Holy Priest Healing Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.1
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Holy Priest in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.1.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Holy Priest gear and best in slot.
Legendaries for Holy Priest
Holy Priest does not have any any "must-have" Legendaries, and instead can choose between multiple Legendaries, depending on personal preference. Check out our dedicated Legendary page to help you choose which ones to craft and wear.
Trinkets for Holy Priests
The following is a ranking of trinkets, aimed at use in a raid environment. These rankings are formulated with all trinkets at the same item level. Due to how close in value most trinkets in each tier are, generally it is the higher item level that will decide which one is optimal.
The ranking system is as follows.
- S Tier: the strongest and most generally useful trinkets; these are always good choices.
- A Tier: these trinkets are either slightly weaker than the S Tier traits, but are still solid choices.
- B Tier: a below-average trinket that should be picked only in the absence of an S or A Tier trinket.
- C Tier: a weak trinket that provides very little healing output or other utility and should be avoided if possible.
The trinkets from Sanctum of Domination are fairly underwhelming and trinkets from other sources should be considered if available to you at a similar or higher item level. Tome of Insight from Korthia world quest and event rewards, and Unbound Changeling from Ingra Maloch in Mists of Tirna Scithe deserve honorable mentions as hassle-free solid healing increases.
- Soulletting Ruby from Kul'tharok in Theater of Pain — The only downside to this Intellect and Critical Strike heavy trinket is the travel time of the soul, which can feel like an eternity if your target is a long distance from you. Once it reaches you though, you are provided a strong Critical Strike effect, especially if you can find a low-health enemy to use it on.
- Unbound Changeling from Ingra Maloch in Mists of Tirna Scithe — Another base Intellect trinket with a Haste effect, this is an all-around solid trinket with a pretty reliable proc that will provide good value over the course of the encounter. You can change this effect from Haste to Critical Strike or Mastery by eating the appropriate Shadowlands stat food.
- Cabalist's Hymnal from Sire Denathrius in Castle Nathria — Very easy to use trinket with base Intellect and a reliable Critical Strike proc. It gets better with more people in your group who have one, too.
- First Class Healing Distributor from Mailroom Mayhem in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market — The mixture of healing and bonus Haste from this trinket effect is quite strong for its item level and is a great passive healing increase.
- Inscrutable Quantum Device from Dealer Xye'xa in De Other Side is a unique trinket that changes its effect depending on the situation around you. The value of this trinket can range from really good to really poor depending on the situation.
- Resonant Silver Bell from Kel'Thuzad in Sanctum of Domination — One of the best and most reliable trinkets out of the Sanctum of Domination raid, despite having a fairly weak healing effect.
- Sinful Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity is a PvP trinket with an on-use effect granting a large amount of Intellect. This trinket should be used during periods of high healing where possible.
- Sinful Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity is a PvP trinket with a passive Intellect proc and high base Haste. This is a great option if you don't want the hassle of an on-use trinket.
- Carved Ivory Keepsake from Fatescribe Roh-Kalo in Sanctum of Domination — A reliable and easy to use trinket with very little overheal.
- Manabound Mirror from Sire Denathrius in Castle Nathria — With the Mirror being very easy to fill up with healing, due to the rate we consume Mana, this trinket provides a very solid single-target heal on a medium-length cooldown.
- Siphoning Phylactery Shard from Nalthor the Rimebinder in The Necrotic Wake — A very easy to use effect which is off the global cooldown and persists for a long duration making it simple to get full value from the additional healing. An S-Tier trinket if it was not out-scaled by some of the superior stat effect trinkets, or targeted healing effects.
- Spiritual Alchemy Stone from Alchemy upgraded to 230 through Crafter's Mark of the Chained Isle — A very solid Versatility, Intellect and Mana bonus that is a good choice for its item level.
- Tome of Insight from Korthia world quest and event rewards — This trinket has a strong Critical Strike effect with a high duration making it a fairly reliable healing increase for a proc-style effect.
- Vial of Spectral Essence from Dessia the Decapitator in Theater of Pain — Another easy to use trinket that very rarely expires or overheals so long as you cast this on the primary target your DPS are focusing.
- Boon of the Archon from Devos, Paragon of Doubt in Spires of Ascension — High potential healing and group throughput through the orbs that occasionally appear nearby. The random nature of the proc and requiring someone to collect the orbs to have any effect hold this trinket back from an A-Tier ranking.
- Lingering Sunmote from Grand Proctor Beryllia in Sanguine Depths — The absorb effect from this is easy to place initially, but remaining in the one location 12 seconds during periods of damage can vary fight to fight. This trinket is A-Tier if you can reliably get good usage out of the absorb effect, which is often easier to do on Tanks and Melee DPS.
- Darkmoon Deck: Repose crafted by Inscription — This trinket is a really solid and easy-to-use option for its item level. It is great as an entry-level raiding trinket. It will however be replaced once you have access to Heroic and Mythic versions of other trinkets in the S-Tier and A-Tier.
- Overflowing Anima Cage from Executor Tarvold in Sanguine Depths — While the potential overall benefit from this trinket by granting your allies increased Critical Strike is quite high, the area you need to group together in to obtain the benefit is far too small. Being on such a long cooldown really punishes any misplacement of this ground effect as well.
- Scrawled Word of Recall from The Nine in Sanctum of Domination — This trinket, while fine in theory, can be challenging to get maximum potential out of.
- Shadowed Orb of Torment from Remnant of Ner'zhul in Sanctum of Domination — The damage portion of this trinket makes it awkward to use as a Holy Priest as typically large amounts of raid damage are where you really want the additional Mastery, and using this trinket before that can potentially kill you.
- Sunblood Amethyst from High Adjudicator Aleez in Halls of Atonement — Base Haste, a low amount of Intellect requiring you to remain in one place for 15-seconds significantly reduces the value of this trinket.
Spiritual Alchemy Stone is the new Alchemy Stone trinket crafted by Alchemy in Shadowlands. Historically, we have had a method to reliably upgrade our Alchemy Stone to a relevant item level. Unfortunately, this is not the case in Shadowlands, which sadly makes this a trinket you should avoid as soon as you have access to trinkets of item level 180+.
World Quest Trinkets — There is a wide variety of world quest trinkets, everything from stat-sticks to healing and absorb procs. These are great entry level trinkets to provide you with something to use until you get a higher item level trinket from Mythic+ dungeons or raid. When using these trinkets on a character that is gearing up, focus on those which have either an Intellect or Secondary Stat proc, as they are much more reliable than the "Use:" trinkets and healing/absorb effects.
Valor upgrades for Holy Priest
With Patch 9.0.5 you now have access to upgrade gear obtained after the patch with Valor points. We recommend starting with trinkets and weapons where possible, otherwise target your lowest item level items first when upgrading. You can learn more about this system on the dedicated Valor page.
Best in Slot List for Holy Priests in Castle Nathria
Due to the introduction of multiple gear acquisition methods outside of raid that also provide competitive items, Best in Slot lists are now a thing of the past.
When gearing your Holy Priest, you should be focusing on item level as a priority and then, in the situation where you have two available items of the same item level, pick the one with the preferred secondary stats. Due to all of our secondary stats being so close in value, there is no reason to drop item level just to change the secondary stats. You can read more about secondary stat priority on the stats page.
The following list is provided to guide you on the most ideal items in each slot you can obtain from Castle Nathria and help make you aware of the potential loot available.
Trinket recommendations including raid trinkets can be found further up on this page.
As you obtain new items, you should gem and enchant them as soon as possible to get the full benefit out of them.
Holy Priests should work toward using the Unholy set bonus, with 2 Frost Shards or 1 Frost & 1 Blood Shard in the off pieces. While the Unholy Shards on their own are somewhat lackluster, the set bonus Chaos Bane is such a strong stat boost that it more than makes up for it. The following are the Shards of Domination you will be aiming to equip:
Along with any 2 of the following:
As a Cloth wearer, your 5 Domination Socket slots are Head, Shoulder, Chest, Bracers, and Belt. If you currently have your desired Legendary in one of these slots, for example Flash Concentration in your Wrist slot, you may want to consider re-crafting the Legendary in another slot for this Patch to fully make use of the Domination Shard effects.
If you would like to know more about the remaining Domination Shards' effects, their set bonuses, or how to upgrade their effects into even more potent forms, please see our official guide detailing everything about this new system of Patch 9.1:
- 07 Jul. 2021: Updated trinket recommendations due to hotfixes.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated trinket recommendations.
- 29 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated trinket rankings; added some missing trinkets.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Updated trinket recommendations, including Dungeon and crafted trinkets.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Added Castle Nathria BiS list & Trinkets.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- J. Allen Brack's Internal Email to Blizzard Employees
- Domination Socket Helper Addon
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic Race: The Top 5
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 22nd
- Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Alleges Sexual Harrasment, Discrimination and More
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 21st
- Classic Torghast: 0 Score and Getting Stuck With Anima Power