Holy Priest Healing Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Holy Priest in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Healer Priest gear and best in slot.
Corrupted Gear for Holy Priests
For information on Corruption and corrupted gear, please visit our Corrupted items page.
Detail on the best corruption effects on items can be found on the Holy Priest Corruption page
Trinkets for Holy Priests
The following is a ranking of trinkets, aimed at use in a raid environment. These rankings are formulated with all trinkets at the same item level. Due to how close in value most trinkets in each tier are, generally it is the higher item level that will decide which one is optimal.
Can't see a trinket in the list below? You can view more detailed trinket rankings on the Holy Priest Spreadsheet on the Trinket Ranks tab. This list also includes the lower-item level trinkets from earlier in the expansion including World Quest, World Boss and previous raid tier trinkets.
The ranking system is as follows.
- S Tier: the strongest and most generally useful trinkets; these are always good choices.
- A Tier: these trinkets are either slightly weaker than the S Tier traits, but are still solid choices.
- B Tier: a below-average trinket that should be picked only in the absence of an S or A Tier trinket.
- C Tier: a weak trinket that provides very little healing output or other utility and should be avoided if possible.
- Forbidden Obsidian Claw (Maut, Ny'alotha)
- Deferred Sentence (The Queen's Court, The Eternal Palace)
- Azshara's Font of Power (Queen Azshara, The Eternal Palace)
- Luminous Jellyweed (Blackwater Behemoth, The Eternal Palace)
- Dinobone Charm (World Quest)
- Peerless Alchemist Stone (Alchemy)
- Conch of Dark Whispers (Vol'zith the Whisperer, Shrine of the Storm)
- Pocket-Sized Computation Device (Mechagon Zone) — See below for details
Pocket-Sized Computation Device is rated in the S-Tier when used with the Cyclotronic Blast Red punch card and the highest and most relevant stat Yellow punch card available to you. The reasoning behind this is the significant amount of added damage Cyclotronic Blast adds when used on cooldown on bosses.
- Humming Black Dragonscale (Wrathion, the Black Emperor, Ny'alotha)
- Oozing Coagulum (Il'gynoth, Corruption Reborn, Ny'alotha)
- Zoatroid Egg Sac (Orgozoa, The Eternal Palace)
- Za'qul's Portal Key (Za'qul, The Eternal Palace)
- Gilded Loa Figurine (World Quest)
- Dread Gladiator's Insignia (PvP)
- Incessantly Ticking Clock (World Quest)
- Moonstone of Zin-Azshari (World Quest)
- Pearl Diver's Compass (World Quest)
- First Mate's Spyglass (World Quest)
- Emblem of Zandalar (World Quest)
- Dread Gladiator's Medallion (PvP)
- Manifesto of Madness (N'Zoth the Corruptor, Ny'alotha)
- Void-Twisted Titanshard (Ra-den the Despoiled, Ny'alotha)
- Fangs of Intertwined Essence (Avatar of Sethraliss, Temple of Sethraliss)
- Leyshock's Grand Compilation (World Drop)
- Lady Waycrest's Music Box (Lord and Lady Waycrest, Waycrest Manor)
- Revitalizing Voodoo Totem (Vol'kaal, Atal'Dazar)
- Ignition Mage's Fuse (Knight Captain Valyri, Tol Dagor)
- Vita-Charged Titanshard (Ra-den the Despoiled, Ny'alotha)
- Shockbiter's Fang (Wekemara, World Boss)
- Plunderbeard's Flask (World Quest)
- Balefire Branch (Soulbound Goliath, Waycrest Manor)
- Dread Gladiator's Badge (PvP)
- Dread Gladiator's Emblem (PvP)
- Endless Tincture of Fractional Power (Alchemy)
- Highborne Compendium of Swirling Tides (Inscription)
- Darkmoon Deck: Tides (Inscription)
Of the Benthic gear available to healers, none of the bonus effects are particularly strong. It is suggested that you focus your upgrades on improving your item level in low item level slots, and on your Benthic items with sockets and/or Leech. Both sockets and Leech add significant value to the item slot, usually 5-10 item levels or more each.
Best in Slot List for Holy Priests in Ny'alotha
Due to the introduction of Mythic+ providing high item-level gear, and Titanforging on both Mythic+ and raid gear, Best in Slot lists are now a thing of the past.
The following list is provided to guide you on the most ideal items in each slot you can obtain from Ny'alotha and help make you aware of the potential loot available.
The trinket selections are present to give you an aim within the raid, a full list of trinket rankings can be found further up on this page.
Initially you should be using your bonus rolls on the bosses that drop Weapons, Azerite items and desired trinkets. Once you have obtained those items, start using them to fill in the rest of the slots you can obtain item-level upgrades in.
|Helm||Cowl of Unspeakable Horrors||Il'gynoth, Corruption Reborn in Ny'alotha|
|Shoulders||Void Ascendant's Mantle||Vexiona in Ny'alotha|
|Cloak||Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve||Obtained from the Legendary Cloak quest line and upgraded from Horrific Visions|
|Chest||Robes of Unreality||The Prophet Skitra in Ny'alotha|
|Wrists||Cuffs of Grim Conjuration||Il'gynoth, Corruption Reborn in Ny'alotha|
|Gloves||Grips of Occult Reminiscence||Shad'har the Insatiable in Ny'alotha|
|Belt||Mana-Infused Sash||Maut in Ny'alotha|
|Legs||Corporeal Supplicant's Trousers||Carapace of N'Zoth in Ny'alotha|
|Boots||Psychic's Subtle Slippers||The Prophet Skitra in Ny'alotha|
|Ring #1||Ichorspine Loop||Drest'agath in Ny'alotha|
|Ring #2||Void-Etched Band||Shad'har the Insatiable in Ny'alotha|
|Trinket #1||Forbidden Obsidian Claw||Maut in Ny'alotha|
|Trinket #2||Oozing Coagulum||Il'gynoth, Corruption Reborn in Ny'alotha|
|Weapon||Shandai, Watcher of Cosmos||Ra-den the Despoiled in Ny'alotha|
- 02 May 2020: Fixed a typo in the Ny'alotha BiS list.
- 16 Apr. 2020: Split corruption gear discussion to a separate page.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Updated for the Ny'alotha raid items.
- 28 Jul. 2019: Updated trinket info including Punch Card suggestions.
- 11 Jul. 2019: Added latest trinket info for The Eternal Palace and Mechagon trinkets.
- 09 Jul. 2019: Updated for The Eternal Palace and Benthic gear.
- 24 Jun. 2019: Added new 8.2 Inscription trinket.
- 15 Apr. 2019: Added information on the special items from the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 12 Mar. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1.5 and no changes are necessary.
- 25 Feb. 2019: Updated trinket rankings.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Battle of Dazar'alor.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 25 Sep. 2018: Updated trinket rankings.
- 26 Aug. 2018: Made various substantial updates to the page.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Fan-Requested Pairing Made Reality in Shadows Rising
- Even Faster BWL Speed Clear: New Rank 1 with Over 20 Seconds Shaved Off
- 100% of All Plate Acomplished: DesMephisto's Quest Is Complete!
- All Legendary Powers Added So Far on Shadowlands Alpha
- Reputation Gains Increased By 60% This Week
- A Massive Pre-expansion Event? Beta? What Can We Expect from the Shadowlands Reveal Event?
- Cataclysm Timewalking (July 7th - July 14th)
- Death Knights & Demon Hunters Start At Level 8/10 in Shadowlands