Fire Mage PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Dragonflight 10.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Fire Mage in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats as well, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets to optimize your gameplay..
This page is part of our Fire Mage PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Fire Mages in PvP
The stat priority for Fire Mage in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Haste is the best stat to be stacking as a Mage. This reduces the cast time of important abilities like Polymorph. Versatility is the second-best stat to have. This reduces the damage you take and increases the overall damage you deal. With talents like Glass Cannon, stacking some Mastery can allow you to deal significant damage through Mastery: Ignite dot during a match.
In general, Fire Mages want to get trinkets that line up well with Combustion. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Intellect. The reason you want to increase Intellect is because it drastically increases your overall damage output. Please refer to our dedicated page for more information about Combustion and your rotation in PvP.
Below, you will find our current BiS list.
- Head: Verdant Gladiator's Silk Guise
- Neck: Verdant Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Wayward Chronomancer's Metronomes
- Cloak: Verdant Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Verdant Gladiator's Silk Robe
- Wrists: Verdant Gladiator's Silk Wristwraps
- Hands: Verdant Gladiator's Silk Gloves
- Waist: Infurious Binding of Gesticulation Embellishment 1
- Legs: Wayward Chronomancer's Pantaloons
- Feet: Vibrant Wildercloth Slippers with Precognition
- Ring 1: Verdant Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Signet of Titanic Insight
- Weapon: Verdant Gladiator's Staff.
Verdant Gladiator's Medallion is typically 1 of 2 trinkets to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and in danger of dying.
Verdant Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Critical Strike and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown; this is typically the go-to trinket for Fire, pairing extremely well with Combustion.
Verdant Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will attack you often.
Verdant Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is a strong trinket, as the stat will often proc throughout an arena match, if you are looking for more of a consistent pressure build with Mastery: Ignite, use this trinket.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants for a Fire Mage:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Speed
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Plainsrunner's Breeze
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Homebound Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Waking Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Devotion of Haste
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Sophic Devotion
- Legs: Frozen Spellthread
Gem all of your gear with Energized Ysemerald for maximum Haste values. If you are reaching over 35% haste, you can gem with Zen Neltharite for Mastery and Haste.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.5
- 09 May 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Pre-patch.
- 31 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Page updated for Patch 9.2.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Page reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1 of Shadowlands.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 10 Dec. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands Season 1.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)