Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.2)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Havoc Demon Hunters in PvP
For more information about what Covenants bring you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Demon Hunters.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. All of these are Covenant-specific and they are different based on which you choose. Here is are the best Covenants for Havoc Demon Hunter.
- Necrolord is the best Covenant you can choose. This gives you more survivability from Fleshcraft and the Demon Hunter Necrolord passive, Fodder to the Flame.
- Night Fae is another good Covenant you can choose. This gives you a strong burst ability, The Hunt. With a relatively short cooldown, you can use this for single-target damage and to heal yourself if you need it. You will also get Soulshape that will increase your mobility.
Best Soulbinds for Havoc Demon Hunters in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc. Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Necrolord.
Night Fae Soulbinds
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc. Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Night Fae.
Best Conduits for Havoc Demon Hunters in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Havoc Demon Hunters in PvP
- If you are Necrolord, Brooding Pool increases the duration of the Empowered Demon from Fodder to the Flame. This results in an overall increase to your damage output.
- If you are Night Fae, Unnatural Malice significantly increases the damage of The Hunt. This increases your single-target burst damage.
- Growing Inferno increases the damage of Immolation Aura. This is very strong versus teams that are stacked or have pets.
- Dancing with Fate makes the final slash of Blade Dance deal more damage. This is great for both single-target and cleave damage.
Best Endurance Conduits for Havoc Demon Hunters in PvP
- Fel Defender reduces the cooldown of your primary defensive, Blur. This is great for increasing your overall survivability against all teams.
- Viscous Ink reduces magical damage you take. This is a solid Conduit versus most teams.
Best Finesse Conduits for Havoc Demon Hunters in PvP
- Ravenous Consumption gives Consume Magic a chance to remove a second buff from the enemy. This is extremely powerful versus most classes.
- Felfire Haste increases your movement speed after using Fel Rush. This is great for chasing after enemies or kiting away from them. This works great with the Erratic Fel Core legendary.
Best Legendaries for Havoc Demon Hunters in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for a Havoc Demon Hunter.
- Burning Wound makes it so Demon's Bite/ Demon Blades applies a debuff to the target that increases damage they take from Immolation Aura. This is the best Legendary for both single-target and cleave damage, as long as you have high uptime on the target.
- Collective Anguish is another good Legendary to get. Because Eye Beam is used so often, this will greatly increase your overall single-target and spread damage.
- Darkest Hour should be used versus teams with multiple stuns that will be focusing you. This will greatly increase your survivability.
- Chaos Theory is another optional Legendary you can get. This gives Blade Dance a chance to grant you Chaotic Blades. This is great for increasing your sustained damage and dealing damage outside of your burst cooldowns.
In addition to these Legendaries, Unity allows players to also equip their Covenant Legendary. As a Havoc Demon Hunter you should be playing Necrolord, which means you will be gaining the Demonic Oath power. If you are playing Night Fae, Blazing Slaughter is the Legendary you will use.
- 26 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Updated Best Covenant.
- Updated Best Soulbind Path.
- Updated Best Conduits.
- Updated Best Legendaries.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Soulbind Path.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Updated Recommended Conduits.
- Updated Best Legendary.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- New Heartbond Lupine Flying Animation in Patch 9.2.5
- Cool New Patch 9.2.5 Windrunner Easter Egg
- Kalimdorathon: Running Kalimdor from South to North IRL
- Patch 9.2.5 Survival Guide - Everything Coming in the World of Warcraft Update
- The Ultimate Silvermoonception
- World First Hardcore Level 99 in Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1
- Bird's Eye View of Various World of Warcraft Maps
- Enigma Arena Changes