Holy Priest PvP Best Arena Compositions (Shadowlands / Patch 9.0.2)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Holy Priest (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Holy Priest PvP Guide.
In 2v2 Arena, you will likely have a long game. Holy Priests do not have much damage to provide for their team. Use Smite to help with damage. If you are playing against a team with a Purge effect, do not put Holy Ward on yourself before the match starts. Instead, use Holy Ward right before an enemy tries to crowd control you. You can also use Greater Fade to avoid crowd control or damage. It is important to note that Holy Priests, just like Discipline Priests, have a few spells that have multiple schools of casting. If you use Mind Control and get interrupted, you can still cast all of your Holy spells.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Holy Priest + Destruction Warlock;
- Holy Priest + Fire Mage;
- Holy Priest + Windwalker Monk;
- Holy Priest + Assassination Rogue.
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena. Make sure to use Prayer of Mending as soon as it is off cooldown. This will help with stopping your team from taking heavy spread damage. Make sure to maintain Renew on all of your teammates. You have a ranged crowd control in the form of Holy Word: Chastise. Use this ability if one of your teammates needs to land crowd control on the enemy healer. Taking advantage of Mind Control is crucial to being successful in 3v3 as a Holy Priest. If the enemy team is using their burst rotation, use Mind Control. If you get interrupted it is okay because you can still cast the rest of your Holy spells.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- Holy Priest + Elemental Shaman + Frost Mage;
- Holy Priest + Destruction Warlock + Elemental Shaman;
- RMP (Holy Priest + Assassination Rogue + Frost Mage);
- Holy Priest + Assassination Rogue + Elemental Shaman;
- 15 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (9.0.1)
- Shattered Helm of Domination Arrives to Collector
- Rogue Update in Patch 9.0.5
- Will Patch 9.0.5 Release on March 16?
- Undocumented Windwalker Monk Changes in Patch 9.0.5
- Castle Nathria Alliance Hall of Fame Complete, Cross-Realm Mythic Enabled Soon
- Night Fae Blood DK Finishes Keystone Master on Controller in PUGs
- World Boss for the Week of March 2nd - Mortanis
- EU Server Issues: No Servers Currently Available (March 2nd)