Garrison: Leveling Jewelcrafting In Warlords of Draenor (WoD 6.1.2)
Table of Contents
- 1. Why Level up Jewelcrafting to 700?
- 2. Learning Draenor Jewelcrafting
- 3. Leveling Jewelcrafting from 600 to 700
- +4. Leveling Jewelcrafting from 1 to 600
- 5. Changelog
Why Level up Jewelcrafting to 700?
All of the Draenor-specific Jewelcrafting recipes can be crafted with a skill of 1. So, reaching the maximum skill in Warlords of Draenor is not as important as it was in previous expansions. The only perk you get from leveling Jewelcrafting is that the yield of Taladite Crystal slowly increases from 5 at Level 600 to 10 at Level 700, meaning that you can make more high-end gems.
Learning Draenor Jewelcrafting
Leveling Jewelcrafting in Draenor requires you to first acquire Draenor Jewelcrafting, which teaches you how to craft Taladite Crystal, Secrets of Draenor Jewelcrafting, and other Draenor recipes that you can use from Level 1.
You can acquire Draenor Jewelcrafting from the Jewelcrafting Designs vendor in Ashran, from the Jewelcrafter at the Gem Boutique in your Garrison, or at the end of the quest line that allows you to unlock the Gem Boutique before upgrading your Town Hall to Level 2.
Leveling Jewelcrafting from 600 to 700
The easiest way to level Jewelcrafting to 700 is to make lesser gems, because the recipes to craft them give you a +1 skill up and only consume 6x Blackrock Ore + 5 Draenor herbs. Here is a list of the lesser gems recipes, which all cost 1x Secret of Draenor Jewelcrafting:
To level up solely on these recipes, you will need 600 Blackrock Ore and 500 Draenor herbs. In practice, you will need less, because you will also craft Taladite Crystal and Secrets of Draenor Jewelcrafting.
Leveling Jewelcrafting from 1 to 600
You can craft any of the Warlords of Draenor recipes from Level 1. The problem is that most of them need Taladite Crystals, so leveling Jewelcrafting solely with Draenor recipes is possible, but can be long. The only recipes that do do not require Taladite Crystals are Prismatic Focusing Lens and Reflecting Prism, which cost 1x Sorcerous Earth and 1x Sorcerous Fire, respectively. These materials will be in high demand in Warlords of Draenor, because of their rarity and the extensive need for them for many profession recipes.
- Lesser Gems:
As said before, each gem costs 1x Taladite Crystal and 5 herbs, and grants you a +1 skill up. Each ring costs 5x Taladite Crystals and 5 ores, and grants you a +5 skill up. Depending on Auction House prices, you will go for gems or rings. Also, keep in mind that your Garrison will provide you with more ores than herbs.
Below Level 600, Taladite Crystal gives a +10 skill up, so making this recipe and Secrets of Draenor Jewelcrafting is already a +11 skill up every day. Between your Gem Boutique's Work Orders and Jewelcrafting, you can make 10 to 16 Taladite Crystals per day (depending on the level of the follower assigned to the Forge). This means that you get an additional +10 to +16 skill up a day from crafting gems and rings. So, you can look at increasing your Jewelcrafting skill by 21 to 27 a day, requiring a bit less than a month to reach Level 600.
While the long time it takes to level up Jewelcrafting using Draenor recipes may put you off and cause you to level up this profession in the traditional way, we remind you that you can craft all of the high-end Draenor recipes with a Jewelcrafting level of 1. All you need to do is buy the recipes with Secrets of Draenor Jewelcrafting, which you can also make from level 1.
There are 4 items that you can randomly loot from mobs in Draenor and that increase your Jewelcrafting skill by 5. Technically speaking, you need to combine these items with Draenor materials to create a new item and increase your Jewelcrafting skill by 5 in the process.
- Cracked Band must be combined with 2x Blackrock Ore.
- Crumbling Statue must be combined with 5x Blackrock Ore and 5x True Iron Ore.
- Crushed Locket must be combined with 2x True Iron Ore.
- Crystal Shards must be combined with 4x Blackrock Ore.
- Headless Figurine must be combined with 6x True Iron Ore.
- 02 Dec. 2014: Amended the guide to reflect the fact that recipes can also be bought in Ashran.
- Shattered Helm of Domination Arrives to Collector
- Rogue Update in Patch 9.0.5
- Will Patch 9.0.5 Release on March 16?
- Undocumented Windwalker Monk Changes in Patch 9.0.5
- Castle Nathria Alliance Hall of Fame Complete, Cross-Realm Mythic Enabled Soon
- Night Fae Blood DK Finishes Keystone Master on Controller in PUGs
- World Boss for the Week of March 2nd - Mortanis
- EU Server Issues: No Servers Currently Available (March 2nd)
- Blacksmithing Guide
- Restoration Shaman Shadowlands
- Marksmanship Hunter Shadowlands
- Holy Priest Shadowlands
- Beast Mastery Hunter Shadowlands
- m+ DECLINES!
- Frost Mage Shadowlands
- Patch 9.0.5 Class Changes