Great Vault Guide in Dragonflight (10.1)
The Great Vault in Dragonflight provides players with a single piece of loot from up to 9 choices every week.
The Great Vault in Dragonflight provides players with one piece of equipment every week.
Items can be added to the Great Vault by completing Mythic Dungeons, killing raid bosses, and from PvP.
Once per week after the maintenance in your region, you can select a single item from up to nine items with the number of choices available based on how many raid bosses you defeated, Mythic+ dungeons you cleared, and how much Honor you farmed during the previous week.
Great Vault Location in Dragonflight
The Dragonflight Great Vault is located in Valdrakken the main hub found in Thaldraszus. It is the first object on your right as you enter the Bank. The exact coordinates are 55.52 57.23. Below you will find a map with the exact location.
This is what the Great Vault looks like in Dragonflight.
Great Vault Objectives in Dragonflight
The Dragonflight weekly chest continues to offer up to nine item choices in three separate categories — Raids, Dungeons, and PvP. To unlock the individual choices, you must complete dungeons, defeat raid bosses, and earn Honor from Rated PvP. You can still only select one item out of up to nine choices each week.
Great Vault Objectives in the Raids Category
The item level of rewards in this category is based on raid difficulty. To unlock all three item choices, you must:
Killing a boss will now give you a chance at all of the previous bosses' loot. For example, if you are invited to a kill on Sarkareth, you will be 1/9 towards vault progress for that week. However, you now have the loot from the entire raid in your vault pool for the raids slots.
Great Vault Objectives in the Dungeons Category
The item level in this category is determined by the lowest level of your top 1, 4, and 8 dungeons. To unlock all three item choices, you must:
- Complete 1 Mythic+ Dungeon.
- Complete 4 Mythic+ Dungeons.
- Complete 8 Mythic+ Dungeons.
Is Great Vault Loot Capped in Dragonflight Season 2?
No, with Aberrus opening simultaneously on all difficulties, the Great Vault loot is uncapped from Week 1.
Item Level of Great Vault Rewards in Dragonflight Mythic+ Season 2
Patch 10.1 adds multiple tiers of upgradeable gear that can be found in the Great Vault. The different gear types have various item-level ranges as outlined below.
- Adventurer Gear — Item Level 389-411;
- Veteran Gear — Item Level 402-424;
- Champion Gear — Item Level 415-437;
- hero Gear — Item Level 428-441;
- Mythic Gear — Item Level 441-457.
The item level of loot found in the Great Vault depends on the Keystone Level of your timed dungeon from the previous week.
The table below covers the item level of rewards and how they scale with each Keystone Level in Mythic+.
|Difficulty Level||End-of-Run Item Level||Weekly Reward Item Level|
Great Vault Objectives in the PvP Category
The item level of loot in this category depends on your highest bracket win during your previous week. The requirements are:
- Earn 1,250 Honor from Rated PvP.
- Earn 2,500 Honor from Rated PvP.
- Earn 5,000 Honor from Rated PvP.
Aspects' Token of Merit - Dragonflight Season 2 Great Vault Currency
If you do not pick any loot from the Great Vault, you will instead receive Aspects' Token of Merit, based on the number of slots:
- 2 Aspects' Token of Merit for 1 Great Vault slot.
- 4 Aspects' Token of Merit for 2 Great Vault slots.
- 6 Aspects' Token of Merit for 3+ Great Vault slots.
You can exchange them at Evantkis for three items:
- Volcanic Sculptor (Costs 6 Aspects' Token of Merit) — Adds a socket to a Dragonflight Season 2 item that does not already have one. It can be used on Helms, Necks, Bracers, Belts, and Rings.
- Bottled Essence (Costs 12 Aspects' Token of Merit) — You will only see this item on Evantkis when you have completed the whole Spark of Ingenuity questline on your account.
- 19 May 2023: Updated with gear types.
- 29 Apr. 2023: Guide updated for Patch 10.1.
- 02 Apr. 2023: PvP requirements fixed.
- 23 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 25 Feb. 2023: Updated with Bottled Essence on Evantkis.
- 21 Feb. 2023: Token clarifications.
- 20 Dec. 2022: Updated raid category requirements.
- 19 Dec. 2022: Clarified raid category loot.
- 10 Dec. 2022: Updated for Season 1 launch.
- 20 Nov. 2022: Updated with Dragonflight Season 1 currency.
- 11 Oct. 2022: Updated with Mythic+ Scaling to Keystone Level 20 and other requirements.
- 15 Sep. 2022: Guide added.
- Glyph of the Observer Will Be Removed from the Game in Patch 10.1.5
- Dragonflight 10.1 Class Tuning: June 6th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 1st
- Treasure Goblin Sets Portal Trap and Sends Players Away
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 2 (Week 4)
- Dawn of the Infinite Megadungeon Drops Item Level 421 Loot on the 10.1.5 PTR
- New Headless Horseman Candy Bucket in Patch 10.1.5
- Kalimdor Cup Scheduled for August 15th