Holy Paladin PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / Patch 9.1)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Holy Paladin in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats as well as guidance on how to pick up your best gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Holy Paladin PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Holy Paladins in PvP
The stat priority for Holy Paladin in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Critical Strike is the strongest secondary stat at all times due to increasing the chance you get a Infusion of Light proc. This is followed up with Versatility, that increases the healing/damage you deal while reducing the damage you take.
In general, Holy Paladins want to get trinkets that line up well with Avenging Crusader or Avenging Wrath. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stats you want to be increasing are either Intellect or Versatility. The reason you want to increase Versatility is because it increases both your damage and healing. Intellect is great for increasing your overall healing output. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Holy Paladin.
- Head: Unchained Gladiator's Plate Helm
- Neck: Unchained Gladiator's Pendant
- Shoulders: Unchained Gladiator's Plate Shoulders
- Cloak: Unchained Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Unchained Gladiator's Plate Chestguard
- Wrists: Unchained Gladiator's Plate Wristguards
- Hands: Unchained Gladiator's Plate Gauntlets
- Waist: Unchained Gladiator's Plate Girdle
- Legs: Unchained Gladiator's Plate Legguards
- Feet: Unchained Gladiator's Plate Stompers
- Ring 1: Unchained Gladiator's Band
- Ring 2: Unchained Gladiator's Ring
- Weapon: Unchained Gladiator's Ceremonial Sword
- Off-hand: Unchained Gladiator's Guard
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Versatility boost that will increase your damage and healing.
Unchained Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health. Note, if you play a Human and are playing against a team with only stuns, Unchained Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option.
Unchained Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Unchained Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Unchained Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Shards of Domination
Some pieces of gear from the Sanctum of Domination raid have a Domination Gem socket. The Shards that can only go into these slots have various passive effects. To get more information on this gear and its sockets, read more here:
Something to note is that these Shards are nerfed by 50% in PvP. Although they do have powerful affects, they are not mandatory to be successful in PvP. With that said, if you do get the chance to use Shards of Domination, here are the best ones for Holy Paladin:
Best Frost Shard: Shard of Kyr
Best Blood Shard: Shard of Jas
Best Unholy Shard: Shard of Zed
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants for a Holy Paladin:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Bounds
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Shards of Domination section.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 23 Dec. 2020: Updated Best Gear section.
- Updated Gems and Enchants section.
- 22 Oct. 2020: Removed unnecessary trinket.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (Patch 9.0.1).
- New 9.1.5 Highmountain Tauren Customizations
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour
- Serpentshrine Cavern Classic Cleared in Under an Hour World First by Progress
- Patch 9.1 and BCC Hotfixes: September 15th
- Burning Crusade Classic: Overlords of Outland Is Now Live!
- New Fel Guardian Druid Mage Tower Appearance in Patch 9.1.5
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 2 "Not a Bug" List
- Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196 Affix Changes