Fire Mage DPS Stat Priority — Shadowlands 9.0.2
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Fire Mage. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.2.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic DPS Mage stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Fire Mage
For Fire, especially if you use the Fevered Incantation Legendary Power, all stats are going to be extremely close in value, so even though the stats below are listed in order, this does not mean that one is decisively better than the next.
You will want to prioritize stats as follows for single-target:
- Critical Strike.
You will want to prioritize stats as follows for multiple targets:
- Critical Strike.
The respective values of Critical Strike, Mastery, Haste, and Versatility fluctuate depending on gear, but they are very close. Intellect is generally always a significant amount better than all secondary stats, point for point. Additionally, items generally have a lot of Intellect, which makes item level very important. We encourage players to sim themselves if possible to determine what stats you should desire according to your current distribution, as this may change depending on your current values. This is because a deficiency of one stat will often cause it to become high in value, relative to the others, until you reach a "normalized" value. A sim can be very easily run by almost anyone using the Raidbots Stat Weights tool.
However, using purely stat weights is almost never the best way to go about gearing your character. On the gear page, we go in-depth in how to best gear your character for varying types of content.
Gems, Enchants, and Consumables
The gems, enchants, and consumables you will use are directly derived from your stat priority and you can find our advice on this topic in our dedicated page.
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
Fire Mage: Getting a Better Understanding
Intellect is your primary stat. It provides you with Spell Power, which increases the damage of your spells.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit, which in turn increases your chances to get instant-free Pyroblasts. This gives you the most reliable damage and smoothens out the rotation considerably, giving you the most consistent output. However, this does not automatically make it a good stat, just a consistent stat.
Versatility is a flat-out damage done increase and damage taken reduction.
- 23 Dec. 2020: Updated stat weights slightly to stats more often correct for people with standard legendaries and trinkets.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands launch. Changed stat priority and descriptions for the new priority at level 60.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- An Excellent Class and Spec Pick Flowchart Meme (Or Is it?)
- There Are Worse Fates than Being Carried by a Kyrian...
- Players Manipulate Turn Speed Variable while Mind Controlling Others
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: January 15th
- How to Get Raid, PvP and Any Legendary Memories Without Doing the Related Activity
- How to Loot Faster in World of Warcraft
- How to Fool Bots With Toys
- Patch 9.1 Will Be Released in Spring 2021