Havoc Demon Hunter DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Havoc Demon Hunter. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
The Basics of Stats for Havoc Demon Hunter
- Critical Strike = Haste;
Note here that Mastery is significantly lower than the other options; if it can be avoided, it should be. Some talent builds offer a slightly better performance with it, but it never reaches the level of alternatives.
Havoc, in Battle for Azeroth, relies mostly on larger volumes of stats rather than specific ones, so in most cases (aside from specific slots) you will be favouring item level solely for the Agility and flat secondary gains. Ideally, to decide on specific gear, you should generate your own stat weight plot within SimulationCraft, as due to this the stats currently present on your gear can drastically alter which is the ideal choice.
No breakpoints or soft caps currently exist for Havoc, and stats remain relatively similar regardless of your gear state.
Gems, Enchants, and Consumables
The gems, enchants, and consumables you will use are directly derived from your stat priority and you can find our advice on this topic in our dedicated page.
Getting a Better Understanding
Agility is your primary statistic. You should look for it in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do.
Critical Strike increases the chance for your attacks and abilities to critically strike, dealing double damage.
Haste increases your auto attack speed, reduces the Global Cooldown recovery time down to a minimum of 0.750 seconds, and reduces the base cooldown of Blade Dance/ Death Sweep, Immolation Aura and Throw Glaive.
Mastery increases all Chaos damage you deal through Mastery: Demonic Presence, and also increases your passive movement speed.
Versatility provides a boost to damage dealt and reduction to damage taken.
- 13 Jan. 2020: Adjusted note to indicate more reliance on item level for Patch 8.3.
- 16 Jul. 2019: Confirmed information for Season 3 validity and parity with Easy Mode page.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Crucible of Storms release and no changes are necessary.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Big PvP Updates Coming to Shadowlands Beta
- Average Player Leveling in the Pre-patch and Shadowlands Will Take 8-10 Hours
- Shadowlands Beta 9.0.2 Build 35854: Class Changes Recap
- Player Solos All Alliance Faction Leaders
- Shadowlands Mythic Season 1 End-of-Run Rewards Capped Below Castle Nathria Heroic Item Level
- Shaman Class Changes in Shadowlands Beta 9.0.2 Build 35854
- Engineer's Workshop: The WoW Companion App and Multi-Expansion Support
- Fan-Made Shadowlands Login Screen