Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Havoc Demon Hunter in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Havoc Demon Hunters in PvP
The stat priority for Havoc Demon Hunter in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Agility is the best stat in all situations. Haste is the strongest secondary stat at all times due decreasing the global cooldown on your abilities. You should also try to focus on getting Versatility. This will reduce the damage you take while increasing your overall damage.
In general, as a Havoc Demon Hunter, you want to get trinkets that increase your damage or survivability. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Versatility or Agility. The reason you want to increase both of these stats is because they both increases your overall damage output, and the Versatility will help you survive easier. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Havoc Demon Hunter.
- Head: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Mask
- Neck: Cosmic Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Spaulders
- Cloak: Cosmic Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Vest
- Wrists: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Wristwraps
- Hands: Gloves of Haunting Fixation
- Waist: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Strap
- Legs: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Breeches
- Feet: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Treads
- Ring 1: Cosmic Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Stitchflesh's Misplaced Signet
- Weapon 1: Cosmic Gladiator's Splitter
- Weapon 2: Cosmic Gladiator's Warglaive
Tier Set Bonuses for Havoc Demon Hunters
Tier set pieces are obtained in PvP from the Great Vault and can eventually be created from other items in the same slot using the Creation Catalyst. Overall, both the Havoc DH 2-Piece and Havoc DH 4-Piece bonuses significantly increase your damage output and you should try to obtain them as soon as possible. Here are the best pieces to get for the set:
- Legs: Mercurial Punisher's Breeches;
- Chest: Mercurial Punisher's Jerkin;
- Hands: Mercurial Punisher's Grips;
- Shoulders: Mercurial Punisher's Shoulderpads.
For an in-depth analysis of the set bonuses visit here:
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Stamina and stat boost that will increase your survivability.
Cosmic Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health.
Cosmic Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Cosmic Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Cosmic Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Havoc Demon Hunter:
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Eternal Agility
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Main Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
- Off Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Sinful Revelation
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 26 Feb. 2021: Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Tier Set section.
- Removed Shards of Domination section.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Recommended Gear section.
- Added Shards of Domination section.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 17 Feb. 2021: Updated Best Weapons.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- Shadowlands 9.2 Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Weeks 10 and 11
- Eyes of the Wolf Calia Menethil Quest in Patch 9.2.5
- Everything We Know About the Shrouded Affix in Shadowlands Season 4
- New Oribos Portals in Patch 9.2.5
- Patch 9.2.5 Build 43741: Achievement Changes
- Patch 9.2 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 17th
- Patch 9.2.5 PTR Development Notes: May 17th