Guide to Leveling Enchanting and Making Gold in Shadowlands
This page covers everything you need to know about leveling Enchanting in the Shadowlands expansion from 1-115, as well as how to make gold with the profession.
Enchanting in Shadowlands
Enchanting allows you to make your gear better by adding enchants to it. While previous expansions have focused on making most gear slots non-enchantable, Shadowlands advances in the opposite direction and you will now be able to enchant gloves, bracers, chests, cloaks and boots, in addition to weapons and rings!
You will also be able to enchant top end materials for other professions:
- Enchanted Elethium Bar for Blacksmithing;
- Enchanted Heavy Callous Hide for Leatherworking;
- Enchanted Lightless Silk for Tailoring.
These materials are used, among other things, in the crafting of gear that can become Legendary once infused with Soul Ash by the Runecarver in Torghast. Thus, it will be in high demand, allowing you to cut a profit as long as you sell it at the right times.
Finally, you can make a wand, Enchanted Twilight Wand, which can be upgraded as far as your Crafter's Marks optional reagent allow.
Leveling Enchanting from 1-115 in Shadowlands
Reaching 115 skill in Shadowlands Enchanting is quick, and you might even make a profit while leveling, as long as you pick the correct time to sell your crafts.
The trainer can be found in Oribos, in the northeastern part of the Hall of Shapes:
Remember to buy and use your enchants on the Enchanting Vellum item you can buy from the vendor next to the trainer. This will create an item you can use to apply the enchant later, and most importantly, sell to other players!
1-25 Shadowlands Enchanting
If you are not in a rush, disenchanting Shadowlands items is the cheapest way to get to 20.
The gathering enchant is an absolute must for gatherers, and will likely sell well in the first months of Shadowlands. While not as powerful as the later 15 primary stat enchants, the initial 10 primary stat enchants are extremely cheap and should always be used until you have end-game gear at your disposal.
25-50 Shadowlands Enchanting
The first (and by far cheapest) weapon enchant you will find in Shadowlands is Celestial Guidance, while Sacred Stats marks a return to chest stat enchants, reminiscent of WoW Vanilla's Enchant Chest - Greater Stats.
50-80 Shadowlands Enchanting
Soul Vitality is the highest stamina cloak enchant in the game and also the cheapest, making it a great value option. The top end primary stat enchants, such as Eternal Intellect, will be highly sought after, but are also likely to be very expensive early on, due to using an Eternal Crystal, which require disenchanting epic gear.
Total Materials for 10 Bargain of Versatility, 15 Soul Vitality (likely to need at least 30 due to recipe becoming green at 70) and 5 Eternal Intellect: 5 Eternal Crystal, 20 Sacred Shard and 80 Soul Dust.
80-115 Shadowlands Enchanting
This is where leveling Enchanting becomes really expensive. While, theoretically, this should not actually lead to a Gold loss because the crafts will also be worth much more when sold, you might want to look out for when the Darkmoon Faire arrives here, for the +5 skill point quest.
Craft Tenet of Critical Strike, Tenet of Versatility, Tenet of Haste or Tenet of Mastery until Level 95, Eternal Stats, Eternal Skirmish or Eternal Bounds to Nevel 101, Lightless Force or Eternal Grace to 111 and Sinful Revelation or Ascended Vigor to 115.
Making Gold with Enchanting in Shadowlands
Making Gold with Enchanting is all about buying cheap materials or gear and disenchanting it. Check the prices of various enchants on your server with The Undermine Journal and craft the most expensive enchants into Enchanting Vellums, ready to turn in a profit.
Due to the cyclical nature in which players buy Enchants for their new gear, most of your profits will come from timing the market in two steps:
- Figure out your server's raid days. Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday nights are the typical candidates. On these days it will be easier to sell enchants for higher prices, both for people looking to enchant their gear before raiding, and especially for people wanting to enchant their shiny new gear after raiding. You can use The Undermine Journal to track the resulting price fluctuation.
- Before leaving the website, search for Enchanting material price. Take note of when they are cheapest, and aim to buy during these periods.
You can also search the auction house for Level 51+ green, blue and epic quality gear of any kind. If you find very cheap items, it is likely that they could be disenchanted for a profit, but the exact calculations on how much Gold you could get through disenchanting are best left to an auctioning addon such as TSM or Auctioneer.
Enchanted Elethium Bar / Heavy Callous Hide / Lightless Silk
This opens the possibility of turning a profit by simply buying the baseline materials and enchanting them before reselling them. Again, make sure to price check the materials and the enchanted material in order to make sure you will be turning in a profit!
Crafter's Marks (Item Level Upgrades)
These can be bought at the Enchanting supplies vendor for gold, and are used by enchanters in large amounts when creating item level upgrade optional reagents and by Engineering belt attachments.
- 26 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Removed journal mention.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Guide added.
- More Realistic 3D Renders of WoW Characters
- Shadowlands 9.1 Season 2 Mythic+ DPS, Tank and Healer Log Rankings, Week 14
- Rogue Mage Tower Set in Patch 9.1.5
- Death Knight Mage Tower Set in Patch 9.1.5
- Finkle Einhorn Renamed to Pip Quickwit
- Patch 9.1, BCC and WoW Classic Hotfixes: October 12th
- Unlock Sarge Free in World of Warcraft Starting Today
- Players Waiting in Line for Loot from the Weekly Chest