Havoc Demon Hunter DPS Stat Priority — Shadowlands 9.2
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Havoc Demon Hunter. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.2.
General Stat Priority
The general stat priority for a Havoc Demon Hunter is:
- Haste = Versatility;
- Critical Strike;
Agility is the ideal stat to stack and is worth significantly more than anything else, making item level the most important thing in most cases. After that, Haste and Versatility are very close and fluctuate depending on talents or encounter types and are the best alternatives. Critical Strike is slightly behind, and Mastery is firmly behind.
As we are late into the expansion the effects of secondary diminishing returns limits are more likely to kick in as well. After reaching 30% (from rating) of any given stat, you will start to receive a penalty that reduces the gain from more of the same stat over this threshold.
Ideally, to decide on specific gear, you should generate your own stat weight plot within SimulationCraft, as due to this the stats currently present on your gear can drastically alter which is the ideal choice.
Gems, Enchants, and Consumables
The gems, enchants, and consumables you will use are directly derived from your stat priority and you can find our advice on this topic in our dedicated page.
Getting a Better Understanding
Agility is your primary statistic. You should look for it in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do.
Critical Strike increases the chance for your attacks and abilities to critically strike, dealing double damage.
Haste increases your auto attack speed, reduces the Global Cooldown recovery time down to a minimum of 0.750 seconds, and reduces the base cooldown of Blade Dance/ Death Sweep, Immolation Aura, Glaive Tempest and Throw Glaive.
Mastery increases all Chaos damage you deal through Mastery: Demonic Presence, and also increases your passive movement speed.
Versatility provides a boost to damage dealt and reduction to damage taken.
- 19 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 05 Nov. 2021: Note regarding Frost Shard priorities.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5; small change to Mastery note.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands launch.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Malaysian Hospital Showing Mists of Pandaria Trailer on Repeat
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- Patch 9.2 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 13th
- Warcraft II Inside World of Warcraft (Arcade Tab Fan Concept)
- Shadowlands Season 4 Keystone Master Mount Color Changed on the 9.2.5 PTR
- Social Contract Now Available on the 9.2.5 PTR
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- Blood Elf and Dark Iron Dwarf Weapons No Longer Race Locked on the 9.2.5 PTR