Holy Priest PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Dragonflight 10.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Holy Priest in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Holy Priest PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Holy Priests in PvP
The stat priority for Holy Priests in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the strongest secondary stat at all times due to it increasing the damage/healing you do and, at the same time, reducing the damage you take. Though, you want to be around 30% Versatility and not overcap it since it will start to diminish from there on. Mastery will increase your overall healing output from Mastery: Echo of Light. Haste is a good stat as it reduces your global cooldown, increases your cast and channel speed, and reduces the cooldown of important spells, such as Prayer of Mending.
Note that the Season 1 Tier set bonuses are all nerfed by 50% in PvP scenarios. You want to use PvP items as much as possible since they have increased item level in PvP combat. This is what your final gear should look like, including set pieces and crafted items :
- Head: Crest of Lunar Communion / Verdant Gladiator's Silk Guise
- Neck: Verdant Gladiator's Pendant
- Shoulders: Shoulderguardians of Lunar Communion / Verdant Gladiator's Silk Mantle
- Cloak: Verdant Gladiator's Shawl
- Chest: Vibrant Wildercloth Vestments Embellishment 1 Blue Silken Lining
- Wrists: Verdant Gladiator's Silk Armbands
- Hands: Touch of Lunar Communion / Verdant Gladiator's Silk Gloves
- Waist: Vibrant Wildercloth Girdle Embellishment 2 Precognition
- Legs: Leggings of Lunar Communion / Verdant Gladiator's Silk Leggings
- Feet: Verdant Gladiator's Silk Treads
- Ring 1: Signet of Titanic Insight / Shadowflame Crafted with Versatility and Mastery on it
- Ring 2: Verdant Gladiator's Signet
- Weapon 1: Verdant Gladiator's Scepter.
- Weapon 2: Scalewarden's Flame.
Note: it is essential to wear two PvP trinkets. This will greatly increase your Agility and Stamina.
Verdant Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will use this trinket if you are stunned and will die in this stun, or on any form of CC if one of your teammates will die and you can save them.
Verdant Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you are the target. The significant health increase will often save your life if you use it when the enemy team is bursting you down.
Verdant Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity is a good sustained damage and healing trinket. It will randomly give you a main stat buff. It is usually a good default pick when you don't need the Emblem to survive.
Holy Priest Tier Set
As noted above, acquiring both your 2-set and 4-set bonus is crucial. It is also important to note that ALL tier sets are nerfed by 50% in PvP. Although this nerf is significant, tier sets are still important to acquire to maximize your chances of winning. For Holy Priest, this is your tier set:
- Priest Holy 10.2 Class Set 2pc — Holy Word: Serenity applies 14 sec of Renew to its target. Holy Word: Sanctify applies 5 sec of Renew to allies, it heals.
- Priest Holy 10.2 Class Set 4pc — Renew's healing has a chance to cause your next Holy Word: Sanctify or Holy Word: Serenity to not consume a charge when cast and cost 50% less Mana, accumulating up to 2 charges.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Holy Priest:
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Homebound Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Reserve of Intellect
- Wrists: Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Speed
- Waist: Shadowed Belt Clasp
- Legs: Temporal Spellthread
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Plainsrunner's Breeze
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Devotion of Versatility
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Sophic Devotion
One of your gems should be Skillful Illimited Diamond, and all your remaining gems should be Zen Neltharite.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2.
- Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Tier Set section.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5
- 09 May 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 12 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight S1.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 01 Mar. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Tier-Set section.
- Removed Shards of Domination section.
- 26 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Shards of Domination section.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 09 Dec. 2020: Updated Stat Priority.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 30 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 15 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (9.0.1)
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)