Holy Paladin PvP Best Races and Racials (Dragonflight / Patch 10.0.5)
Racial bonuses can provide interesting PvP benefits. Here are the best races to choose for each faction. The races are sorted from highest impact in arena to lowest. However, all races below have their own unique ways of making an impact in a PvP match.
This page is part of our Holy Paladin PvP Guide.
Best Alliance Races for Holy Paladins
- Dark Iron Dwarf
Dark Iron Dwarf Racials
The Dark Iron Dwarf racial bonus ( Fireblood) removes all bleeds, poisons, magical, and curse debuffs and increases your primary stat by 750 and an additional 250 for each effect removed. This is a great racial to use defensively. However, you can use this to remove debuffs right before you use your burst rotation to increase your primary stat.
The Human racial bonus ( Will to Survive) is a great way to get out of stuns. If you think you will be the focus target versus teams with multiple stuns, this race allows you to play Relentless. This will help increase your overall survivability. It is also important to note that Humans also have The Human Spirit. This increases your secondary stats (Haste, Critical Strike, Mastery, Versatility). This is another beneficial reason to play Human.
The Dwarf racial bonus ( Stoneform) removes Poison, Disease, Magic, and bleed effects. In addition to this, it reduces all Physical damage taken by 10%. This racial can make a large impact versus teams that have multiple Bleed or Magical damage over time abilities. It is also important to note that this racial lines up with the cooldown from Maledict trinkets and can be used to remove the absorption that is placed on you from Maledict. Another example is removing bleeds versus Assassination Rogues or Feral Druids that are focusing you. This will significantly slow down the damage being dealt to you.
Best Horde Races for Holy Paladins
- Blood Elf
- Zandalari Troll
The Tauren racial bonus ( War Stomp) provides an additional way to interrupt or setup crowd control on an enemy player. For example, if you are playing with a Survival Hunter, you can use War Stomp and follow up with your own crowd control or the Hunter can use their Freezing Trap. The additional health from Endurance will also help with your survivability.
Blood Elf Racials
The Blood Elf racial bonus ( Arcane Torrent) has multiple effects. The primary use for this ability is that it removes 1 beneficial effect from all enemies in range. This is great for removing abilities such as Blessing of Protection from Paladins or Soul of the Forest from Restoration Druids. The other effect is that it restores resources based on what specialization you are.
Zandalari Troll Racials
The Zandalari Troll racial bonus ( Regeneratin') channels a heal on you until you are at 100% health or get damaged. This racial is particularly good for Paladins, because you can use it while Divine Shield is active. If you are the primary focus, you can use Divine Shield, then Regeneratin’, and be at full health when it expires. Zandalari Trolls also give you the ability to choose a passive Loa. Because Critical Strike is a very important stat to have, Embrace of Pa'ku is the best Loa to choose.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated Best Races.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Pre-patch.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Updated Best Horde Races.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (Patch 9.0.1).
- Quest Location Ping on the World Map in Patch 10.1
- Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder Requirement Removed in Patch 10.0.7
- Helmless Neltharion Model with a Scar in Patch 10.1
- Official Patch 10.0.7 Content Update Notes
- A Preview of the New Recruit a Friend System in Patch 10.0.7
- Aberrus the Shadowed Crucible Raid Environment Preview
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 14)
- Dragonflight Patch 10.2 Zone and/or Theme Revealed?