Holy Priest PvP Best Arena Compositions (Dragonflight 10.2)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Holy Priest (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Holy Priest PvP Guide.
As a Holy Priest in 2v2, you want to play as aggressively and proactive as possible to close out the game victorious. That will allow you keeping the pressure on your team high and will give you even more globals to deal damage or purge the enemy, as you will not need to hardcast heals. Try to synchronize your Crowd Control with your partner. If you play with a Rogue and he uses Kidney Shot on the enemy dps; try to aim for a Holy Word: Chastise on the enemy healer, followed by a Psychic Scream. While doing that, contribute to doing damage to the enemy dps to secure a kill. As a Priest, your mobility is not the greatest, so watch out for your positioning and try to mitigate Crowd Control whenever you can. Also, you need to pay attention to the enemy cooldowns since you have to react properly with your own cooldowns to save you or your teammate. Lastly, try to fake or bait interrupts. Since Holy has two different castable schools of magic, you can bait kicks by casting Mind Control or Mindgames. You can also fake your holy casts in a more traditional way by just canceling your cast.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Holy Priest + Survival Hunter;
- Holy Priest + Subtlety Rogue;
- Holy Priest + Feral Druid.
- Holy Priest + Demonology Warlock;
The core concept for Holy Priest in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena. The main difference is that there is way more damage coming in, which forces you to play a bit more defensively. You will have fewer globals to use aggressively because the main priority is to simply not let your team die. Then, whenever the game allows, try to purge as much as possible. Try to weave in Holy Fire and Smite to reduce the cooldown of your Holy Words and to establish more pressure for your team. Do not hesitate to use your defensive cooldowns whenever the enemy team uses their offensive cooldowns. Positioning becomes even more important than in 2v2 arena because now you have to deal with an additional enemy target. Try to go for coordinated Crowd Control setups on the enemy team to generate pressure.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- RMP (Holy Priest + Subtlety Rogue + Frost Mage);
- Jungle (Holy Priest + Survival Hunter + Feral Druid);
- MLP (Holy Priest + Demonology Warlock + Frost Mage);
- Thug Cleave (Holy Priest + Subtlety Rogue + Survival Hunter);
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5
- 09 May 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 12 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight S1.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 01 Mar. 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.
- 26 Nov. 2021: Updated best 3v3 compositions.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 15 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (9.0.1)
- Liquid World 2nd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and Amirdrassil 9/9
- Fyr'alath Legendary Axe Revealed After Mythic Fyrakk Kill
- Echo Claim the Fyrakk Mythic World First and Win the Amirdrassil RWF!
- Liquid Grab Their Own 1% Wipe, 0.09% Better Than Echo's!
- Insane 1% Wipe From Echo on Fyrakk
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 3 Week 2
- Mythic+ Affix Rotation for Dragonflight Season 3
- New Explorer's Cosmetic Weapons Coming in Patch 10.2.5