Havoc Demon Hunter DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Havoc Demon Hunter. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
The Basics of Stats for Havoc Demon Hunter
- Critical Strike = Haste;
Note here that Mastery is significantly lower than the other options; if it can be avoided, it should be. Some talent builds offer a slightly better performance with it, but it never reaches the level of alternatives.
Havoc in Battle for Azeroth, much like most classes, heavily relies on primary stats, and this means item level is (as a very general rule) preferred on most gear. It also does not currently appear to have any fixed ratios to aim for between secondaries. Ideally, to decide on specific gear, you should generate your own stat weight plot within SimulationCraft, as due to this the stats currently present on your gear can drastically alter which is the ideal choice.
No breakpoints or soft caps currently exist for Havoc, and stats remain relatively similar regardless of your gear state.
Getting a Better Understanding
Agility is your primary statistic. You should look for it in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do.
Critical Strike increases the chance for your attacks and abilities to critically strike, dealing double damage.
Haste increases your auto attack speed, reduces the Global Cooldown recovery time down to a minimum of 0.750 seconds, and reduces the base cooldown of Blade Dance/ Death Sweep, Immolation Aura and Throw Glaive.
Mastery increases all Chaos damage you deal through Mastery: Demonic Presence, and also increases your passive movement speed.
Versatility provides a boost to damage dealt and reduction to damage taken.
- 16 Jul. 2019: Confirmed information for Season 3 validity and parity with Easy Mode page.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Crucible of Storms release and no changes are necessary.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Display Bug Showing Last Week's Honor
- Infinite HoA Trait Removed from 8.3, New Legendary Cloak Addition
- 8.3 Class Changes Update: Mistweaver, Holy Pala, Disc Priest
- Mythic+ Season 4 Item Level Changes (Official)
- 8.3 Pet Battle Changes Update
- Diablo 2 Remaster Unlikely - Code and Assets Were Lost According to Creators
- New Retail WoW Box for Starting Players
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- What’s the better PC?
- Fire Mage 8.2
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.2
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Holy Priest 8.2
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Very low HPS MW monk