Holy Priest PvP Best Races and Racials (Dragonflight 10.2)
Racial bonuses can provide interesting PvP benefits. Here are the best races to choose for each faction. The races are sorted from highest impact in arena to lowest. However, all races below have their own unique ways of making an impact in a PvP match.
This page is part of our Holy Priest PvP Guide.
Best Alliance Races for Holy Priest PvP
- Night Elf
Night Elf Racials
Night Elf is the best race on Alliance. The active racial ability, Shadowmeld can be used to immune incoming crowd control or to immune a dangerous cast with proper timing. You can also use it to leave combat in case you need an emergency drink to replenish your Mana. Being a Night Elf also provides you with two noteworthy passive abilities: Quickness, which grants you 2% extra movement speed and 2% dodge chance, and Touch of Elune, that increases either your Haste or Critical Strike by 1% depending on whether it is night or day.
Human is the second-best race on Alliance. The active racial ability, Will to Survive allows you to break free of a stun once every 3 minutes. This provides you with a different way out of CC to save either yourself or your team. As a healer, you will most likely always be in CC when the enemy team goes for a kill, so being able to get out of CC more often is very strong. The passive racial ability, The Human Spirit, increases all secondary stats by a small amount.
Best Horde Races for Holy Priest PvP
Undead is the best race on Horde. The active racial ability, Will of the Forsaken allows you to break free of a fear effect once every two minutes. It is potent as it can act as a second trinket against Warlocks, Warriors or other Priests. Being an Undead also grants you the passive abilities Shadow Resistance, reducing Shadow damage taken by 1%, and Touch of the Grave, sometimes dealing a small amount of Shadow damage to your target and healing you for the same amount.
Pandaren is the second-best race on Horde. The active racial ability, Quaking Palm allows you to incapacitate a target for 4s. This opens up the opportunity to Holy Word: Chastise a target when you are talented into Censure, then Quaking Palm and finish off with Psychic Scream. That is quiet the Crowd Control chain you can setup on your own. It can also be used defensively when you are silenced. You can also use a food buff in rated PvP.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5
- 09 May 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 01 Mar. 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.
- 26 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 15 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (9.0.1)
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2