Holy Priest Healing Stat Priority — Shadowlands 9.1
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Holy Priest. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.1.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Holy Priest stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Holy Priest
When raiding, you want to use your Mana pool flexibly to counteract deadly damage throughout a long fight. Thus, efficient Mana usage is of paramount importance.
- Mastery = Critical Strike
When healing dungeons, you want to maximize your throughput in short fights. Since you can drink quite often, raw throughput stats are important. Damage-reducing stats also gain in importance as they allow you to survive things you usually cannot in the highest Mythic keystone dungeons.
- Critical Strike
Note about Leech and Avoidance
While we provide stat preference lists, swapping gear to higher item level items — and their higher Intellect/total stats — should, usually, provide a larger upgrade than using lower item level items with better stats. The exception to this rule are items with important tertiary stats, Leech and Avoidance, which should still be used ahead of other items without them unless the difference in item level is around 10 or above.
Getting a Better Understanding of Holy Priests Stats
Leech allows you to passively self-heal for a percentage of the healing/damage of each spell you cast. Due to its great scaling and the prevalence of enemy mechanics that hurt everyone in the group, it ends up doing a lot of free healing that would, otherwise, need to be covered by Mana from yourself or the other healers in your group.
Avoidance's exact power depends on the encounter mechanics, but is often the decider on living/dying against extreme damage abilities in very high keystones. The damage it prevents is also very helpful in a raid setting.
Intellect is your primary stat. You should look for this stat in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Spell Power, which increases the power of your heals.
Mastery ( Mastery: Echo of Light) causes each one of your direct heals to place a HoT on the target, healing for a percentage of the initial heal over 6 seconds. Successive applications of this HoT stack.
Critical Strike doubles the effects of your heals, which also benefits your Mastery.
Haste lowers the cast time of your heals, as well as your global cooldown. It also reduces the cooldown of Circle of Healing and Prayer of Mending, as well as increasing the healing of Renew (by granting additional ticks).
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
Speed slightly increases the speed at which your character moves. This can be useful when trying to dodge encounter mechanics or when repositioning with your group, but is not as noticeable as other stats.
Stat Gain Per Rating
In order to get 1% benefit from each stat, you need different amounts of stat rating. This means some stats naturally scale better than others, even before diminishing returns kick in from having too much of a certain stat relative to others.
- Critical Strike - 35 rating per 1%
- Versatility - 40 rating per 1% damage/healing increase / 0.5% damage taken reduction
- Mastery - 28 rating per 1%
- Haste - 33 rating per 1%
- Leech - 21 rating per 1%
- Avoidance - 14 rating per 1%
- Speed - 20 rating per 1%
- 29 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- J. Allen Brack Game Maker's Notebook Interview From Just Before the Lawsuit
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: August 2nd
- Fly Without a Mount, Cast Spells, Even in Instances on BCC PTR!
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic and Heroic DPS Log Rankings, Week 4: A Look At Individual Bosses
- Teldrassil Animated Wallpaper Engine and Fan Art (Both During and Pre-Burning)
- Advanced Nightborne Customization (Fan Concept)
- The Most Popular DPS for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 2 (Week of July 27)
- Korthia Rift Treasures Suggested Map, Route and Tips