Brawler's Guild: Stitches (Rank 6) Battle for Azeroth (BfA )
Table of Contents
- 1. Abilities and Strategy
- 2. Generic Advice
- 3. Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
- 4. Changelog
Stitches is your second Brawler's Guild Rank 6 opponent. The fight is simple, but can be difficult for classes who lack mobility.
Abilities and Strategy
The fight against Stitches is straightforward. He will have a green pool around him ( Aura of Rot), which will generate harmless stacks on you as long as you stand in it; at 10 stacks you will instantly die. You can reset these stacks by simply leaving the pool (the stacks disappear instantly). However, every time you leave the pool, Stitches will grip you back in (using Stitches' Hook) and debuff you with another stacking debuff that reduces your movement speed by 10% per stack, for 2 minutes (and which cannot be reset).
To defeat Stitches, you will have to make sure to exit the Aura of Rot before you reach 10 stacks. This is easy to accomplish initially (when you have few stacks of the movement speed-reducing debuff), but it gets progressively harder as the fight goes on. Our advice is not to reset your stacks prematurely (wait until you have 8 or 9), in order to minimise the number of times that Stitches hooks you back in. Moreover, you should simply run out of the Aura of Rot earlier on in the fight (when your movement speed is still not affected) and use your movement abilities later on when you are slower.
It is also worth noting that on the PTR, it was possible to walk out of the Aura of Rot and quickly back in before Stitches had a chance to hook you, which allowed you to reset your stacks without being debuffed by Stitches' Hook. If you are able to do this, it will be the best strategy.
- Do not panic. It does not matter if you mess up your rotation, but you need to stick to the strategy.
- If you are in for a long Brawler's Guild session, you may want to use a flask.
- Prepot! Use a Brawler's Battle Potion of Agility, a Brawler's Battle Potion of Intellect, or a Brawler's Battle Potion of Strength.
- When the 60-second cooldown on your potion is over, you can use the same potion again or you can use a Brawler's Coastal Healing Potion if you need healing.
- Group up with other players so that you benefit from each other's buffs.
Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
For class-specific advice, please refer to this thread on our forums. Do not hesitate to share your own tips!
- 13 Mar. 2019: Updated for BfA 8.1.5. The fight remains the same, but was moved from rank 4 to rank 6.
- 04 Jan. 2017: Guide added.
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- Jokerd Removed from Method Org After Ninja Looting
- Pet Battle Changes in 8.3: Visions of N'zoth (Official Preview)
- N'Zoth Raid Testing Streams
- World Bosses and PvP Honor System Available
- Outlaw Rogue Anniversary Event Ragnaros Bug
- Corrupted Weapons from Ny'alotha, the Waking City in Patch 8.3
- Wrathion Sells Various Items in Patch 8.3
- What’s the better PC?
- Fire Mage 8.2
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.2
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Holy Priest 8.2
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Very low HPS MW monk