The Necrotic Wake Quick Dungeon Guide: Video, Boss Strategies, and Trash
Welcome to our quick guide to the Necrotic Wake dungeon in the Shadowlands World of Warcraft expansion. This guide aims at giving you proper direction to complete the dungeon (boss strategies and trash mobs) without being unnecessarily long. We also have encounter journal pages, for those who want a complete breakdown of the abilities.
Ready Check Pull Video
Please consult our The Necrotic Wake encounter journal pages for more information regarding what the bosses do exactly in each difficulty.
- Pull him when you have plenty of room to fight him without running into other trash.
- Dodge the frontal cone if not targeted by it ( Heaving Retch).
- Focus kill and CC the worms spawned by the frontal, and run away from them if you are fixated.
- Stay out of the big green pool the boss spawns under himself ( Fetid Gas).
Amarth, The Harvester
- All the trash in his area dies instantly when you enter the area, and then the boss spawns.
- Interrupt Necrotic Bolt from the boss when possible.
- Do not stand in front of the boss, and dodge the frontal breath ( Necrotic Breath).
- Remove the enrage from the boss if possible ( Unholy Frenzy).
- Focus kill the adds that are occasionally summoned ( Land of the Dead).
- The boss will detonate all of the adds after a few seconds. This does damage to everyone for each add that is alive, but only does avoidable AoE damage for each add that is dead ( Final Harvest).
- Start by attacking the add, "Stitchflesh's Creation". The boss is immune up on his platform ( Noxious Fog).
- Pull the add about 20 yards away from the platform, and everyone stack near the add.
- Dodge the green swirls that spawn regularly ( Embalming Ichor), and move the add in an arc around the platform when needed.
- If targeted by Meat Hook, aim it at the boss on his platform, and then dodge the hook at the end of the cast. If done correctly, it will pull the boss off of his platform and make him attackable.
- Focus kill the boss until he jumps back to his platform after 30 seconds.
- A new add will spawn after the boss jumps away. Repeat until the boss dies.
Nalthor the Rimebinder
- Stay spread, and move out of the circle around the random player that gets rooted. Dispel the root once everyone is out of the circle ( Frozen Binds).
- Dodge blue swirls that appear under all players' feet for a few seconds ( Comet Storm).
- If you get sent down to a lower platform, run to the end of the platform while dodging blue swirls and circles. Interrupt and kill the add at the end in order to fly back up to Nalthor.
Before the First Boss (Blightbone)
- Zolramus Gatekeeper
- Dispel the debuff as it gets to 8-10 stacks, because it ramps up in damage. It starts fresh on a new target when dispelled ( Clinging Darkness).
Between the First Boss (Blightbone) and the Second Boss (Amarth)
- Zolramus Necromancer
- Focus kill the necromancer, because his adds will die when he dies. AoE is useless.
- If you get a swirly green debuff, quickly take it out of the group ( Grim Fate).
- Skeletal Marauder
- Skeletal Monstrosity
Between the Second Boss (Amarth) and the Third Boss (Stitchflesh)
- Flesh Crafter
- Workshop Assistant
- 15 Jun. 2020: Guide added.
- Hunter Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Shaman Shadowlands Beta Class Changes for September 23rd
- Warlock Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Mage Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Death Knight Shadowlands Beta Class Changes for September 23rd
- Warrior Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Demon Hunter Covenant Ability Tuning: September 23rd
- Significant Monk Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd