Brawler's Guild: Grandpa Grumplefloot (Rank 1) Battle for Azeroth (BfA )
Table of Contents
- 1. Abilities and Strategy
- 2. Generic Advice
- 3. Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
- 4. Changelog
Grandpa Grumplefloot is your third Brawler's Guild Rank 1 opponent. The fight is extremely simple, but requires perfect execution, because the slightest mistake will cause you to die.
Abilities and Strategy
Grandpa Grumplefloot has a few abilities to watch out for.
Frequently, Grandpa Grumplefloot will use his flute to summon teddy bear adds. There are three teddy bears: Luckydo (blue bear), Luckydon't (red bear) and Bad Luckydo (white bear). The bears do not move (with one exception, listed below) or melee, and they do not have abilities; that said, stepping on each of the three teddy bears produces different effects. Stepping on Luckydo heals you, while stepping on the other two bears will kill you. One thing to note is that every few seconds, Bad Luckydo will change position, so you must watch out for this.
Aside from summoning the teddy bears, Grandpa Grumplefloot will also cast two other abilities throughout the fight. Song of Floot deals damage to you every 0.5 seconds for 3 seconds, and can be interrupted. When he reaches low health, Grandpa Grumplefloot will start healing himself with Cantata of Flooting, which heals him every 0.5 seconds for 3 seconds, and this can also be interrupted.
The strategy for defeating Grandpa Grumplefloot is simple.
- Keep attacking him.
- Avoid Luckydon't and Bad Luckydo bears (do not step on them), and remember that Bad Luckydo bears change position.
- If you are low on health, step on a Luckydo bear to heal yourself.
- Interrupting Song of Floot is not necessary since its damage is low, but you can do it if you want.
- Do not panic. It does not matter if you mess up your rotation, but you need to stick to the strategy.
- If you are in for a long Brawler's Guild session, you may want to use a flask.
- Prepot! Use a Brawler's Battle Potion of Agility, a Brawler's Battle Potion of Intellect, or a Brawler's Battle Potion of Strength.
- When the 60-second cooldown on your potion is over, you can use the same potion again or you can use a Brawler's Coastal Healing Potion if you need healing.
- Group up with other players so that you benefit from each other's buffs.
Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
For class-specific advice, please refer to this thread on our forums. Do not hesitate to share your own tips!
- 13 Mar. 2019: Updated for BfA 8.1.5. The fight remains the same, but is now the 3rd fight at rank 1 (was previously the second fight).
- 29 Dec. 2016: Guide added.
- Class Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 (Week of June 15)
- Reduced Amount of BoE Gear from Sanctum of Domination
- Official Preview of Maw Updates in Patch 9.1
- Mawsworn Charger's Reins - New Torghast Mount in Patch 9.1
- Valor Upgrade Requirement Changes in Patch 9.1
- From the Vault: The Burning Crusade Classic Collection
- Big Consecration Threat Bug Causing Havoc in BCC
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 14: Re-Return of the (Boom)King + Boss Only Logs
- 9.1 Release Information
- Mythic+ Dispel Guide
- Valorous Scourgeborne Plate set
- Elemental Shaman Shadowlands
- Class Order Halls - Unlock
- Laughing Skull Orcs Reputation Guide
- Survival Hunter Shadowlands
- Feral Druid PvP 9.0.5