Arms Warrior PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.1)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Arms Warrior in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Arms Warrior PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Arms Warriors in PvP
The stat priority for Arms Warriors in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
- Haste = Mastery
Item level became a lot stronger in Shadowlands, which means that a piece with higher ilvl is generally an upgrade as long as it has some Versatility on it.
You should focus on maximizing your Critical Strike chance next to Versatility for a true optimal build. With the addition of Elysian Might, Kyrian Warriors will want to get a high amount of Critical Strike chance to make the most of the new Legendary.
Your gear goal should be to be fully equipped in Conquest gear. If you have a difficult time climbing rating to upgrade the Conquest gear, then you can pick up these pieces from PvE content, as they hold roughly equal power to Conquest gear.
- Pauldrons of Unleashed Pride
- Halkias's Towering Pillars
- Blighted Margrave's Cloak
- Fleshfused Crushers
- Scarred Bloodbound Girdle
- Darkfrost Helmet
- Ritual Bone Band
- Colossus Slayer's Hauberk
- Bands of the Fallen House
- Coiled Stygian Grapnel
- Greaves of Extermination
- Oscillating Ouroboros
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a boost to the offensive portion of your Versatility.
Unchained Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. If you play human swap the medallion out with Sinful Gladiator's Relentless Brooch. Do not ever swap out these trinkets.
Unchained Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity is the biggest damage increase you can get. We recommend picking up this trinket for pressure compositions.
Unchained Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Critical Strike and provides a large increase to strength. This can be used instead of Sinful Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity in a burst composition such as Turbo Cleave or WMP(ala) if you favor more controlled burst.
Unchained Gladiator's Emblem gives you an extra defensive by giving you a temporary health increase. This should be used if your priority is to survive and you know you are the kill target. Activating this trinket can then further empower Rallying Cry and Phial of Serenity on you should it be necessary.
Gems and Enchants
In Patch 9.1 Domination Shards and Sockets have made their way into the game. These Shards are not worth using.
Here are the best enchants and gems for an Arms Warrior:
- Gloves: Enchant Gloves - Eternal Strength
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon Enchant: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance/ Enchant Weapon - Sinful Revelation
Whether you use Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance or Enchant Weapon - Sinful Revelation really does not matter. They are both good, with their own strengths, and the difference between them is minimal.
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 16 May 2021: Revised stat priority for current meta.
- 26 Mar. 2021: Updated stat priority to reflecct the current meta.
- 27 Dec. 2020: Rewritten by Karanze for Shadowlands Season 1.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Monk Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Two In-Game Paintings Desexualized in Patch 9.1.5
- Demon Hunter Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Legendary Scrapping in Patch 9.1.5: How to Destroy Legendaries into Materials
- Death Knight Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- A Preview of All New Druid Travel Forms Coming in Patch 9.1.5
- New 9.1.5 Highmountain Tauren Customizations
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour