Grand Magistrix Elisande Abilities
Table of Contents
- +Normal/Heroic Strategy/Tactics
On this page, we list all the abilities from the Grand Magistrix Elisande encounter in The Nighthold. The idea is to give you a solid understanding of the encounter before you read the strategy.
If you are already familiar with the encounter, then you can skip to the strategy and tactics page or access any other page of the guide by using the table of contents on the right.
Grand Magistrix Elisande is a 3-phase encounter that is long and grueling. Elisande will manipulate the flow of time throughout the encounter, however, her abilities can also be manipulated by the time flow to the advantage of the raid. Overall, this fight is a test of your group's endurance of awareness, rather than a damage check, as many of the mechanics are instantly lethal if failed.
All Phases — Echo of Elisande
Some of Elisande's abilities are able to "echo" through time - essentially, this means they will occur in every phase after their first appearance in the same time and place they took place in originally. For example, if an echoing ability in Phase 1 occurred in the North end of the room 85 seconds into the phase, it will also appear in the North end of the room 85 seconds into Phases 2 and 3, respectively.
All Phases — Time Elementals
Elisande will periodically summon Time Elementals to assist her in the fight. Their abilities do not vary from phase to phase, and when they die they drop "Time Zones" that can provide buffs and alter Elisande's abilities. They do not always spawn in the same locations from pull to pull.
The Expedient Elemental can be tanked and moved will periodically cast Exothermic Release, which deals moderate raid wide Arcane damage and deals 5% more damage for each cast that goes off. It can be interrupted by players. When the Expedient Elemental dies, it will leave behind a zone of Fast Time. Fast Time has several effects:
- Fast Time increases the speed at which Elisade's Arcanetic Rings move across the room.
- When a player steps into the Fast Time zone, they are granted a buff for 30 seconds which increases cast speed, attack speed, movement speed, cooldown recharge rate, and the tick rate of any periodic effects such as DoTs.
- If you have the Fast Time buff, Elisande's debuffs will also expire faster on you. For example, Conflexive Burst will detonate earlier and Permeliative Torment will ramp up and tick faster.
The Fast Time zones reduce in size every time they are used.
The Recursive Elemental is not tanked and remains immobile. It will attempt to cast Blast over and over, which deals moderate Arcane damage to a single target and deals 5% more damage for each cast that goes off. It can be interrupted by players. The Recursive Elemental will also put a Shield on Elisande, making her take 70% reduced damage until the Recursive Elemental is killed. When the Recursive Elemental dies, it will leave behind a zone of Slow Time. Slow Time functions identically to Fast Time except in reverse; everything will be reduced by 30% instead.
Phase One: Time Layer One
Ablation will be applied to the main tank by Elisande every ~6 seconds. The debuff deals low Arcane damage every second for 10 seconds, and stacks.
Arcanetic Ring is cast periodically. Elisande will teleport to the opposite side of the room and summon a ring of Arcane Orbs that spawn from the edges of the room and collapse onto Elisande's location. The orbs deal very high Arcane damage if they come into contact with players and have no natural gaps between them. The Fast Time and Slow Time zones, however, will affect the speed at which the orbs travel towards Elisande, meaning that there will be gaps created around the zones (as the orbs will travel at different rates).
- The Arcanetic Ring becomes more dangerous as it nears Elisande, as the orbs begin to overlap.
- Fast Time zones permanently increase the speed of an orbs travel, while Slow Time will permanently decrease their speed.
- The orbs from Arcanetic Ring disappear one by one as they reach Elisande's location.
Arcanetic Rings will echo into future phases. This means that having a quicker first phase may allow you to skip an Arcanetic Ring cast, which will make future phases easier. The timings for Phase 1 Arcanetic Rings are (roughly) as follows:
- 35 seconds after Elisande engages the raid in melee combat;
- 85 seconds into the phase;
- 115 seconds into the phase;
- 140 seconds into the phase.
These timings will remain identical in future phases due to the echo effect.
Spanning Singularitys will periodically be placed on a random player, creating a pool of Arcane energy that deals low initial damage to anyone caught in it when it spawns. Anyone who stands in the Spanning Singularity will take moderate periodic Arcane damage, causing the Spanning Singularity to shrink in size until it disappears entirely. Singularities can target any player in the raid except tanks.
Spanning Singularity echoes into future phases.
Phase Two: Time Layer Two
When Elisande reaches 10% health in Phase One, she will cast Time Stop, freezing players in place for several seconds. Elisande leaps into the Nightwell, returning to 100% health. She then casts Leave the Nightwell, smashing back down and dealing heavy Arcane damage to anyone caught in the 10-yard radius.
Epocheric Orbs will fall from the air periodically, marking a circle on the floor where they will land. If they reach the floor, they will deal heavy raid wide Arcane damage, however, if a player catches the orb then the radius of the damage will be reduced to only 5 yards.
- Several orbs will spawn around the room at random locations.
- The timing of Epocheric Orb spawns is inconsistent and can be delayed by her other abilities.
- Orbs frequently overlap with other abilities and echoes.
Epocheric Orbs will echo into the next phase.
Delphuric Beam will also occur periodically during this phase. Elisande marks several players with a debuff; this is visible by white arrows on the floor and a pair of blue "fixate" eyes visible over each player's head. Elisande will fire a beam of Arcane energy at her targets after a brief delay, hitting all players in a line between her and her targets. Elisande will typically mark a handful of players, then alternate Delphuric Beams between two groups of these marked players. The beams can overlap and deal multiple instances of their damage.
Ablating Explosion will be applied to the main tank every 30 seconds. After 8 seconds the explosion will trigger, dealing heavy Arcane damage to all players, which is reduced by distance.
Phase Three: Time Layer Three
When Elisande reaches 10% health in Phase Two, she will cast Time Stop, freezing players in place for several seconds. Elisande leaps into the Nightwell, returning to 100% health. She then casts Leave the Nightwell, smashing back down and dealing heavy Arcane damage to anyone caught in the 10-yard radius.
Arcanetic Ring and Spanning Singularity will echo into this phase, appearing at the same times and places as they did in Phase One. Epocheric Orbs will also echo into this phase, appearing at the same times and places as they did in Phase Two.
Conflexive Burst is cast every ~40 seconds, and is applied to several players. After 20 seconds, this debuff will detonate, dealing moderate raid wide Arcane damage. The time remaining on the debuff is affected by the time zones.
Permeliative Torment is cast periodically and applied to several players. It lasts 10 seconds and deals moderate ticking damage to its targets, which increases with every tick. The tick rate of this debuff is affected by the time zones.
Elisande will attempt to cast Ablative Pulse on the current tank, dealing moderate Arcane damage and increasing the damage of successive blasts to that target by 10%. This cast can be interrupted by players.
- +Normal/Heroic Strategy/Tactics
- New Heartbond Lupine Flying Animation in Patch 9.2.5
- Cool New Patch 9.2.5 Windrunner Easter Egg
- Kalimdorathon: Running Kalimdor from South to North IRL
- Patch 9.2.5 Survival Guide - Everything Coming in the World of Warcraft Update
- The Ultimate Silvermoonception
- World First Hardcore Level 99 in Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1
- Bird's Eye View of Various World of Warcraft Maps
- Enigma Arena Changes
- Wingmen Achievement
- Wingmen Achievement
- Holy Priest PvP 9.0.5
- Protection Warrior Shadowlands
- Balance Druid Shadowlands
- Castle Nathria DPS Rankings
- Mythic+ DPS Tier List
- Feral Druid PvP 9.0.5