Holy Priest Healing Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Holy Priest in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. Trinkets for Holy Priests
The following is a ranking of trinkets, aimed at use in a raid environment. These rankings are formulated with all trinkets at the same item level. Due to how close in value most trinkets in each tier are, generally it is the higher item level that will decide which one is optimal.
You can view more detailed trinket rankings on the Holy Priest Spreadsheet on the Trinket Ranks tab.
The ranking system is as follows.
- S Tier: the strongest and most generally useful trinkets; these are always good choices.
- A Tier: these trinkets are either slightly weaker than the S Tier traits, but are still solid choices.
- B Tier: a below-average trinket that should be picked only in the absence of an S or A Tier trinket.
- C Tier: a weak trinket that provides very little healing output or other utility and should be avoided if possible.
Any trinket not listed in one of the above tiers provides no increase in healing output, or significant utility, though some may increase damage dealt.
1.1. S Tier
- Dinobone Charm (World Quest)
- Drust-Runed Icicle (Hailstone Construct, World Boss)
- Eternal Alchemist Stone (Alchemy)
- Void Stone (Uu'nat, Crucible of Storms)
- Incandescent Sliver (Opulence, Battle of Dazar'alor)
- Galewind Chimes (World Quest)
- Conch of Dark Whispers (Vol'zith the Whisperer, Shrine of the Storm)
1.2. A Tier
- Gilded Loa Figurine (World Quest)
- Dread Gladiator's Insignia (PvP)
- Twitching Tentacle of Xalzaix (Mythrax)
- Incessantly Ticking Clock (World Quest)
- Moonstone of Zin-Azshari (World Quest)
- Doom's Hatred (The Lion's Roar, Horde only World Boss)
- Lion's Grace (Doom's Howl, Alliance only World Boss)
- Ward of Envelopment (Champion of the Light, Battle of Dazar'alor)
- Pearl Diver's Compass (World Quest)
- T'zane's Barkspines (T'zane, World Boss)
- First Mate's Spyglass (World Quest)
- Mirror of Entwined Fate (King Rastakhan, Battle of Dazar'alor)
- Emblem of Zandalar (World Quest)
- Dread Gladiator's Medallion (PvP)
1.3. B Tier
- Inoculating Extract (Vectis)
- Crest of Pa'ku (Conclave of the Chosen, Battle of Dazar'alor)
- Fangs of Intertwined Essence (Avatar of Sethraliss, Temple of Sethraliss)
- Azurethos' Singed Plumage (Azurethos, The Winged Typhoon, World Boss)
- Leyshock's Grand Compilation (World Drop)
- Lady Waycrest's Music Box (Lord and Lady Waycrest, Waycrest Manor)
- Revitalizing Voodoo Totem (Vol'kaal, Atal'Dazar)
- Ignition Mage's Fuse (Knight Captain Valyri, Tol Dagor)
1.4. C Tier
- Ancient Knot of Wisdom (Ivus the Decayed, World Boss)
- Plunderbeard's Flask (World Quest)
- Balefire Branch (Soulbound Goliath, Waycrest Manor)
- Dread Gladiator's Badge (PvP)
- Dread Gladiator's Emblem (PvP)
- Endless Tincture of Fractional Power (Alchemy)
- Darkmoon Deck: Tides (Inscription)
2. Best in Slot List for Holy Priests in Crucible of Storms
Due to the introduction of Mythic+ providing high item-level gear, and Titanforging on both Mythic+ and raid gear, Best in Slot lists are now a thing of the past.
Initially, you should be using your bonus rolls on the bosses that drop Weapons, Azerite items, and desired trinkets. Once you have obtained those items, start using them to fill in the rest of the slots you can obtain item-level upgrades in.
Several new items were added in Crucible of Storms with special effects on them, instead of or in addition to the usual secondary stats. Each of these items works out to be worth around the same as a regular item with just secondary stats of the same item-level, with the slight variance based on how well you use the unique effect on the Crucible of Storms items.
- Fathom Dredgers grants you a shield absorbing some incoming damage for 8 seconds for every 10,000 Mana you spend. This effect provides reliable healing, presuming you are taking enough damage to use up the absorb shield each time it is applied.
- Pillar of the Drowned Cabal places a ward on a friendly target for 1.5 minutes, which is consumed upon them taking a large single hit, healing the target. This heal is slightly more than the damage taken to trigger it, providing good value so long as it is used regularly. Taking this amount of damage in a single hit should not be an issue on most fights.
- Malformed Herald's Legwraps creates a fissure below you for 12 seconds that grants Haste while standing in it, moving out of the fissure causes it to explode and damage you. This effect provides less benefit than the missing secondaries, making this the least desirable item for Holy Priest.
- Void Stone places a buff on a friendly target that will absorb a large amount of damage or healing received for the next 12 seconds. This trinket has great potential, but could be difficult to time well in some circumstances so that the majority of the absorb is incoming damage.
- Zaxasj's Deepstriders increases your Speed by 200 for every 20% health you are missing, up to 600 speed. Because these boots almost have the full secondary stat allocation, the movement speed is mostly a bonus, but may often be wasted.
3. Best in Slot List for Holy Priests in Battle of Dazar'alor
The following list is provided to guide you on the most ideal items in each slot you can obtain from Battle of Dazar'alor and help make you aware of the potential loot available.
The trinket selections are present to give you an aim within the raid, a full list of trinket rankings can be found further up on this page.
Initially you should be using your bonus rolls on the bosses that drop Weapons, Azerite items and desired trinkets. Once you have obtained those items, start using them to fill in the rest of the slots you can obtain item-level upgrades in.
|Helm||Blazewing Hood||Jadefire Masters (coin)|
|Shoulders||Giga-Charged Shoulderpads||High Tinker Mekkatorque (coin)|
|Cloak||High Tinker's Cape||High Tinker Mekkatorque (coin)|
|Chest||Vestments of the Afterlife||King Rastakhan (coin)|
|Wrists||Lever Stabilizing Wristwraps||High Tinker Mekkatorque (coin)|
|Gloves||Firecaller's Handwraps||Jadefire Masters (coin)|
|Belt||Waistcord of Flowing Silk||Opulence|
|Legs||Leggings of Dire Research||Grong|
|Boots||Lightfeather Footpads||Conclave of the Chosen|
|Ring #1||Band of Multi-Sided Strikes||Jadefire Masters (coin)|
|Ring #2||Lord Admiral's Signet||Lady Jaina Proudmoore|
|Trinket #1||Incandescent Sliver||Opulence|
|Trinket #2||Ward of Envelopment||Champion of the Light|
|Weapon||Phoenixfire Staff||Jadefire Masters (coin)|
- 15 Apr. 2019: Added information on the special items from the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 12 Mar. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1.5 and no changes are necessary.
- 25 Feb. 2019: Updated trinket rankings.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Battle of Dazar'alor.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 25 Sep. 2018: Updated trinket rankings.
- 26 Aug. 2018: Made various substantial updates to the page.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Warsong Gulch & Honor System Testing on Classic Beta
- Blizzard's Looking for Essences Feedback
- How to Play World of Warcraft With a Controller
- N'zoth Whispers on Live Servers
- Conflict and Strife Essence Power Clarification
- Second Classic Stress Test Coming on May 29th
- WoW Classic Addons: TukUI
- Patch 8.2: Conflict and Strife PvP Essence
- Shadow Priest PvP 8.1.5
- Destruction Warlock 8.1.5
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Mistweaver Monk 8.1.5
- Paladin Leveling Guide
- Protection Paladin 8.1.5
- Elemental Shaman 8.1.5
- Balance Druid 8.1.5