Garrison: Leveling Inscription In Warlords of Draenor (WoD 6.1.2)
Table of Contents
- 1. Why Level up Inscription to 700?
- 2. Learning Draenor Inscription
- +3. Leveling Inscription from 600 to 700
- +4. Leveling Inscription from 1 to 600
- 5. Changelog
Why Level up Inscription to 700?
All of the Draenor-specific Inscription recipes can be crafted with a skill of 1. So, reaching the maximum skill in Warlords of Draenor is not as important as it was in previous expansions. The only perk you get from leveling Inscription is that the yield of War Paints slowly increases from 5 at Level 600 to 10 at Level 700, meaning that you can make more high-end crafts.
Learning Draenor Inscription
Leveling Inscription in Draenor requires you to first acquire Draenor Inscription, which teaches you how to craft War Paints, Secrets of Draenor Inscription, and other Draenor recipes that you can use from Level 1.
You can acquire Draenor Inscription from the Inscription Recipes vendor in Ashran, from the Scribe at the Scribe's Quarters in your Garrison, or at the end of the quest line that allows you to unlock the Scribe's Quarters before upgrading your Town Hall to Level 2.
Leveling Inscription from 600 to 700
The easiest way to level Inscription to 700 is to make Shadowtome and Cards of Omens. Both recipes give you +1 skill up for each 5 War Paints consumed, which is the best ratio you can get. All of the other recipes consume 10x War Paints for a +1 skill up. The recipe for Shadowtome costs 1x Secret of Draenor Inscription and can be bought from the Scribe at your Scribe's Quarters.
Leveling to 700 is going to take about 3 weeks, because you are required to use War Paints, which you can make in limited quantities every day.
War Paints and Secrets of Draenor Inscription
War Paints and Secrets of Draenor Inscription have a daily cooldown, which resets at the same time the daily quests do. You need to craft these two recipes every day, to maximize the speed at which you level up Inscription. Each of these recipes grants you a +1 skill up.
It is also important to place 6 Work Orders a day at your Scribe's Quarters, otherwise, leveling up Inscription is going to take a lot longer than the 3 weeks we announced.
Leveling Inscription from 1 to 600
You can craft any of the Warlords of Draenor recipes from Level 1. We advise you to level up on Warbinder's Ink and Research: Warbinder's Ink. Going all the way from Level 1 to Level 600 with these recipes will cost you 450x Cerulean Pigments (or 900 Draenor herbs) and 150x Light Parchments.
There are 4 items that you can randomly loot from mobs in Draenor and that increase your Inscription skill by 5. Technically speaking, you need to combine these items with Draenor materials to create a new item and increase your Inscription skill by 5 in the process.
- Faintly Magical Vellum must be combined with 5x Cerulean Pigments.
- Torn Card must be combined with 4x Nagrand Arrowbloom.
- Waterlogged Book must be combined with 10x Frostweed.
- Ruined Painting must be combined with 10x Frostweed.
- Tattered Scroll must be combined with 5x Frostweed.
- 02 Dec. 2014: Amended the guide to reflect the fact that recipes can also be bought in Ashran.
- Display Bug Showing Last Week's Honor
- Infinite HoA Trait Removed from 8.3, New Legendary Cloak Addition
- 8.3 Class Changes Update: Mistweaver, Holy Pala, Disc Priest
- Mythic+ Season 4 Item Level Changes (Official)
- 8.3 Pet Battle Changes Update
- Diablo 2 Remaster Unlikely - Code and Assets Were Lost According to Creators
- New Retail WoW Box for Starting Players
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- What’s the better PC?
- Fire Mage 8.2
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.2
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Holy Priest 8.2
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Very low HPS MW monk