Holy Priest PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / Patch 9.1)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Holy Priest in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Holy Priest PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Holy Priests in PvP
The stat priority for Holy Priests in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the strongest secondary stat at all times due to it increasing the damage/healing you do and at the same time reduce the damage you take. Mastery is your next best stat, as this will increase your overall healing output from Mastery: Echo of Light.
In general, Holy Priests do not have a specific cooldown that you need trinkets to line up with. As a result, your trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Intellect. The reason you want to increase Intellect is because it drastically increases your overall healing output. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Holy Priest.
- Head: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Guise
- Neck: Unchained Gladiator's Amulet
- Shoulders: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Amice
- Cloak: Unchained Gladiator's Shawl
- Chest: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Robe
- Wrists: Essence Surge Binders
- Hands: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Handwraps
- Waist: Sash of Exquisite Acquisitions
- Legs: Courtier's Costume Trousers
- Feet: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Treads
- Ring 1: Unchained Gladiator's Signet
- Ring 2: Hyperlight Band
- Weapon: Unchained Gladiator's Ritual Dagger
- Off-hand: Unchained Gladiator's Chalice
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Versatility boost that will increase your damage and healing.
Unchained Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health. Note, if you play a Human and are playing against a team with only stuns, Unchained Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option.
Unchained Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Unchained Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Unchained Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Shards of Domination
Some pieces of gear from the Sanctum of Domination raid have a Domination Gem socket. The Shards that can only go into these slots have various passive effects. To get more information on this gear and its sockets, read more here:
Something to note is that these Shards are nerfed by 50% in PvP. Although they do have powerful affects, they are not mandatory to be successful in PvP. With that said, if you do get the chance to use Shards of Domination, here are the best ones for Holy Priests:
Best Frost Shard: Shard of Kyr
Best Blood Shard: Shard of Jas
Best Unholy Shard: Shard of Zed
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants for a Holy Priest:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Bounds
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Shards of Domination section.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 09 Dec. 2020: Updated Stat Priority.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 30 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 15 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (9.0.1)
- A New Tradition: Celebrate a Change of Seasons With a Tree Gathering
- Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290 Class Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: September 23rd
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Patch 9.1.5 PTR Notes: September 23rd
- Shadowlands 9.1 Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 11
- Rogue Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)
- Priest Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)