Holy Paladin PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / Patch 9.0.5)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Holy Paladin in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats as well as guidance on how to pick up your best gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Holy Paladin PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Holy Paladins in PvP
The stat priority for Holy Paladin in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Critical Strike is the strongest secondary stat at all times due to increasing the chance you get a Infusion of Light proc. This is followed up with Versatility, that increases the healing/damage you deal while reducing the damage you take.
In general, Holy Paladins want to get trinkets that line up well with Avenging Crusader or Avenging Wrath. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stats you want to be increasing are either Intellect or Versatility. The reason you want to increase Versatility is because it increases both your damage and healing. Intellect is great for increasing your overall healing output. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Holy Paladin.
- Head: Sinful Gladiator's Plate Helm
- Neck: Sinful Gladiator's Pendant
- Shoulders: Sinful Gladiator's Plate Shoulders
- Cloak: Sinful Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Sinful Gladiator's Plate Chestguard
- Wrists: Sinful Gladiator's Plate Wristguards
- Hands: Sinful Gladiator's Plate Gauntlets
- Waist: Sinful Gladiator's Plate Girdle
- Legs: Sinful Gladiator's Plate Legguards
- Feet: Sinful Gladiator's Plate Stompers
- Ring 1: Sinful Gladiator's Band
- Ring 2: Sinful Gladiator's Ring
- Weapon: Sinful Gladiator's Ceremonial Sword
- Off-hand: Sinful Gladiator's Redoubt
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Versatility boost that will increase your damage and healing.
Sinful Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health. Note, if you play a Human and are playing against a team with only stuns, Sinful Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option.
Sinful Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Sinful Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Sinful Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants for a Holy Paladin:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Bounds
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 23 Dec. 2020: Updated Best Gear section.
- Updated Gems and Enchants section.
- 22 Oct. 2020: Removed unnecessary trinket.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (Patch 9.0.1).
- Amazing Animation and Effects in "Judgement" Animated Short
- Vicious War Gorm Mounts in Shadowlands Season 2
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38872 Class Changes
- A List of All Burning Crusade and Patch 9.0.5 Hotfixes (June 1-8)
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 7th
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 13: Arcane Mages Dominate, Frost Rises as Well
- Impressive Arthas and Teldrassil Faction Animated Wallpapers
- Shaman Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38872