Arms Warrior PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.0.5)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Arms Warrior in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Arms Warrior PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Arms Warriors in PvP
The stat priority for Arms Warriors in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike >= Haste = Mastery.
Item level became a lot stronger in Shadowlands, which means that a piece with higher ilvl is generally an upgrade as long as it has some some Versatility on it.
There is currently no true build for Arms Warrior. All stats are really powerful, and your character will be strong whether you decide to stack up on Critical Strike, Haste, a balanced build, or any other stat combination.
Your gear goal should be to be fully equipped in Conquest gear. If you have a difficult time climbing rating to upgrade the Conquest gear, then you can pick up these pieces from PvE content, as they hold roughly equal power to Conquest gear.
- Pauldrons of Unleashed Pride
- Halkias's Towering Pillars
- Blighted Margrave's Cloak
- Fleshfused Crushers
- Scarred Bloodbound Girdle
- Darkfrost Helmet
- Ritual Bone Band
- Cowled Batwing Cloak
- Ceremonial Parade Legguards
- Hyperlight Band
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a boost to the offensive portion of your Versatility.
Sinful Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. If you play human swap the medallion out with Sinful Gladiator's Relentless Brooch. Do not ever swap out these trinkets.
Sinful Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity is the biggest damage increase you can get. I recommend picking up this trinket for pressure compositions and 2v2.
Sinful Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Critical Strike and provides a large increase to strength. This can be used instead of Sinful Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity in a burst composition such as Turbo Cleave or WMP(ala) if you favor more controlled burst.
Sinful Gladiator's Emblem gives you an extra defensive by giving you a temporary health increase. This should be used if your priority is to survive and you know you are the kill target. Activating this trinket can then further empower Rallying Cry and Phial of Serenity on you should it be necessary.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for an Arms Warrior:
- Gloves: Enchant Gloves - Eternal Strength
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon Enchant: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 16 May 2021: Revised stat priority for current meta.
- 26 Mar. 2021: Updated stat priority to reflecct the current meta.
- 27 Dec. 2020: Rewritten by Karanze for Shadowlands Season 1.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Amazing Animation and Effects in "Judgement" Animated Short
- Vicious War Gorm Mounts in Shadowlands Season 2
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38872 Class Changes
- A List of All Burning Crusade and Patch 9.0.5 Hotfixes (June 1-8)
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 7th
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 13: Arcane Mages Dominate, Frost Rises as Well
- Impressive Arthas and Teldrassil Faction Animated Wallpapers
- Shaman Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38872