Garrison: Leveling Tailoring In Warlords of Draenor (WoD 6.1.2)
Table of Contents
- 1. Why Level up Tailoring to 700?
- 2. Learning Draenor Tailoring
- +3. Leveling Tailoring from 600 to 700
- +4. Leveling Tailoring from 1 to 600
- 5. Changelog
Why Level up Tailoring to 700?
All of the Draenor-specific Tailoring recipes can be crafted with a skill of 1. So, reaching the maximum skill in Warlords of Draenor is not as important as it was in previous expansions. The only perk you get from leveling Tailoring is that the yield of Hexweave Cloth slowly increases from 5 at Level 600 to 10 at Level 700, meaning that you can craft more bags, item level 640 armor, and item upgrades.
Learning Draenor Tailoring
Leveling Tailoring in Draenor requires you to first acquire Draenor Tailoring, which teaches you how to craft Hexweave Cloth, Secrets of Draenor Tailoring, and other Draenor recipes that you can use from Level 1.
You can acquire Draenor Tailoring from the Tailoring Patterns vendor in Ashran, from the Tailor at the Tailoring Emporium in your Garrison, or at the end of the quest line that allows you to unlock the Tailoring Emporium before upgrading your Town Hall to Level 2.
Leveling Tailoring from 600 to 700
The easiest way to level Tailoring to 700 is to make Hexweave Embroidery. This recipe only consumes 10x Hexweave Clothes and has a +3 skill up, which is the best ratio you can get. Elekk Plushie is the next best recipe, with a +10 skill up for 50x Hexweave Clothes consumed.
That said, the reason why you level up Tailoring is to craft high-end armor and weapons, not to craft dozens of Hexweave Embroideries, so we believe that you should forsake leveling up Tailoring as fast as possible. Instead, whenever you reach 100x Hexweave Clothes, you should craft a bag or armor than you can use or make a lot of profit from:
- Hexweave Bag, which creates Hexweave Bag;
- Brilliant Hexweave Cloak, which creates Brilliant Hexweave Cloak;
- Nimble Hexweave Cloak, which creates Nimble Hexweave Cloak;
- Powerful Hexweave Cloak, which creates Powerful Hexweave Cloak;
- Cloth Armor
- Hexweave Belt, which creates Hexweave Belt;
- Hexweave Bracers, which creates Hexweave Bracers;
- Hexweave Cowl, which creates Hexweave Cowl;
- Hexweave Gloves, which creates Hexweave Gloves;
- Hexweave Leggings, which creates Hexweave Leggings;
- Hexweave Mantle, which creates Hexweave Mantle;
- Hexweave Robe, which creates Hexweave Robe;
- Hexweave Slippers, which creates Hexweave Slippers.
Each of the recipes mentioned above cost 1x Secret of Draenor Tailoring and can be bought from the Tailor at your Tailoring Emporium. They all consume 100x Hexweave Clothes and give you a +10 skill up.
Leveling to 700 is going to take about a month, because you are required to use Hexweave Clothes, which you can make in limited quantities every day.
Hexweave Clothes and Secrets of Draenor Tailoring
Hexweave Cloth and Secrets of Draenor Tailoring have a daily cooldown, which resets at the same time the daily quests do. You need to craft these two recipes every day, to maximize the speed at which you level up Tailoring. Each of these recipes grants you a +1 skill up.
It is also important to place 6 Work Orders a day at your Tailoring Emporium, otherwise, leveling up Tailoring is going to take a lot longer than the month we announced.
Leveling Tailoring from 1 to 600
You can craft any of the Warlords of Draenor recipes from Level 1. The best recipes for leveling up are:
They all consume only 50x Sumptuous Fur and give a +5 skill up, so you can instantly level up from 1 to 600, but you will require 6,000 Sumptuous Fur.
Below Level 600, Hexweave Cloth gives a +10 skill up, so making this recipe and Secrets of Draenor Tailoring is already a +11 skill up every day, in case you cannot not afford to buy 6,000 furs.
There are 4 items that you can randomly loot from mobs in Draenor and that increase your Tailoring skill by 5. Technically speaking, you need to combine these items with Draenor materials to create a new item and increase your Tailoring skill by 5 in the process.
- Ripped Lace Kerchief must be combined with 4x Sumptuous Fur.
- Bloodstained Mage Robe must be combined with 8x Sumptuous Fur.
- Torn Knapsack must be combined with wth 8x Sumptuous Fur.
- Weathered Bedroll must be combined with 10x Sumptuous Fur.
- 07 Jan. 2015: Updated the cost of Sumptuous cloths.
- 02 Dec. 2014: Amended the guide to reflect the fact that recipes can also be bought in Ashran.
- World Boss Bazual Available During the Week of March 22nd
- Baine Cutscene in Patch 10.0.7
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 21st
- Orc and Human Heritage Armor Cutscenes
- Primordial Stones in PvP
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch
- Beast Mastery Hunter Leveling
- Zskera Vaults Guide
- Restoration Shaman PvE
- Preservation Evoker PvE
- Enhancement Shaman PvP