Havoc Demon Hunter DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.2
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Havoc Demon Hunter in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.2.
Gearing a Havoc Demon Hunter
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Havoc Demon Hunter, this section will cover everything you need to know about equipping your character correctly.
When you acquire a new piece of gear that can be enchanted, you should make sure to put the right effect on it. We have that covered in our Enchant page below.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Havoc Demon Hunter
At this point in World of Warcraft's lifecycle, and despite the stat priority we recommend, there are often too many variables to each individual character to give hard recommendations. There is no easy way to give you an exact answer to individual items, and this is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose set bonuses, trinkets and item combinations in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is a big factor in unlocking your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
The Droptimizer feature from Raidbots lets you identify which dungeons and Raid Bosses you should spend your Bonus Rolls on. It simulates all of the potential upgrades in a raid or a dungeon, and lists the bosses/dungeons by rank order of how much DPS you can expect to gain from bonus rolling on it. We have a guide for it that you can access using the link below.
While we heavily recommend simming yourself, you can find some of our general simulations on the dedicated page below.
Legendaries for Havoc Demon Hunter
Havoc has a few strong options, and your selection is largely defined by the damage profile you are looking for and the Covenant you are playing. The rules to watch for are:
- Before double Legendaries, when playing Venthyr you should be using Agony Gaze.
- After double Legendaries, this should be paired with Collective Anguish or Darkglare Boon depending on preference.
- Night Fae can play either Burning Wound for single-target/cleave situations by maintaining the debuff on multiple targets, or Collective Anguish for extra burst AoE.
If you want a more detailed explanation of each individual Legendary and also more options for different scenarios, you can look at our dedicated page linked here:
Conduits for Havoc Demon Hunter
Best Potency Conduits for Havoc Demon Hunter
- Growing Inferno
- Relentless Onslaught
- Brooding Pool (Necrolord), Unnatural Malice (Night Fae)
- Adaptive Armor Fragment
Best Endurance Conduits for Havoc Demon Hunter
For more details regarding each individual Conduit, you can look at our dedicated Covenant, Soulbind and Conduits page linked below:
Trinket Notes for Havoc Demon Hunter
Due to how strong trinkets can sometimes be, and that they are not always easily accessible from Mythic+, raiding, and PvP sources, we always recommend always best to use Raidbots' Top Gear to determine what your optimal trinkets are.
Bloodmallet.com also provides rankings for Shadowlands trinkets to give a general overview of relative power levels, and things to look out for:
Often, many people tend to overthink the distribution of secondary stats, rather than consider the most important factor: more stats is often better. Due to this (especially in Shadowlands with the increased value of Agility), you will often be making your choice based on item level above all outside of specific situations. Keep that rule in mind when considering gear, but always remember to sim yourself, and check out our stats page for more details.
Tier 28 Set Bonus
Patch 9.2 adds in two and four piece set bonuses available for all specializations, adding in effects built around class mechanics when equipped. The Havoc effects are as follows:
- Havoc DH 2-Piece — Blade Dance and Chaos Strike damage is increased by 20% (includes Metamorphosis' versions Death Sweep and Annihilation).
- Havoc DH 4-Piece — Metamorphosis casts last for an additional 6 seconds, and every 60 Fury you spend reduces its cooldown by 1 second.
This can be obtained from bosses within the Sepulcher of the First Ones and the Great Vault. First and foremost you should aim to activate the four piece bonus, but the weakest piece are the Gloves, so if you have the choice this is the one to avoid. You can find more details on our Rotation page covering the impact of the bonuses for Havoc:
These pieces can also be accessed outside of the regular drop sources through the new Creation Catalyst system, which will become active roughly 8 weeks after the patch launches. This allows you to use resources gathered on Zereth Mortis to convert items that share slots with Tier pieces into Tier, enabling the set bonus requirements.
Recommended Dungeon Gear for Havoc Demon Hunter
This is a recommended set of gear available exclusively from Dungeon drops. This excludes open world drops because of how random it can sometimes be to acquire them, so these serve as items to slot in whenever you can. Trinkets are not listed, as they are covered in the dedicated section above.
Recommended Sepulcher of the First Ones Gear for Havoc Demon Hunter
This section contains the best gear to look for in the Sepulcher of the First Ones raid. It does not include anything from outside sources, so with some drops you have access to you might have better choices.
- 19 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 05 Nov. 2021: Shifted recommended Domination Shard set to Frost.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5 for Covenant Conduits and note on Frost Shards.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5 with a note regarding Valor.
- 21 Jan. 2021: Updated item levels for rewards, removed trinket recommendations due to Bloodmallet support.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands Season 1 release.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands launch.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- Shadowlands 9.2 Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Weeks 10 and 11
- Eyes of the Wolf Calia Menethil Quest in Patch 9.2.5
- Everything We Know About the Shrouded Affix in Shadowlands Season 4
- New Oribos Portals in Patch 9.2.5
- Patch 9.2.5 Build 43741: Achievement Changes
- Patch 9.2 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 17th
- Patch 9.2.5 PTR Development Notes: May 17th