Best Stats and Gear Guide for Skinning in Dragonflight
This page details the best Dragonflight Skinning stats and gear, and how they can be used to maximize profession output.
Crafting Stats for Skinning in Dragonflight
All stats have their uses, but for Skinning we recommend focusing on Perception in order to maximize your rare loot drops, which should maintain their value throughout Dragonflight.
Deftness is also a very strong stat for Skinning, specifically because you can often farm hyperspawns with little movement involved, and thus most of your time will be spent on killing and skinning everything!
Finally, Finesse is a decent stat for gathering more of the base skins, but it is expected that these will quickly crash in price due to the ease with which they can be obtained, and the ease of leveling Skinning itself, which lowers the barrier of entry in the base material market.
For more information on profession stats and gear, please refer to our dedicated guide below:
Best Skinning Gear
Skinners, like most other professions, can use three pieces of gear at once, 1 tool and 2 accessories. Blue-quality items are best in slot.
|Draconium Skinning Knife||Tool||Blacksmithing|
|Khaz'gorite Skinning Knife||Tool||Blacksmithing|
|Expert Skinner's Cap||Accessory||Leatherworking|
As shown in the image above, quality is a big factor in the stats you can get from the gear. Green versions are bind on equip and from trainer recipes, but blue versions require faction / renown grinding for their recipe and are bind on pickup, requiring you to submit a Crafting Order for them.
Also, remember to enchant your primary tool with Enchant Tool - Draconic Deftness, Enchant Tool - Draconic Finesse, or Enchant Tool - Draconic Perception.
Gear Skinning Can Make For Other Professions
Skinning cannot make gear for use by other professions.
- 30 Nov. 2022: Page added.
- Crossover Event Treasure Goblin Fun + Gold Drops
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, May 26th
- Warlocks in 10.1.5, Fractures in Time: Demonology Reparations
- Character Select Updated with New Drag and Drop Function in Patch 10.1.5
- Blizzard Working on Dragonriding in Old Zones, But It's Not Coming in Patch 10.1.5
- A List of the Easiest 300 Mounts to Get in WoW
- Blues News: Week of May 26th
- Epic Purple Shirt for Prime Gaming Subscribers