Havoc Demon Hunter DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.2.7
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Havoc Demon Hunter in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.2.7.
Gearing a Havoc Demon Hunter
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Havoc Demon Hunter, this section will cover everything you need to know about equipping your character.
When you acquire a new piece of gear that can be enchanted, you should make sure to put the right effect on it. We have that covered in our Enchant page below.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Havoc Demon Hunter
At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose set bonuses, Covenant choices, trinkets and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
The Droptimizer feature from Raidbots lets you identify which dungeons and Raid Bosses you should spend your Bonus Rolls on. It simulates all of the potential upgrades in a raid or a dungeon, and lists the bosses/dungeons by rank order of how much DPS you can expect to gain from bonus rolling on it. We have a guide for it that you can access using the link below.
While we heavily recommend simming yourself, you can find some of our general simulations on the dedicated page below.
Legendaries for Havoc Demon Hunter
Havoc has two few strong options, and your selection is largely defined by the damage profile you are looking for. Both are focused around Eye Beam due to the synergy with Venthyr, which is currently the dominant Covenant:
There is a lot of overlap between these two, and both are focused on extending Sinful Brand with each of them being useful depending on target count or consistency.
If you want a more detailed explanation of each individual Legendary and also more options for different scenarios, you can look at our dedicated page linked here:
Conduits for Havoc Demon Hunter
Best Potency Conduits for Havoc Demon Hunter
Best Endurance Conduits for Havoc Demon Hunter
For more details regarding each individual Conduit, you can look at our dedicated Covenant, Soulbind and Conduits page linked below:
Trinket Notes for Havoc Demon Hunter
Due to how strong trinkets can sometimes be, and that they are not always easily accessible from Mythic+, raiding, and PvP sources, we always recommend using Raidbots' Top Gear to determine what your optimal trinkets are.
Bloodmallet.com also provides rankings for Shadowlands trinkets to give a general overview of relative power levels, and things to look out for:
Often, many people tend to overthink the distribution of secondary stats, rather than consider the most important factor: more stats is often better. Due to this (especially in Shadowlands with the increased value of Agility), you will often be making your choice based on item level above all outside of specific situations. Keep that rule in mind when considering gear, but always remember to sim yourself, and check out our stats page for more details.
Tier 28 Set Bonus
Patch 9.2 added in two-piece and four-piece set bonuses available for all specializations, granting effects built around class mechanics when equipped. The Havoc effects are as follows:
- Havoc DH 2-Piece — Blade Dance and Chaos Strike damage is increased by 20% (includes Metamorphosis' versions Death Sweep and Annihilation).
- Havoc DH 4-Piece — Metamorphosis casts last for an additional 6 seconds, and every 60 Fury you spend reduces its cooldown by 1 second.
This can be obtained from bosses within the Sepulcher of the First Ones and the Great Vault. First and foremost you should aim to activate the four piece bonus, but the weakest piece are the Gloves, so if you have the choice this is the one to avoid. You can find more details on our Rotation page covering the impact of the bonuses for Havoc:
These pieces can also be accessed outside of the regular drop sources through the Creation Catalyst system. This allows you to use resources gathered on Zereth Mortis to convert items that share slots with Tier pieces into a Tier piece, enabling the set bonus requirements, and this system is still active in Season 4.
In Season 4 it is absolutely still worth maintaining this bonus, so using the Catalyst to create higher item level pieces is recommended.
Season 4 has completely disabled Domination Shards in all content, and removed Domination sockets from any gear pieces that had them on previously.
Recommended Dungeon Gear for Havoc Demon Hunter
This is a recommended set of gear available exclusively from the active Mythic+ Dungeons in Season 4. This is not a definitive best to equip, and moreso the best pieces in each given slot that can be adjusted around depending on your currently equipped gear. Trinkets are not listed, as they are covered in the dedicated section above.
Note: Due to the large number of similar loot pieces present within them, Grimrail Depot and Iron Docks are currently excluded from this table until more is known about the Season 4 loot table.
Recommended Raid Items
As part of Shadowlands Season 4, all three raids of the expansion — Castle Nathria, Sanctum of Domination, and Sepulcher of the First Ones — will be dropping higher item level gear and be brought up accordingly in their tuning. However, only one of these "Fated Raids" will be active per week. Because of this, there are multiple tables featuring gear from each raid that you may wish to seek out — simply select the button for the current week's raid. Remember, however, that these are general recommendations. It is highly likely that any piece featuring a higher item level than your current gear will remain an upgrade for your character, and you should consider simulating your character using Raidbots when optimizing for offense.
It should also be noted that the Creation Catalyst in Zereth Mortis is still available with all of its accumulated charges. This will be very useful as a way to upgrade your Tier Set, given that the individual tokens will still only be dropping from bosses in Sepulcher of the First Ones. You should always aim to maintain the 4-piece bonus at all times no matter what gear setup you are using, so using this system is a perfect way to keep it active with your new gear!
|Recommended Raid Gear Table|
|Combined||Castle Nathria||Sanctum of Domination||Sepulcher of the First Ones|
Combined Recommended Fated Raid Gear
|Shoulders||Mercurial Punisher's Shoulderpads||Lords of Dread|
|Cloak||Crest of the Legionnaire General||Stone Legion Generals|
|Chest||Mercurial Punisher's Jerkin||Rygelon|
|Wrists||Devourer's Sandblown Hidebinders||Skolex, the Insatiable Ravener|
|Gloves||Grasps of Abducted Fate||Lords of Dread|
|Belt||Windrunner's Baldric||Sylvanas Windrunner|
|Boots||Treads of Titanic Curiosity||Rygelon (Creation Catalyst)|
|Ring 1||Tarnished Insignia of Quel'Thalas||Sylvanas Windrunner|
|Ring 2||Loquacious Keeper's Peridot||Lihuvim, Principal Architect|
|Weapon||Cruciform Veinripper||Painsmith Raznal|
|Alternative||Alandien's Tortured Twinblades||Lords of Dread|
Recommended Castle Nathria Gear
Recommended Sanctum of Domination Gear
Recommended Sepulcher of the First Ones Gear
Puzzling Cartel Dinar Purchases
As part of Fated Raids in Season 4 of Shadowlands, you will have the opportunity to acquire up to three Puzzling Cartel Dinars. With these special coins, you can purchase weapons or trinkets from any of the raids for one Dinar each. These take multiple weeks to acquire, so your exact purchases may vary depending on what loot you are able to naturally obtain while progressing the quest toward each Dinar. The following is a list of items to look out for with this syste.
- Cruciform Veinripper — this weapon is powerful for single-target, and the boss has a fairly bloated loot table to boot alongside us needing two of them. This is also a fairly contested item so getting hold of one on your own might be difficult. Ideally, you want to prioritise getting two of these.
- Cache of Acquired Treasures — this is by far Havoc's best trinket option and should be picked up as a priority after Veinrippers.
- Salvaged Fusion Amplifier — also a powerful on-use, and while having two trinkets that clash can be awkward Havoc gains more from high power windows that can be leveraged rather than stat sticks, so it is worth grabbing.
- Alandien's Tortured Twinblades — provides a max item-level weapon and is also one of the more difficult items to obtain due to being specifically a Warglaive, and provides an alternative to Veinrippers.
Unique Season 4 Items
Season 4 does open up a few previous items and combinations that have been desirable in the past that are worth looking at. Also, Legion Timewalking is going to be available briefly as well with some powerful items contained within that are worth grabbing for the item level upgrade:
- Logic Loops and Bit Bands — in a situation where both Ring slots are available to us, this provides free Haste when combining either Recursion or Division with the Overclocking Bit Band. These come as two separate items that work together from the Lower and Upper Mechagon dungeons, and are worth considering.
- Faulty Countermeasure — from Legion timewalking provides an alternative to Salvaged Fusion Amplifier as a high value on use option for direct damage, and is worth grabbing if possible.
- 30 Jul. 2022: Updated for Season 4 release with gear recommendations for every raid.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 19 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 05 Nov. 2021: Shifted recommended Domination Shard set to Frost.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5 for Covenant Conduits and note on Frost Shards.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5 with a note regarding Valor.
- 21 Jan. 2021: Updated item levels for rewards, removed trinket recommendations due to Bloodmallet support.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands Season 1 release.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands launch.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Things to Do Before Dragonflight
- Warlock Changes in Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Great Vault Added to the Map of Valdrakken
- Rogue Changes in Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Patch 9.2.7 Hotfixes: October 3rd
- Priest Changes Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Warrior Gladiator and Elite PvP Sets in Dragonflight
- Shadowlands Season 4 Fated Raid Mythic DPS Log Rankings, Week 9: Sepulcher