Arms Warrior PvP Useful Macros (Shadowlands / 9.2.5)
Macros are crucial to be successful in PvP. They allow players to use abilities on enemies without having to target them. This helps increase overall damage/healing and general awareness in the arena. Here are a few macros that all Arms Warriors can benefit from.
This page is part of our Arms Warrior PvP Guide.
Focus target Macro
- #showtooltip StormBolt
- /cast [@focus] StormBolt
Using this macro will use Storm Bolt on the target currently set as your focus. This makes it easier to CC an non-kill target should it be necessary. Functional with any other abilities such as Disarm.
Arena123 and Party123 target
- #showtooltip Pummel
- /cancelaura Bladestorm
- /cast [mod:shift, target=arena2] Pummel
- /cast [mod:ctrl, target=arena3] Pummel
- /cast [nomod, target=arena1] Pummel
This incredibly useful macro will let you target a specific arena target without having to switch off of your current target. Arena 1, arena 2, and arena 3 are in the order from top to bottom of the enemy arena frames. We recommend mastering this form of targeting. Due to its complexity, it can be a better idea to pick this up later when you have mastered the fundamentals. You can do the same for your party by replacing arena123 with party123. This is useful for abilities such as Intervene. Be mindful, however, that party1 is your party leader, and then scales down with the frames from top to bottom, excluding yourself.
You can also use /target arenapet123 to make a separate macro that lets you quickly swap to an enemy pet.
- #showtooltip Execute
- /cancelaura Bladestorm
- /cast Execute
Allows you to cancel buffs on you like Bladestorm to regain control of your character. It is worth to keep a seperate bind purely to cancelaura buffs like Blessing of Protection or Blessing of Freedom so you can gain the benefit of the buff initially but then cancel it so prevent it from being stolen with Spellsteal.
- #showtooltip Colossus Smash
- /use Warbreaker
- /use Colossus Smash
- /use 13
- /use 14
Activates your trinket slots together with your Warbreaker. Ideal for when using trinkets like Sinful Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity. Make sure you are not activating the slot that holds your Sinful Gladiator's Medallion.
- #showtooltip Shield Block
- /equipset [noequipped:Off Hand] (Gearset name)
- /cast [equipped:Off Hand] Shield Block
Lets you switch to 1h + shield and casts Shield Block. You must define a gearset in the equipment manager (default C) to get a reference for the macro to swap to. This requires and consumes a global cooldown. You will likewise need a macro for switching back to your 2h weapon.
- #showtooltip Mortal Strike
- /cast [noequipped:Off Hand] Mortal Strike
- /equipset [equipped:Off Hand] (Gearset name)
- #showtooltip Heroic Leap
- /cast [@cursor] Heroic Leap
Charge + Intervene + Hamstring
- #showtooltip Charge
- /cancelaura Bladestorm
- /cast [@mouseover, exists, help, nodead] Intervene
- /cast [exists, nodead, harm] Charge
- /cast Hamstring
This macro combines Charge, Intervene and Hamstring into the same button. This is possible, because Charge and Intervene are off the global cooldown. Intervene uses the @mouseover function here, so you can mouseover either a friendly target or their party frame to override Charge and instead cast Intervene on them.
- #showtooltip Heroic Throw
- /cast [@mouseover, exists, harm] Heroic Throw
- /target mouseover
A personal favourite we like to use, which lets you quickly Heroic Throw targets you mouseover, such as totems.
- /cast [@arenapet1, exists] Taunt
- /cast [@arenapet2, exists] Taunt
- /cast [@arenapet3, exists] Taunt
Use this in conjunction with another macro for one of your main abilities, such as Mortal Strike. This way you can ensure that a pet will stick to you throughout a match.
Quick target Victory Rush
- #showtooltip Victory Rush
- /targetenemy [noexists, alive]
- /cast Victory Rush
Quickly clears your current target and targets the nearest alive target in front of you. Very useful for getting in that vital heal a second before you would have taken lethal damage.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Page reviewed and approved for Patch 9.2.
- 08 Nov. 2021: Page reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 18 May 2021: Added many new macros.
- 27 Dec. 2020: Rewritten by Karanze for Shadowlands season 1
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st