Holy Paladin PvP Talents and Builds (Dragonflight / Patch 10.0.2)
Choosing the right PvP and PvE talents is a prerequisite to proper performance in PvP. This guide goes through the various talent choices available to you as a Holy Paladin and gives you the best combinations you can take.
This page is part of our Holy Paladin PvP Guide.
Talent Choices for Holy Paladins
Below is the talent build you should use in PvP.
While the above table provides a generally accurate overview of the viability of talents, some finer points are discussed in the sections that follow, and we recommend you read those for a deeper understanding.
Paladin Talent Tree Highlights
Some important spells to note in the Paladin talent tree:
- Blinding Light/ Repentance. Blinding Light is great if your team already has a lot of stuns and a diminishing return with Repentance, like RMP. Important note: Repentance shares a diminishing return with spells like Polymorph. You should not take Repentance when playing with a Mage.
- Cavalier is an important talent for a few reasons. If you think you will be the primary target or will be pushing in for crowd control on large maps, you should use this talent. This will help with getting crowd control and running away so teams cannot swap to you. If they do swap to you, you will have an additional charge of Divine Steed to quickly get away.
- Sanctified Wrath makes your Avenging Wrath even stronger by reducing Holy Shock's cooldown while it is active.
Holy Paladin Talent Tree Highlights
Some important spells to noce in the Holy Paladin Talent tree:
- Saved by the Light is a crucial talent to have in every matchup. This provides a large absorption shield on a teammate that gets low on health and is great for when you are stuck in crowd control.
- Inflorescence of the Sunwell gives your Infusion of Light procs an additional charge and reduces the Mana cost of Flash of Light. This is important so you can have multiple procs active at the same time and do not miss out on any healing.
- Glimmer of Light makes it so Holy Shock puts a debuff on an enemy or buff on your teammates. When you use Holy Shock it will heal your teammates and damage enemies. Note that this will break crowd control if Glimmer of Light is on an enemy.
PvP Talents for Holy Paladins
You can choose 3 of the following PvP talents. Each of them has their uses, but some are better for certain strategies than others. The top three choices are the most useful, but can be replaced with other PvP talents, depending on your team's goal.
Mandatory PvP Talents
Blessed Hands makes your Blessing of Freedom and Blessing of Protection now have an additional charge. This gives you additional utility for your teammates and gives you multiple defensives. Abilities like Blessing of Freedom and Blessing of Protection are already strong, but with 2 charges you will have a large amount of utility during an arena match.
Situational PvP Talents
Ultimate Sacrifice makes it so that your Blessing of Sacrifice will now transfer 50% of all damage to you. You can use this to negate a team's entire burst, as long as you heal yourself while it is active. You can also use this before a crowd control like Polymorph or Fear so they break from damage.
Cleanse the Weak makes it so that when you dispel a teammate that is affected by your aura, all of your teammates with the same DoT will have it dispelled. This is crucial versus specializations like Shadow Priest or Affliction Warlocks. This will allow you to dispel Vampiric Touch on multiple of your teammates in one global cooldown.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Pre-patch.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Updated Best PvP Talents.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Updated PvP Talents.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated PvP Talents.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 23 Dec. 2020: Updated Tiers 5 and 6 Regular Talents.
- Updated PvP Talents.
- 26 Oct. 2020: Updated Talent Table.
- 25 Oct. 2020: Updated Tier 2 Regular talent.
- 15 Oct. 2020: Updated Tier 3 Regular talent.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (Patch 9.0.1).
- New Cutscenes: Alexstrasza vs Wrathion, Sabellian
- Doubleagent Hits Level 62
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.2 Hotfixes: November 29th
- World Server Down and Loading Issues: November 29th
- Dragonflight Known Issues List
- Pathfinder Achievement Still Required to Fly in Battle for Azeroth Zones
- Dragonflight Performance Issues: November 29th
- Three Familiar Faces Spotted on the Dragon Isles