Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.1)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Havoc Demon Hunter in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Havoc Demon Hunters in PvP
The stat priority for Havoc Demon Hunter in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Agility is the best stat in all situations. Haste is the strongest secondary stat at all times due decreasing the global cooldown on your abilities. You should also try to focus on getting Versatility. This will reduce the damage you take while increasing your overall damage.
In general, as a Havoc Demon Hunter, you want to get trinkets that increase your damage or survivability. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Versatility or Agility. The reason you want to increase both of these stats is because they both increases your overall damage output, and the Versatility will help you survive easier. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Havoc Demon Hunter.
- Head: Unchained Gladiator's Leather Mask
- Neck: Unchained Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Unchained Gladiator's Leather Spaulders
- Cloak: Unchained Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Unchained Gladiator's Leather Vest
- Wrists: Unchained Gladiator's Leather Wristwraps
- Hands: Gloves of Haunting Fixation
- Waist: Unchained Gladiator's Leather Strap
- Legs: Unchained Gladiator's Leather Breeches
- Feet: Unchained Gladiator's Leather Treads
- Ring 1: Unchained Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Stitchflesh's Misplaced Signet
- Weapon 1: Unchained Gladiator's Splitter
- Weapon 2: Unchained Gladiator's Warglaive
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Versatility boost that will increase your damage and healing.
Unchained Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health.
Unchained Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Unchained Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Unchained Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Some pieces of gear from the Sanctum of Domination raid have a Domination Gem socket. The Shards that can only go into these slots have various passive effects. To get more information on this gear and its sockets, read more here:
Something to note is that these Shards are nerfed by 50% in PvP. Although they do have powerful affects, they are not mandatory to be successful in PvP. With that said, if you do get the chance to use Shards of Domination, here are the best ones for Havoc Demon Hunter:
Best Frost Shard: Shard of Cor
Best Blood Shard: Shard of Jas
Best Unholy Shard: Shard of Dyz
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Havoc Demon Hunter:
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Eternal Agility
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Main Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
- Off Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Sinful Revelation
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Recommended Gear section.
- Added Shards of Domination section.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 17 Feb. 2021: Updated Best Weapons.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- New Efflorescence Animation in Patch 9.1.5
- New Timewalking Dungeons Available in Patch 9.1.5
- World First Shadowlands Mythic+ 28 Completed in Time!
- Patch 9.1 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: September 21st
- Big Love Rocket Renamed to X-45 Heartbreaker in Patch 9.1.5
- Patch 9.1.5 PTR Notes: September 21st
- Blizzard Replaced the Word "Blacklisted" with "Blocklisted" in Their Code
- Complete 5 Timewalking Dungeons for Item Level 226 Gear Piece