Fire Mage DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Fire Mage in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. Azerite Gear for Fire Mage
Because the Azerite Traits scale in strength with the item level of the item equipped, and with the possibility of Titanforging items, an exact list of best items is impossible to make. You should look for the highest item level items with the Duplicative Incineration trait. These can drop from World Quests, Dungeons, Warfronts, PvP, reputations, etc, so you should try to do all possible content. Below we have listed some good items to look for based on how to obtain them and the Azerite Traits they have on them. The listed items are all from pre-raid, as in, before the first raid opens. After that, most of your gear will come from the first raid (Uldir) and Mythic+.
- Head: Azerothian Champion's Crown — Reputation, Champions of Azeroth
- Head: Stormlurker's Cowl — Dungeon, Shrine of the Storm
- Shoulders: Mantle of Ceremonial Ascension — Dungeon, King's Rest
- Chest: Inmate's Straight Robe — Dungeon, Tol Dagor
2. Evaluating Upgrades
The easiest way, and also the method we suggest, to compare multiple items is to use Raidbots Top Gear. Here you can input an export from the Simcraft AddOn , select the items to compare, and it will find out which of the items are best.
3. Trinket Notes for Fire Mage
Due to the prevalence of high item level trinkets and Titanforged rewarded from Mythic+ dungeon grinding there are a variety of suitable options when it comes to trinkets. It is always best to use Raidbots Top Gear to determine what your optimal trinkets are.
You can use the trinket list below as a reference of potential trinkets to aim for. The link at the bottom can be used to view a list of all trinkets.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 19 Jul. 2018: Updated trinket list for latest hotfixes and findings.
- 16 Jul. 2018: Updated for the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch.
- WoW Esports in 2019
- PvP Season 1: Arena and RBG Title Cutoffs
- Tides of Vengeance Part II: Survival Guide
- Patch 8.1.5 Build 28938: Class Changes
- BfA PvP Season 2 Preview [Official]
- Tools of the Trade in Patch 8.1.5
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- Kul Tiran & Zandalari Druid Empowered Moonkin Form
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Guardian Druid 8.1
- Need help with BoS
- Feral Druid 8.1
- when to use blizzard/aoe as frost?
- Windwalker Monk PvP 8.1
- Unholy Death Knight PvP 8.1
- Survival Hunter PvP 8.1