Holy Priest Healing Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.1
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Holy Priest in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.1.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Holy Priest gear and best in slot.
Legendaries for Holy Priest
Holy Priest primarily uses Flash Concentration in Raid and Mythic+. There are a few alternatives that can be used. Check out our dedicated Legendary page to help you choose which ones to craft and wear.
Trinkets for Holy Priests
The following is a ranking of trinkets, aimed at use in a raid environment. These rankings are formulated with all trinkets at the same item level. Due to how close in value most trinkets in each tier are, generally it is the higher item level that will decide which one is optimal.
The trinkets from Sanctum of Domination are fairly underwhelming and trinkets from other sources should be considered if available to you at a similar or higher item level. Unbound Changeling from Ingra Maloch in Mists of Tirna Scithe and Titanic Ocular Gland from The Eye of the Jailer deserve honorable mentions as hassle-free solid healing increases.
S Tier: the strongest and most generally useful trinkets; these are always good choices.
- Soulletting Ruby from Kul'tharok in Theater of Pain — The only downside to this Intellect and Critical Strike heavy trinket is the travel time of the soul, which can feel like an eternity if your target is a long distance from you. Once it reaches you though, you are provided a strong Critical Strike effect, especially if you can find a low-health enemy to use it on.
- Unbound Changeling from Ingra Maloch in Mists of Tirna Scithe — Another base Intellect trinket with a Haste effect, this is an all-around solid trinket with a pretty reliable proc that will provide good value over the course of the encounter. You can change this effect from Haste to Critical Strike or Mastery by eating the appropriate Shadowlands stat food.
- Titanic Ocular Gland — While this trinket is not quite as good as the other two options, it is readily available from a fairly early boss in the Sanctum of Domination instance, making it a really solid option for early progress.
A Tier: these trinkets are slightly weaker than the S Tier trinkets, but are still solid choices.
- Cabalist's Hymnal from Sire Denathrius in Castle Nathria — Very easy to use trinket with base Intellect and a reliable Critical Strike proc. This will last you a long while into SoD depending on your trinket luck.
- Inscrutable Quantum Device from Dealer Xye'xa in De Other Side is a unique trinket that changes its effect depending on the situation around you. The value of this trinket can range from really good to average depending on the situation.
- Resonant Silver Bell from Kel'Thuzad in Sanctum of Domination — One of the best and most reliable trinkets out of the Sanctum of Domination raid, despite having a fairly weak healing effect.
- Shadowed Orb of Torment from Remnant of Ner'zhul in Sanctum of Domination — The damage portion of this trinket makes it awkward to use as a Holy Priest as typically large amounts of raid damage are where you really want the additional Mastery, and using this trinket before that can potentially kill you.
- Unchained Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity is a PvP trinket with an on-use effect granting a large amount of Intellect. This trinket should be used during periods of high healing where possible.
- Unchained Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity is a PvP trinket with a passive Intellect proc and high base Haste. This is a great option if you don't want the hassle of an on-use trinket.
B Tier: a below-average trinket that should be picked only in the absence of an S or A Tier trinket.
- Carved Ivory Keepsake from Fatescribe Roh-Kalo in Sanctum of Domination — A reliable and easy to use trinket with very little overheal.
- First Class Healing Distributor from Mailroom Mayhem in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market — The mixture of healing and bonus Haste from this trinket effect is quite strong for its item level and is a great passive healing increase.
- Spiritual Alchemy Stone from Alchemy and upgraded to 230 through Crafter's Mark of the Chained Isle — A very solid Versatility, Intellect and Mana bonus that is a good choice for its item level.
- Manabound Mirror from Sire Denathrius in Castle Nathria — With the Mirror being very easy to fill up with healing, due to the rate we consume Mana, this trinket provides a very solid single-target heal on a medium-length cooldown.
- Siphoning Phylactery Shard from Nalthor the Rimebinder in The Necrotic Wake — A very easy to use effect which is off the global cooldown and persists for a long duration making it simple to get full value from the additional healing. An S-Tier trinket if it was not out-scaled by some of the superior stat effect trinkets, or targeted healing effects.
C Tier: a weak trinket that provides very little healing output or other utility and should be avoided if possible.
- Boon of the Archon
- Lingering Sunmote
- Darkmoon Deck: Repose
- Overflowing Anima Cage
- Scrawled Word of Recall
- Sunblood Amethyst
- Tome of Insight
- Vial of Spectral Essence
- World Quest trinkets
Entry Level Trinkets
If you are just starting to gear up, Spiritual Alchemy Stone can be created at 230 item level and is an exceptional entry-level trinket for both raiding and Mythic+ if you're an alchemist. Tome of Insight from Korthia world quest and event rewards is also a decent entry-level trinket and is fairly easy to obtain. Good starter trinkets from dungeons include First Class Healing Distributor from Mailroom Mayhem in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market, Unbound Changeling from Ingra Maloch in Mists of Tirna Scithe, and Soulletting Ruby from Kul'tharok in Theater of Pain.
World Quest Trinkets — There is a wide variety of world quest trinkets, everything from stat-sticks to healing and absorb procs. These are great entry level trinkets to provide you with something to use until you get a higher item level trinket from Mythic+ dungeons or raid. When using these trinkets on a character that is gearing up, focus on those which have either an Intellect or Secondary Stat proc, as they are much more reliable than the healing/absorb effects.
Valor upgrades for Holy Priest
With Patch 9.0.5 you now have access to upgrade gear obtained after the patch with Valor points. We recommend starting with trinkets and weapons where possible, otherwise target your lowest item level items first when upgrading. You can learn more about this system on the dedicated Valor page.
Best in Slot List for Holy Priests in Sanctum of Domination
Due to the introduction of multiple gear acquisition methods outside of raid that also provide competitive items, Best in Slot lists are now a thing of the past.
When gearing your Holy Priest, you should be focusing on item level as a priority and then, in the situation where you have two available items of the same item level, pick the one with the preferred secondary stats. Due to all of our secondary stats being so close in value, there is no reason to drop item level just to change the secondary stats. You can read more about secondary stat priority on the stats page.
The following list is provided to guide you on the most ideal items in each slot you can obtain from Sanctum of Domination and help make you aware of the potential loot available.
Trinket recommendations including raid trinkets can be found further up on this page.
As you obtain new items, you should gem and enchant them as soon as possible to get the full benefit out of them.
Holy Priests should work toward using the Unholy set bonus, with 2 Frost Shards or 1 Frost & 1 Blood Shard in the off pieces. While the Unholy Shards on their own are somewhat lackluster, the set bonus Chaos Bane is such a strong stat boost that it more than makes up for it. The following are the Shards of Domination you will be aiming to equip:
Along with the following:
As a Cloth wearer, your 5 Domination Socket slots are Head, Shoulder, Chest, Bracers, and Belt. If you currently have your desired Legendary in one of these slots, for example Flash Concentration in your Wrist slot, you may want to consider re-crafting the Legendary in another slot for this Patch to fully make use of the Domination Shard effects.
If you would like to know more about the remaining Domination Shards' effects, their set bonuses, or how to upgrade their effects into even more potent forms, please see our official guide detailing everything about this new system of Patch 9.1:
- 23 Aug. 2021: Updated trinket and gear rankings; added some missing trinkets.
- 07 Jul. 2021: Updated trinket recommendations due to hotfixes.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated trinket recommendations.
- 29 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated trinket rankings; added some missing trinkets.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Updated trinket recommendations, including Dungeon and crafted trinkets.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Added Castle Nathria BiS list & Trinkets.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Bulk Character Transfer Service Coming Soon
- Complete 5 Timewalking Dungeons for 1 Piece of Item Level 226 Loot
- Sylvanas Book Delayed Until March 29, 2022
- It's Super Squirt Day on EU Servers: Get Your Pets to level 25 Fast!
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic DPS Log Rankings, Week 15: Balance Rising + A Look at the Bosses
- A Showcase of Scrapped Zones in WoW
- Druid Mage Tower Set in Patch 9.1.5
- The Death of 10 Man Competitive Raiding (Video)