Arms Warrior PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.0.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Arms Warrior in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Arms Warrior PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Arms Warriors in PvP
The stat priority for Arms Warriors in PvP is as follows:
- 30% haste
- Critical Strike
Item level became a lot stronger in Shadowlands, which means that a piece with higher ilvl is generally an upgrade as long as it has some some versatility on it.
The 30% haste cutoff is more of a preferential thing, you are fine as long as you are withing the 20%-30% haste area.
Mastery vs Critical Strike
This is a topic that gets discussed often in the current season, as critical strike damage was buffed to 175% (from 150%) in Shadowlands. Although it is difficult to determine the explosive nature of critical strikes, both mastery and critical strike can be modelled as linear damage increases. In doing so, it is easy to determine that mastery gives you more damage per point.
If you prefer, you can play with critical strike for the random chance at getting a lucky burst, however, in PvP it is recommended you have as much control over your burst as possible, and do not tie too much of your power to random procs.
Condemn users can consider critical strike for the extra rage generation.
Your gear goal should be to be fully equipped in conquest gear. If you have a difficult time climbing rating to upgrade the conquest gear, then you can pick up these pieces from PvE content, as they hold roughly equal power to conquest gear.
- Pauldrons of Unleashed Pride
- Halkias's Towering Pillars
- Blighted Margrave's Cloak
- Fleshfused Crushers
- Scarred Bloodbound Girdle
- Darkfrost Helmet
- Ritual Bone Band
- Cowled Batwing Cloak
- Ceremonial Parade Legguards
- Hyperlight Band
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a boost to the offensive portion of your versatility.
Sinful Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. If you play human swap the medallion out with Sinful Gladiator's Relentless Brooch. Do not ever swap out these trinkets.
Sinful Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity is the biggest damage increase you can get. I recommend picking up this trinket for pressure compositions and 2v2.
Sinful Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you critical strike and provides a large increase to strength. This can be used instead of Sinful Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity in a burst composition such as Turbo Cleave or WMP(ala) if you favor more controlled burst.
Sinful Gladiator's Emblem gives you an extra defensive by giving you a temporary health increase. This should be used if your priority is to survive and you know you are the kill target. Activating this trinket can then further empower Rallying Cry and Phial of Serenity on you should it be necessary.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for an Arms Warrior:
- Gloves: Enchant Gloves - Eternal Strength
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon Enchant: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 27 Dec. 2020: Rewritten by Karanze for Shadowlands season 1
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Shattered Helm of Domination Arrives to Collector
- Rogue Update in Patch 9.0.5
- Will Patch 9.0.5 Release on March 16?
- Undocumented Windwalker Monk Changes in Patch 9.0.5
- Castle Nathria Alliance Hall of Fame Complete, Cross-Realm Mythic Enabled Soon
- Night Fae Blood DK Finishes Keystone Master on Controller in PUGs
- World Boss for the Week of March 2nd - Mortanis
- EU Server Issues: No Servers Currently Available (March 2nd)