Holy Priest PvP Useful Macros (Dragonflight / Patch 10.0.7)
Macros are crucial to be successful in PvP. They allow players to use abilities on enemies without having to target them. This helps increase overall damage/healing and general awareness in the arena. Here are a few macros that all Holy Priests can benefit from.
This page is part of our Holy Priest PvP Guide.
Holy Word: Chastise 123 Macro
- #showtooltip Holy Word: Chastise
- /cast [target=arena1] Holy Word: Chastise
Using this macro will use Holy Word: Chastise on arena enemy 1. This makes it easier to crowd control an enemy while healing your team. If you want macros for the second and third enemies, simply change the arena1 to arena2 or arena3. You can reproduce this macro with Mind Control.
Shadow Word: Death Macro
- #showtooltip Shadow Word: Death
- /cast [@target,harm] Shadow Word: Death
- /stopmacro [harm]
- /cast Shadow Word: Death
- /targetlasttarget [harm]
This macro allows you to use Shadow Word: Death both to avoid incoming crowd control and to deal damage with only one keybind. If you target an enemy, the macro will simply use Shadow Word: Death on the enemy. This is what you want to deal damage and also to avoid CC. And if you target an ally the macro will target a nearby enemy to use the ability on. That way you can quickly press this macro when healing an ally if you notice a spell such as Polymorph being cast on you, and you will death it.
Void Shift Macro
- #showtooltip Void Shift
- /cast [target=party1] Void Shift
This macro allows you to cast Void Shift on your party1 without targeting it, as it is meant to be a spell you must press very quickly when nothing else will save your ally fast enough. You can reproduce this with party2 when you play 3v3 and have two people on your team.
Shackle Undead Macro
- #showtooltip Shackle Undead
- /cast [@arenapet1, exists] shackle undead
- /cast [@arenapet2, exists] shackle undead
- /cast [@arenapet3, exists] shackle undead
This very handy macro allows you to cast Shackle Undead on the Undead pet of a Hunter without having to target it, regardless of whether the Hunter is Arena1, Arena2, or Arena3. You simply need to use it and if there is an Undead pet it will be controlled. This is helpful to easily deny Roar of Sacrifice when your team is about to do a go. Make sure to have a separate Shackle Undead keybind to crowd control a Death Knight who uses Lichborne.
Purify Party Macro
- #showtooltip Purify
- /cast [target=party1] Purify
Using this macro will cast Purify on party player 1. This makes it easier to dispel a teammate while healing the rest of your team. If you want a macro to dispel the second party member, change the party1 to party2.
Dispel Magic Macro
- #showtooltip Dispel Magic
- /cast [target=focus] Dispel Magic
This macro allows you to cast Dispel Magic on your focus target without having to target it.
Target Assist Macros
- #showtooltip Holy Fire
- /cast [harm][@targettarget] Holy Fire
This macro allows you to cast Holy Fire on the target of any ally you are targeting yourself without targeting the enemy. Such a macro allows you to keep doing your damage rotation without having to switch targets between your DPS and their kill target. You can reproduce this macro with Mindgames, Smite, and Shadow Word: Pain.
Holy Word: Sanctify Macro
- #showtooltip Holy Word: Sanctify
- /cast [@cursor] Holy Word: Sanctify
This macro allows you to drop your Holy Word: Sanctify on your cursor location without having to click it, allowing you to be faster. Make sure you are well aware of the range and radius of your spell before you stat using this macro.
Holy Ward Self Macro
- /cast [target=YOURNAMEHERE] Holy Ward
Using this macro will use Holy Ward on yourself. This makes it quicker to use if crowd control is being cast on you.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 01 Mar. 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.
- 26 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 15 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (9.0.1)
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1