Holy Priest Healing Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Holy Priest in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.2.5.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Holy Priest gear and best in slot.
Best in Slot for Holy Priest
Due to the wide variety of gear providing secondary stats that are all very close in value for us, and augments such as sockets or tertiary stats, there is no certain Best in Slot list. This page aims to guide you towards the best possible items, particularly in the Weapon and Trinket slots.
There are a few items you will want to prioritise above all others. These are listed below and should be considered best in their specific slot.
|Ring||Soulwarped Seal of Wrynn||Anduin Wrynn in Sepulcher of the First Ones (or Puzzling Cartel Dinar)|
|Weapon||Maledict Opus||Kel'Thuzad in Sanctum of Domination (or Puzzling Cartel Dinar)|
|Trinket 1||Cabalist's Hymnal||Sire Denathrius in Castle Nathria (or Puzzling Cartel Dinar)|
|Trinket 2||Shadowed Orb of Torment||Remnant of Ner'zhul in Sanctum of Domination (or Puzzling Cartel Dinar)|
|Cloak||Drape of Shame||Lower Karazhan Mythic+ dungeon|
For regular item slots that are not used by tier, a legendary or trinket/weapon effects, you will want to focus on item level, while keeping the following in mind:
- Socket — Around 10 item levels.
- Leech — Around 15 item levels. **
- Avoidance — Around 5 item levels. ***
** Note: The value of leech drops off the more you get. It's quite valuable up until you reach 4-5 items with it, then the value can drop off quite significantly. Focus on prioritising item level if you reach this much leech from your gear.
*** Note: The value of avoidance depends heavily on the encounter. It is often much more valuable in Mythic+ as it can save you from many abilities that deal a large amount of damage. In raid it varies from encounter to encounter and the value of it could range from 0 item levels up to 10.
To learn more about stats and how they affect your gearing, check out the Holy Priest Stats page linked below.
Puzzling Cartel Dinars usage for Holy Priest
Throughout the Season 4 Fated Raids raids you will acquire a maximum of 3 Puzzling Cartel Dinar through killing 30, 40, and 50 total unique bosses on any difficulty. You can use your Dinars to purchase Weapons, Off-Hands and Trinkets that drop from any of the 3 Fated raids, from vendors near the Great Vault in Oribos. They can also be used to purchase the Anduin Wrynn ring, Soulwarped Seal of Wrynn.
Because you can only ever obtain 3 Dinars on one character, you should be cautious about where you spend your Dinars so that they suit your goals for the season.
Your priority for Holy Priest will depend a bit on which bosses you have quick access to, and how difficult the optimal loot is going to be to obtain. For example if you in a guild that expecting to clear up to Remnant of Ner'zhul in Sanctum of Domination quickly, you can prioritise another item over spending a Puzzling Cartel Dinar on Shadowed Orb of Torment and simply wait for it to drop.
With the above in mind, below is roughly how you should be spending your Dinar:
- Soulwarped Seal of Wrynn if you do not have a Heroic/Mythic version from Season 3.
- Maledict Opus
- Cabalist's Hymnal
- Soulwarped Seal of Wrynn regardless of which Season 3 version you have
- Shadowed Orb of Torment
You can also obtain a second currency, Confounding Cypher, which can be used to upgrade existing Fated items to a higher quality, up to Mythic raid item level.
Trinkets for Holy Priests
The following is a ranking of trinkets, aimed at use in a raid environment. These rankings are formulated with all trinkets at the same item level. Due to how close in value most trinkets in each tier are, generally it is the higher item level that will decide which one is optimal.
The trinkets you will want to focus on, enhance your performance by increasing your stats. You will typically want to avoid trinkets which provide a healing or shielding effect as they do not scale as well as the stat trinkets. If you are not great at using "on-use" trinkets, feel free to opt for a more passive option that is easier to use, as you will likely get much more benefit from it.
- S Tier: Shadowed Orb of Torment and Cabalist's Hymnal and both extremely strong raid trinkets. **
- A Tier: The remaining stat trinkets Titanic Ocular Gland, Elegy of the Eternals and So'leah's Secret Technique are much stronger than trinkets with healing/absorb effects. All 3 are a great alternative to Shadowed Orb of Torment if you prefer not to use an on-use trinket.
- B Tier: The First Sigil provides a solid bonus, but as Holy Priest is not a big burst healer, isn't as valuable as regular stats. First Class Healing Distributor and Resonant Silver Bell both provide a steady healing increase but only consider using these if they're significantly higher item level than your other options.
- C Tier: The remaining "on-use" trinkets with healing and absorb effects like Lingering Sunmote, Siphoning Phylactery Shard and The Lion's Roar are all poor choices.
- D Tier: Anything else not mentioned above should be avoided unless you have no alternatives.
** Note: If your focus is primarily Mythic+, picking up Resonant Reservoir instead of the Shadowed Orb of Torment to have a damage trinket is an option. You can then run it alongside Cabalist's Hymnal.
Legendaries for Holy Priest
Holy Priest primarily uses Flash Concentration in Raid and Mythic+. There are a few alternatives that can be used. Check out our dedicated Legendary page to help you choose which ones to craft and wear.
Tier Set for Holy Priests
Introduced in Patch 9.2 are tier items, with 2-set and 4-set bonuses.
- 2-set Holy Priest 2-Piece — Your Holy Words begin Divine Conversation, increasing the cooldown reduction of your next Holy-Word-affecting spell by 15 sec.
- 4-set Holy Priest 4-Piece — Divine Conversation increases the effectiveness of your next Holy-Word-affecting spell by 60%.
Tier tokens will only drop in Sepulcher of the First Ones, however you can continue to use the Creation Catalyst to upgrade any Season 4 items into Tier.
The tier set does alter how you play, with an emphasis around which spells you use to consume Divine Conversation to maximise both the extra healing they do, but also the additional cooldown reduction they provide to their associated Holy Word. The Holy Priest Rotation page has detailed information on the best ways to utilise the Divine Conversation buff.
Valor upgrades for Holy Priest
You are able to upgrade gear obtained from Mythic+ with Valor points. We recommend starting with trinkets and weapons where possible, otherwise target your lowest item level items first when upgrading. You can learn more about this system on the dedicated Valor page.
- 31 Jul. 2022: Page reviewed for Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 21 Mar. 2022: Updated trinket recommendations and fixed Sepulcher gear suggestions.
- 22 Feb. 2022: Updated with Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 23 Aug. 2021: Updated trinket and gear rankings; added some missing trinkets.
- 07 Jul. 2021: Updated trinket recommendations due to hotfixes.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated trinket recommendations.
- 29 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated trinket rankings; added some missing trinkets.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Updated trinket recommendations, including Dungeon and crafted trinkets.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Added Castle Nathria BiS list & Trinkets.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Things to Do Before Dragonflight
- Warlock Changes in Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Great Vault Added to the Map of Valdrakken
- Rogue Changes in Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Patch 9.2.7 Hotfixes: October 3rd
- Priest Changes Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Warrior Gladiator and Elite PvP Sets in Dragonflight
- Shadowlands Season 4 Fated Raid Mythic DPS Log Rankings, Week 9: Sepulcher