast Chaos Bolt.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Destruction Warlock + Holy Priest;
- Destruction Warlock + Holy Paladin;
- Destruction Warlock + Restoration Shaman;
- Destruction Warlock + Restoration Druid.
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena. You are trying to find a time to use Mortal Coil on both DPS and cast multiple Chaos Bolts on your kill target. It is best to be playing with another caster so you are not the only person being interrupted. Use Fear on the enemy healer and have one of your teammates stun your kill target. Teams will try to run away from your damage behind a pillar, use Rain of Fire when they do this. It is important to note that Fear should also be used to help your teammates. If you or a teammate is struggling to stay alive, use Fear on an enemy DPS without a trinket. If they both have trinkets, use it on whichever enemy you want.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- WLS (Destruction Warlock + Arms Warrior + Holy Paladin/Restoration Shaman);
- Shadow Play (Destruction Warlock + Shadow Priest + Restoration Druid/Holy Paladin);
- Destruction Warlock + Elemental Shaman + Restoration Druid/Holy Paladin;
- Shadowcleave (Destruction Warlock + Unholy Death Knight + Holy Paladin/Restoration Druid).
- 20 Oct. 2020: This page was checked for patch 9.0.1 and no updates were necessary.
- 20 Jan. 2020: This page was checked for Patch 8.3 and no update was deemed necessary.
- 09 Dec. 2019: Page added.
- Blizzard Working on Solo Queue for Island Expeditions and BfA LFR Raids
- Patch 9.1 Release Date Speculation
- World Boss for the Week of February 23rd - Valinor
- Complete 5 Timewalking Dungeons for Item Level 200 Gear Piece
- Patch 9.0.5 Build 37623 - Class Changes Summary
- Who Can Get and Ride Covenant Mounts Logic Deciphered
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: February 22nd
- Burning Crusade Timewalking Is Live This Week!