Havoc Demon Hunter DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Havoc Demon Hunter in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.0.5.
Gearing a Havoc Demon Hunter
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Havoc Demon Hunter, this section will cover everything you need to know about equipping your character correctly.
When you acquire a new piece of gear that can be enchanted, you should make sure to put the right effect on it. We have that covered in our Enchant page below.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Havoc Demon Hunter
At this point in World of Warcraft's lifecycle, and despite the stat priority we recommend, there are often too many variables to each individual character to give hard recommendations. There is no easy way to give you an exact answer to individual items, and this is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose set bonuses, trinkets and item combinations in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is a big factor in unlocking your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
The Droptimizer feature from Raidbots lets you identify which dungeons and Raid Bosses you should spend your Bonus Rolls on. It simulates all of the potential upgrades in a raid or a dungeon, and lists the bosses/dungeons by rank order of how much DPS you can expect to gain from bonus rolling on it. We have a guide for it that you can access using the link below.
Gearing Early on in Shadowlands as a Havoc Demon Hunter
In Shadowlands Season 1, the majority of your gear will be coming from more focused activities such as Raiding, Mythic+, PvP, or your weekly Vault cache. However, you can still augment your choices with the following activities:
- Covenant Callings: these are daily emissary quests that can provide powerful gear pieces, and can also grant Conduits when completed.
- Covenant Campaign: This will give you a full set of gear that can be upgraded with Anima up to 197, and when complete also gives a single 187 weapon token.
- The Maw: the Wrath of the Jailer event in The Maw has a chance to drop item level 183 gear once a week.
- Battlegrounds: you can exchange Honor points earned in PvP to upgrade PvP gear up to item level 197.
- Mythic dungeons: Regular Mythic dungeons can be done once per week with access to gear up to item level 184.
- Reputations: raising reputation with each zone's faction allows you to buy gear at Honored and Exalted.
While we heavily recommend simming yourself, you can find some of our general simulations on the dedicated page below.
Legendaries for Havoc Demon Hunter
Havoc has a few strong options, but right now there is an easy first pick that serves well in all situations with Collective Anguish. While there are more specialized choices, this will generally provide you with a solid benefit to both single-target and AoE in one craft.
Despite this, there are a lot of more specialized options available. In particular, there is Burning Wound and Darkglare Boon, both buffed in Patch 9.0.5. If you want a more detailed explanation of each individual Legendary and also more options for different scenarios, you can look at our dedicated page linked here:
Conduits for Havoc Demon Hunter
Best Potency Conduits for Havoc Demon Hunter
Best Endurance Conduits for Havoc Demon Hunter
For more details regarding each individual Conduit, you can look at our dedicated Covenant, Soulbind and Conduits page linked below:
Trinket Notes for Havoc Demon Hunter
Due to how strong trinkets can sometimes be, and that they are not always easily accessible from Mythic+, raiding, and PvP sources, we always recommend always best to use Raidbots' Top Gear to determine what your optimal trinkets are.
Bloodmallet.com also provides rankings for Shadowlands trinkets to give a general overview of relative power levels, and things to look out for:
Often, many people tend to overthink the distribution of secondary stats, rather than consider the most important factor: more stats is often better. Due to this (especially in Shadowlands with the increased value of Agility), you will often be making your choice based on item level above all outside of specific situations. Keep that rule in mind when considering gear, but always remember to sim yourself, and check out our stats page for more details.
Recommended Dungeon Gear for Havoc Demon Hunter
This is a recommended set of gear available exclusively from Dungeon drops. This excludes open world drops because of how random it can sometimes be to acquire them, so these serve as items to slot in whenever you can. Trinkets are not listed, as they are covered in the dedicated section above.
Note that as of Patch 9.0.5, these items can also be upgraded all the way up to item level 220 via the new Valor system. If possible, hunting these items and upgrading them to fill any gaps in your gear is ideal.
|Helm||Vicious Surge Faceguard||Spires of Ascension|
|Neck||Azure-Venom Choker||Spires of Ascension|
|Shoulder||Far Traveler's Shoulderpads||De Other Side|
|Cloak||Blighted Margrave's Cloak||Plaguefall|
|Chest||Rainshadow Hauberk||Mists of Tirna Scithe|
|Wrists||Risen Monstrosity Cuffs||The Necrotic Wake|
|Gloves||Gloves of Haunting Fixation||Halls of Atonement|
|Belt||Sapgorger Belt||Mists of Tirna Scithe|
|Legs||Abyssal Disharmony Breeches||Spires of Ascension|
|Boots||Vanquished Usurper's Footpads||Theater of Pain|
|Ring #1||Stitchflesh's Misplaced Signet||The Necrotic Wake|
|Ring #2||Bloodoath Signet||Theater of Pain|
|Weapons||Poxstorm, Longsword of Pestilence||Plaguefall|
|Alternative||Stone General's Edge||Sanguine Depths|
Recommended Castle Nathria for Havoc Demon Hunter
This section contains the best gear to look for in the Castle Nathria raid. It does not include anything from outside sources, so with some drops you have access to you might have better choices.
Note that the weapons in Castle Nathria come from Venerated Anima Spherules which are tokens. These provide different weapons depending on your covenant (these have the same stats, but different appearances), but all require this token to purchase.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5 with a note regarding Valor.
- 21 Jan. 2021: Updated item levels for rewards, removed trinket recommendations due to Bloodmallet support.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands Season 1 release.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands launch.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- The Lowest Mythic Wipe in WoW History?
- Patch 9.1 Raid Testing Schedule: April 22nd
- The Reddit Singularity: Deathwing As Both Mount and Player Housing
- Fire Mage in Patch 9.1: An Initial PTR Spec Overview
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- Torghast, Sanctum of Domination Loot Item Level
- When Will Daisy the Sloth Become Available?
- New Text-to-Speech Accessibility Option Coming in Patch 9.1