Grand Magistrix Elisande Guide for The Nighthold
Table of Contents
- +Normal/Heroic Strategy/Tactics
Welcome to our World of Warcraft encounter guide for Grand Magistrix Elisande in The Nighthold. We will teach you everything you need to know to defeat the boss in every difficulty.
On this particular page, we will give you a short overview of the fight as well as a list of things to watch out for (include LFR tips when applicable).
The other pages of our Grand Magistrix Elisande guide can be accessed from the table of contents on the right.
To make it easy to navigate the guide, we have split it into 2 pages:
- Abilities: read about the encounter abilities;
- Normal/Heroic Strategy/Tactics: find out how to defeat the encounter in Normal and Heroic modes.
Grand Magistrix Elisande is the penultimate boss in the Nighthold.
Elisande once distinguished herself by resisting the Legion. She and her highborne followers broke away from Queen Azshara and the dark path she was taking, harnessing the power of the Eye of Aman'thul to create the Nightwell to protect Suramar from the Sundering. But over ten thousand years later, the Legion's arrival offered her no such recourse. She has cast her lot with the demons, hoping to once again use the power of the Nightwell — albeit this time in a very different sense — to save her people.
Grand Magistrix Elisande is a 3-phase encounter that is long and grueling. Elisande will manipulate the flow of time throughout the encounter, however, her abilities can also be manipulated by the time flow to the advantage of the raid. Overall, this fight is a test of your group's endurance of awareness, rather than a damage check, as many of the mechanics are instantly lethal if failed.
- Perform a taunt swap at 4 stacks of Ablation.
- Pick up and tank the Expedient Elemental.
- Correctly position the boss relative to the Slow Time and Fast Time zones to manipulate her mechanics.
- Perform a taunt swap when Ablating Explosion is applied and run out of the group as it expires.
- Perform a taunt swap if Elisande applies Ablative Pulse.
- Pay special attention during periods of high damage, such as Elisande's Delphuric Beam or Conflexive Burst. Mapping healer cooldowns for these periods is a necessity on higher difficulties.
- Targets with Permeliative Torment will require extra attention and healing.
- Kill the Time Elementals as quickly as possible to make use of their buffs.
- Soak Spanning Singularitys using personal defensive cooldowns.
- Maintain a high uptime on Fast Time buff when possible unless you have Permeliative Torment or Conflexive Burst.
- Dodge Arcanetic Rings Elisande spawns using the Time Zones, when available.
- Interrupt the Exothermic Release casts from the Expedient Elemental and the Blast casts from the Recursive Elemental.
- Manipulate debuffs such as Conflexive Burst with the Time Zones to avoid having multiple instances explode simultaneously.
- Interrupt Ablative Pulse whenever possible.
- Ensure the Delphuric Beams do not overlap to avoid deaths.
5. Mythic Notes
- Arcanetic Rings expand outwards after reaching Elisande.
- Delphuric Beams pierece through their targets, hitting everything in a line.
- Epocheric Orbs apply Epocheric Vulnerability to players that soak them.
- The Recursive Elemental casts Recursion periodically, while the Expedient Elemental will cast Expedite.
- Spanning Singularity echoes.
- Conflexive Burst has falloff on Mythic (damage reduced by distance).
6. Bloodlust/Heroism/Time Warp
While it is possible to get 2 Bloodlusts on this fight, it is recommended that you use Bloodlust at the beginning of Phase 3. This phase is overall the most dangerous, and ending the fight as quickly as possible here is the priority. Elisande also performs few mechanics at the start of her phase, making this a good time due to the minimal movement. It also overlaps with a Time Elemental spawn, allowing you to quickly polish off the adds and obtain Fast Time.
7. ChangeLog+ show all entries - show only 10 entries
- 25 Feb. 2017 (this page): Added Mythic TLDR.
- 08 Jan. 2016 (this page): Guide added.
- +Normal/Heroic Strategy/Tactics
- Exorsus' (Harsh) Reaction to Recent KJ Nerfs
- Mione Vs. Mythic +19 Court of Stars
- Patch 7.2.5 Hotfixes: July 24th
- 7.2.5 PvP Class Tuning Hotfixes for July 25th
- Patch 7.3: How to Get to Argus
- Patch 7.3: Upcoming Changes to Monk & Hunter T21 Bonuses
- Method's World First Kil'jaeden Mythic Kill Video
- Mythic Dungeon Invitational Proving Grounds Start Tomorrow
- [Area 52] [H] Ashen Knights (5/9 H) ToS
- [Sargeras][A] Get Well Soon (3/9M 10/10M) 2 days Fr/Sa 9p-1a PST, LF Ret, Boomkin, DK, Rogue, Lock, Mage, SPriest + more DPS
- [Hyjal][H] SK (8/9 H) Pug Tavern
- [Ragnaros][H] Project Failure (9/9H 9/10M) Looking for a tank and multiple DPS!
- [Quel'Thalas] [A] Trotters Traders Ltd (3/9H) Recruiting for ToS
- Most Complex Classes?
- Question: Old LFR Gear
- Foldable Warcraft story nested in 3 levels
- So much for Mantle
- Beast Mastery Hunter 7.2.5
- BM DPS Help: My DPS Has Gotten Low
- Affliction Log help
- Arms Warrior 7.2.5
- [Skywall/Drak'thul][H] Corrupted Destiny (4/9 H) Recruiting Melee DPS Core Team
- I have logs! :D
- Some explanation about soulshards