Holy Priest Healing Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Holy Priest in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
Trinkets for Holy Priests
The following is a ranking of trinkets, aimed at use in a raid environment. These rankings are formulated with all trinkets at the same item level. Due to how close in value most trinkets in each tier are, generally it is the higher item level that will decide which one is optimal.
Can't see a trinket in the list below? You can view more detailed trinket rankings on the Holy Priest Spreadsheet on the Trinket Ranks tab.
The ranking system is as follows.
- S Tier: the strongest and most generally useful trinkets; these are always good choices.
- A Tier: these trinkets are either slightly weaker than the S Tier traits, but are still solid choices.
- B Tier: a below-average trinket that should be picked only in the absence of an S or A Tier trinket.
- C Tier: a weak trinket that provides very little healing output or other utility and should be avoided if possible.
Any trinket not listed in one of the above tiers provides no increase in healing output, or significant utility, though some may increase damage dealt.
- Deferred Sentence (The Queen's Court, The Eternal Palace)
- Azshara's Font of Power (Queen Azshara, The Eternal Palace)
- Luminous Jellyweed (Blackwater Behemoth, The Eternal Palace)
- Dinobone Charm (World Quest)
- Ascended Alchemist Stone (Alchemy)
- Void Stone (Uu'nat, Crucible of Storms)
- Incandescent Sliver (Opulence, Battle of Dazar'alor)
- Galewind Chimes (World Quest)
- Conch of Dark Whispers (Vol'zith the Whisperer, Shrine of the Storm)
- Pocket-Sized Computation Device (Mechagon Zone) — See below for details
Pocket-Sized Computation Device is rated in the S-Tier when used with the Cyclotronic Blast Red punch card and the highest and most relevant stat Yellow punch card available to you. The reasoning behind this is the significant amount of added damage Cyclotronic Blast adds when used on cooldown on bosses.
- Zoatroid Egg Sac (Orgozoa, The Eternal Palace)
- Za'qul's Portal Key (Za'qul, The Eternal Palace)
- Gilded Loa Figurine (World Quest)
- Dread Gladiator's Insignia (PvP)
- Twitching Tentacle of Xalzaix (Mythrax)
- Drust-Runed Icicle (Hailstone Construct, World Boss)
- Incessantly Ticking Clock (World Quest)
- Moonstone of Zin-Azshari (World Quest)
- Doom's Hatred (The Lion's Roar, Horde only World Boss)
- Lion's Grace (Doom's Howl, Alliance only World Boss)
- Ward of Envelopment (Champion of the Light, Battle of Dazar'alor)
- Pearl Diver's Compass (World Quest)
- T'zane's Barkspines (T'zane, World Boss)
- First Mate's Spyglass (World Quest)
- Mirror of Entwined Fate (King Rastakhan, Battle of Dazar'alor)
- Emblem of Zandalar (World Quest)
- Dread Gladiator's Medallion (PvP)
- Enthraller's Bindstone (Ulmath, the Soulbinder, World Boss)
- Highborne Compendium of Swirling Tides (Inscription)
- Inoculating Extract (Vectis)
- Crest of Pa'ku (Conclave of the Chosen, Battle of Dazar'alor)
- Fangs of Intertwined Essence (Avatar of Sethraliss, Temple of Sethraliss)
- Azurethos' Singed Plumage (Azurethos, The Winged Typhoon, World Boss)
- Leyshock's Grand Compilation (World Drop)
- Lady Waycrest's Music Box (Lord and Lady Waycrest, Waycrest Manor)
- Revitalizing Voodoo Totem (Vol'kaal, Atal'Dazar)
- Ignition Mage's Fuse (Knight Captain Valyri, Tol Dagor)
- Shockbiter's Fang (Wekemara, World Boss)
- Ancient Knot of Wisdom (Ivus the Decayed, World Boss)
- Plunderbeard's Flask (World Quest)
- Balefire Branch (Soulbound Goliath, Waycrest Manor)
- Dread Gladiator's Badge (PvP)
- Dread Gladiator's Emblem (PvP)
- Endless Tincture of Fractional Power (Alchemy)
- Darkmoon Deck: Tides (Inscription)
Of the Benthic gear available to healers, none of the bonus effects are particularly strong. It is suggested that you focus your upgrades on improving your item level in low item level slots, and on your Benthic items with sockets and/or Leech. Both sockets and Leech add significant value to the item slot, usually 5-10 item levels or more each.
Best in Slot List for Holy Priests in The Eternal Palace
Due to the introduction of Mythic+ providing high item-level gear, and Titanforging on both Mythic+ and raid gear, Best in Slot lists are now a thing of the past.
The following list is provided to guide you on the most ideal items in each slot you can obtain from The Eternal Palace and help make you aware of the potential loot available.
The trinket selections are present to give you an aim within the raid, a full list of trinket rankings can be found further up on this page.
Initially you should be using your bonus rolls on the bosses that drop Weapons, Azerite items and desired trinkets. Once you have obtained those items, start using them to fill in the rest of the slots you can obtain item-level upgrades in.
Several new items were added in The Eternal Palace with special effects on them. Information on how valuable these additional effects are will be added soon once we can see them in action.
|Helm||Handmaiden's Cowl of Sacrifice||Radiance of Azshara (coin)|
|Shoulders||Fathom-Feeder's Mantle||Blackwater Behemoth|
|Cloak||Cloak of Ill Tidings||Za'qul, Harbinger of Ny'alotha|
|Chest||Robes of Sunken Nobility||Lady Ashvane|
|Wrists||Sea Sculptor's Cuffs||Radiance of Azshara (coin)|
|Gloves||Handguards of the Highest-Born||Queen Azshara (coin)|
|Legs||Seawrath Legwraps||Abyssal Commander Sivara|
|Boots||Slippers of the Sorceress-Queen||Queen Azshara (coin)|
|Ring #1||Ring of the Highborne Courtier||The Queen's Court (coin)|
|Ring #2||Cursed Lover's Ring||Queen Azshara (coin)|
|Trinket #1||Deferred Sentence||The Queen's Court (coin)|
|Trinket #2||Azshara's Font of Power||Queen Azshara (coin)|
|Weapon||Anu-Azshara, Staff of the Eternal||Queen Azshara (coin)|
- 28 Jul. 2019: Updated trinket info including Punch Card suggestions.
- 11 Jul. 2019: Added latest trinket info for The Eternal Palace and Mechagon trinkets.
- 09 Jul. 2019: Updated for The Eternal Palace and Benthic gear.
- 24 Jun. 2019: Added new 8.2 Inscription trinket.
- 15 Apr. 2019: Added information on the special items from the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 12 Mar. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1.5 and no changes are necessary.
- 25 Feb. 2019: Updated trinket rankings.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Battle of Dazar'alor.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 25 Sep. 2018: Updated trinket rankings.
- 26 Aug. 2018: Made various substantial updates to the page.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Display Bug Showing Last Week's Honor
- Infinite HoA Trait Removed from 8.3, New Legendary Cloak Addition
- 8.3 Class Changes Update: Mistweaver, Holy Pala, Disc Priest
- Mythic+ Season 4 Item Level Changes (Official)
- 8.3 Pet Battle Changes Update
- Diablo 2 Remaster Unlikely - Code and Assets Were Lost According to Creators
- New Retail WoW Box for Starting Players
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- What’s the better PC?
- Fire Mage 8.2
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.2
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Holy Priest 8.2
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Very low HPS MW monk