Holy Paladin PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.0.5)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Holy Paladin PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Holy Paladin in PvP
For more information about what Covenants bring you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Paladins.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. All of these are Covenant-specific and they are different based on which you choose. Here are the best Covenants for Holy Paladin.
- Kyrian is the best Covenant to choose. This gives you strong abilities that increase your survivability from Soulbinds, such as Phial of Serenity. You also get a strong important damage ability, Divine Toll.
- Venthyr is another good Covenant if you want to have an aggressive playstyle. This gives you the class ability Ashen Hallow that increases the damage of Hammer of Wrath and allows you to use it on any target.
Best Soulbinds for Holy Paladins in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc.
Pelagos is the Soulbind of choice for Kyrian and here is the path you should take.
Nadjia the Mistblade is the Soulbind of choice for Venthyr and here is the path you should take.
Best Conduits for Holy Paladins in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Holy Paladins in PvP
- If you are Kyrian, Ringing Clarity gives Divine Toll a chance to be cast extra times. Divine Toll is already a strong damaging cooldown and this Conduit makes it even stronger.
- If you are Venthyr, Hallowed Discernment is the best Potency Conduit. This makes it so Ashen Hallow strikes an ally an enemy another time. This makes Ashen Hallow even better.
- Untempered Dedication increases the damage and healing of Light of the Martyr each time you use it. This gives you strong single-target healing that is instant.
Best Endurance Conduits for Holy Paladins in PvP
- Shielding Words makes Word of Glory put a shield on you after you use it. You will often be using Word of Glory to keep yourself alive, so this is an important Conduit to use.
- Divine Call makes it so the cooldown of Divine Shield is reduces when you take damage. Although this can only happen every 20 seconds, this is still important for increasing your survivability.
Best Finesse Conduits for Holy Paladins in PvP
- Pure Concentration makes your Concentration Aura reduce the effects of Fears on your allies. This is a strong, situational Conduit that should be used if Warlocks, Priest or Warriors are dominant in PvP.
- Light's Barding increases the duration of Divine Steed. This is a good choice if you want to increase your mobility.
Best Legendaries for Holy Paladin in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for a Holy Paladin.
- If you are using Venthyr as your Covenent, Vanguard's Momentum is the best Legendary. This works well with the covenent ability, Ashen Hallow, which increases the damage of your Hammer of Wrath when standing in it and allows you to use Hammer of Wrath on any target. This is incredible for keeping you and your team aggressive.
- If you are not Venthyr, your first Legendary should be Shock Barrier. This makes it so Holy Shock puts a shield on your teammate when you use it on them. You can have this shield on multiple people at once. You should use this against most teams to increase your sustained healing output.
- Uther's Devotion is a great Legendary for increasing your survivability. For each Holy Power you spend, it reduces the cooldown of important defensives like Blessing of Protection and Blessing of Sacrifice. Use this if you feel the enemy team will be focusing you and can give up healing for survivability.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 23 Dec. 2020: Page added.
- Amazing Animation and Effects in "Judgement" Animated Short
- Vicious War Gorm Mounts in Shadowlands Season 2
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38872 Class Changes
- A List of All Burning Crusade and Patch 9.0.5 Hotfixes (June 1-8)
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 7th
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 13: Arcane Mages Dominate, Frost Rises as Well
- Impressive Arthas and Teldrassil Faction Animated Wallpapers
- Shaman Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38872