Garrison: Leveling Alchemy In Warlords of Draenor (WoD 6.1.2)
Table of Contents
- 1. Why Level up Alchemy to 700?
- 2. Learning Draenor Alchemy
- 3. Leveling Alchemy from 600 to 700
- +4. Leveling Alchemy from 1 to 600
- 5. Changelog
Why Level up Alchemy to 700?
All of the Draenor-specific Alchemy recipes can be crafted with a skill of 1. So, reaching the maximum skill in Warlords of Draenor is not as important as it was in previous expansions. The only perk you get from leveling Alchemy is that the yield of Alchemical Catalyst slowly increases from 5 at Level 600 to 10 at Level 700, meaning that you can craft more Greater flasks.
Learning Draenor Alchemy
Leveling Alchemy in Draenor requires you to first acquire A Treatise on the Alchemy of Draenor, which teaches you how to craft Alchemical Catalyst, Secrets of Draenor Alchemy, and other Draenor recipes that you can use from Level 1.
You can acquire A Treatise on the Alchemy of Draenor from the Alchemy Recipes vendor in Ashran, from the Alchemist at the Alchemy Lab in your Garrison, or at the end of the quest line that allows you to unlock the Alchemy Lab before upgrading your Town Hall to Level 2.
Leveling Alchemy from 600 to 700
Alchemy is the easiest profession to level and you can get to 700 in a single day. All you need is 400 Draenor herbs to craft 100 flasks from among: Draenic Agility Flask, Draenic Intellect Flask, Draenic Strength Flask, and Draenic Stamina Flask.
Leveling Alchemy from 1 to 600
You can craft any of the Warlords of Draenor recipes from Level 1. Many of these recipes use Fishing reagents and they are taught to your character when you unlock the Alchemy Lab. We believe that Fishing reagents will be in high offer, because of the number of fish that people will have to catch to get all the new fishing achievements and unlock their Fishing Shack Level 3.
The key recipe here is Crescent Oil, which transforms 3x Crescent Saberfish Flesh (flesh from the most common Draenor fish) into Crescent Oil. You can then use Crescent Oil to craft some of the other recipes:
- Draenic Intellect Potion*: 1x Crescent Oil + 3x Abyssal Gulper Eel Flesh;
- Draenic Invisibility Potion: 1x Crescent Oil + 3x Jawless Skulker Flesh;
- Draenic Living Action Potion: 1x Crescent Oil + 3x Fat Sleeper Flesh;
- Draenic Mana Potion: 1x Crescent Oil + 3x Blackwater Whiptail Flesh;
- Draenic Rejuvenation Potion*: 1x Crescent Oil + 3x Crescent Saberfish Flesh;
- Draenic Swiftness Potion: 1x Crescent Oil + 3x Blackwater Whiptail Flesh;
- Draenic Water Breathing Elixir: 1x Crescent Oil + 3x Abyssal Gulper Eel Flesh;
- Draenic Water Walking Elixir: 1x Crescent Oil + 3x Blind Lake Sturgeon Flesh;
- Pure Rage Potion: 1x Crescent Oil + 3x Fire Ammonite Tentacle.
With these recipes, you first need to get 900x Crescent Saberfish Flesh to make 300x Crescent Oil (this will get you to 300 Alchemy skill). Then you can craft the other recipes, depending on what is available on your Auction House.
Note that if you intend to take your time to level up Alchemy, Alchemical Catalyst grants a +10 skill up until you reach Level 600.
Finally, we remind you that all of the Draenor recipes, even the Greater flasks can be crafted from an Alchemy level of 1. All you need to do is buy the recipes with Secrets of Draenor Alchemy, which can be crafted with any Alchemy level.
There are 4 items that you can randomly loot from mobs in Draenor and that increase your Alchemy skill by 5. Technically speaking, you need to combine these items with Draenor materials to create a new item and increase your Alchemy skill by 5 in the process.
- Cracked Potion Vial must be combined with 5x Fireweed and 5x Talador Orchid.
- Impotent Healing Potion must be combined with 4x Talador Orchid.
- Unorganized Alchemist Notes must be combined with 8x Frostweed.
- Unstable Elixir must be combined with 4x Talador Orchid and 4x Gorgrond Flytrap.
- 02 Dec. 2014: Amended the guide to reflect the fact that recipes can also be bought in Ashran.
- 16 Nov. 2014: Alchemy can be leveled up to 700 without using a single Alchemical Catalyst. We assumed that this would be fixed before release, but it was not so we amended the guide.
- Shadowlands Season 2 Vicious Mounts Preview
- Rogue Class Changes in Patch 9.0.5 Build 37623
- TCG Pet Bananas Becomes Charity Pet
- No New Customization Options Planned for Shadowlands
- Burning Crusade Classic Will Be Based Off the Final Patch, No Class Tuning and "Some Changes"
- The Wandering Ancient Mount Is Coming in Patch 9.0.5!
- Shadowlands Pathfinder Only Requires Completing the Covenant Campaign
- BlizzConline World of Warcraft Q&A Recap
- Balance Druid Shadowlands
- Discipline Priest Shadowlands
- Theater of Pain
- Sanguine Depths
- Shadowlands PvP Season 1 Hub
- Outlaw Rogue Shadowlands
- Unholy Death Knight Leveling
- Great Vault