Arms Warrior PvP Useful Macros (Shadowlands / 9.0.5)
Macros are crucial to be successful in PvP. They allow players to use abilities on enemies without having to target them. This helps increase overall damage/healing and general awareness in the arena. Here are a few macros that all Arms Warriors can benefit from.
This page is part of our Arms Warrior PvP Guide.
Focus target Macro
- #showtooltip StormBolt
- /cast [@focus] StormBolt
Using this macro will use Storm Bolt on the target currently set as your focus. This makes it easier to CC an non-kill target should it be necessary. Functional with any other abilities such as Disarm.
- #showtooltip Execute
- /cancelaura Bladestorm
- /cast Execute
Allows you to cancel buffs on you like Bladestorm to regain control of your character. It is worth to keep a seperate bind purely to cancelaura buffs like Blessing of Protection or Blessing of Freedom so you can gain the benefit of the buff initially but then cancel it so prevent it from being stolen with Spellsteal.
- #showtooltip Colossus Smash
- /use Warbreaker
- /use Colossus Smash
- /use 13
- /use 14
Activates your trinket slots together with your Warbreaker. Ideal for when using trinkets like Sinful Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity. Make sure you are not activating the slot that holds you Sinful Gladiator's Medallion.
- #showtooltip Shield Block
- /equipset [noequipped:Off Hand] (Gearset name)
- /cast [equipped:Off Hand] Shield Block
Lets you switch to 1h + shield and casts Shield Block. You must define a gearset in the equipment manager (default C) to get a reference for the macro to swap to. This requires and consumes a global cooldown. You will likewise need a macro for switching back to your 2h weapon.
- #showtooltip Mortal Strike
- /cast [noequipped:Off Hand] Mortal Strike
- /equipset [equipped:Off Hand] (Gearset name)
- #showtooltip Heroic Leap
- /cast [@cursor] Heroic Leap
Charge + Intervene + Hamstring
- #showtooltip Charge
- /cancelaura Bladestorm
- /cast [@mouseover, exists, help, nodead] Intervene
- /cast [exists, nodead, harm] Charge
- /cast Hamstring
This macro combines Charge, Intervene and Hamstring into the same button. This is possible, because Charge and Intervene are off the global cooldown. Intervene uses the @mouseover function here, so you can mouseover either a friendly target or their party frame to override Charge and instead cast Intervene on them.
- 27 Dec. 2020: Rewritten by Karanze for Shadowlands season 1
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top
- Ve'nari Reputation Paragon Rewards in Patch 9.1
- World of Warcraft's 17th Anniversary Event Rewards
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38511 Class Changes