Fire Mage PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.0.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Fire Mage in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats as well, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets to optimize your gameplay..
This page is part of our Fire Mage PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Fire Mages in PvP
The stat priority for Fire Mage in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Haste is the best stat to be stacking as a Mage. This reduces the cast time of important abilities like Polymorph. Versatility is the second bast stat to have. This reduces the damage you take and increases the overall damage you deal.
In general, Fire Mages want to get trinkets that line up well with Combustion. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Intellect. The reason you want to increase Intellect is because it drastically increases your overall damage output. For more information about Combustion and your rotation in PvP, please refer to our dedicated page.
Below, you will find our current BiS list.
- Head: Cocoonsilk Cowl
- Neck: Sinful Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Mantle
- Cloak: Sinful Gladiator's Shawl
- Chest: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Robe
- Wrists: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Armbands
- Hands: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Gloves
- Waist: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Cord
- Legs: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Leggings
- Feet: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Treads - This could be a good slot to make a Haste/Versatility Legendary.
- Ring 1: Sinful Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Stitchflesh's Misplaced Signet
- Weapon: Fleshcrafter's Knife
- Off-hand: Deathwalker's Promise
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Versatility boost that will increase your overall damage and reduce damage taken.
Sinful Gladiator's Medallion is typically 1 of 2 trinkets to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and in danger of dying. Note, if you play a Human, Sinful Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option.
Sinful Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be attacking you often.
Sinful Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants for a Fire Mage:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Haste
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
- 10 Dec. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands Season 1.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- An Excellent Class and Spec Pick Flowchart Meme (Or Is it?)
- There Are Worse Fates than Being Carried by a Kyrian...
- Players Manipulate Turn Speed Variable while Mind Controlling Others
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: January 15th
- How to Get Raid, PvP and Any Legendary Memories Without Doing the Related Activity
- How to Loot Faster in World of Warcraft
- How to Fool Bots With Toys
- Patch 9.1 Will Be Released in Spring 2021