Brawler's Guild: Stitches (Rank 6) Battle for Azeroth (BfA )
Table of Contents
- 1. Abilities and Strategy
- 2. Generic Advice
- 3. Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
- 4. Changelog
Stitches is your second Brawler's Guild Rank 6 opponent. The fight is simple, but can be difficult for classes who lack mobility.
Abilities and Strategy
The fight against Stitches is straightforward. He will have a green pool around him ( Aura of Rot), which will generate harmless stacks on you as long as you stand in it; at 10 stacks you will instantly die. You can reset these stacks by simply leaving the pool (the stacks disappear instantly). However, every time you leave the pool, Stitches will grip you back in (using Stitches' Hook) and debuff you with another stacking debuff that reduces your movement speed by 10% per stack, for 2 minutes (and which cannot be reset).
To defeat Stitches, you will have to make sure to exit the Aura of Rot before you reach 10 stacks. This is easy to accomplish initially (when you have few stacks of the movement speed-reducing debuff), but it gets progressively harder as the fight goes on. Our advice is not to reset your stacks prematurely (wait until you have 8 or 9), in order to minimise the number of times that Stitches hooks you back in. Moreover, you should simply run out of the Aura of Rot earlier on in the fight (when your movement speed is still not affected) and use your movement abilities later on when you are slower.
It is also worth noting that on the PTR, it was possible to walk out of the Aura of Rot and quickly back in before Stitches had a chance to hook you, which allowed you to reset your stacks without being debuffed by Stitches' Hook. If you are able to do this, it will be the best strategy.
- Do not panic. It does not matter if you mess up your rotation, but you need to stick to the strategy.
- If you are in for a long Brawler's Guild session, you may want to use a flask.
- Prepot! Use a Brawler's Battle Potion of Agility, a Brawler's Battle Potion of Intellect, or a Brawler's Battle Potion of Strength.
- When the 60-second cooldown on your potion is over, you can use the same potion again or you can use a Brawler's Coastal Healing Potion if you need healing.
- Group up with other players so that you benefit from each other's buffs.
Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
For class-specific advice, please refer to this thread on our forums. Do not hesitate to share your own tips!
- 13 Mar. 2019: Updated for BfA 8.1.5. The fight remains the same, but was moved from rank 4 to rank 6.
- 04 Jan. 2017: Guide added.
- Amazing Animation and Effects in "Judgement" Animated Short
- Vicious War Gorm Mounts in Shadowlands Season 2
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38872 Class Changes
- A List of All Burning Crusade and Patch 9.0.5 Hotfixes (June 1-8)
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 7th
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 13: Arcane Mages Dominate, Frost Rises as Well
- Impressive Arthas and Teldrassil Faction Animated Wallpapers
- Shaman Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38872
- 9.1 Release Information
- Feral Druid PvP 9.0.5
- Beast Mastery Hunter PvP 9.0.1
- Patch 9.1 Changes
- Arcane Mage PvP 9.0.5
- Unholy Death Knight Leveling
- Advice for newbie tank
- Korthia Overview