Holy Paladin PvP Best Races and Racials (Dragonflight 10.2)
Racial bonuses can provide interesting PvP benefits. Here are the best races to choose for each faction. The races are sorted from highest impact in arena to lowest. However, all races below have their own unique ways of making an impact in a PvP match.
This page is part of our Holy Paladin PvP Guide.
Best Alliance Races for Holy Paladins
- Dark Iron Dwarf
The Dwarf racial bonus ( Stoneform) removes Poison, Disease, Magic, and bleed effects. In addition to this, it reduces all Physical damage taken by 10%. This racial can make a large impact versus teams that have multiple Bleed or Magical damage over time abilities. It is also important to note that this racial lines up with the cooldown from Maledict trinkets and can be used to remove the absorption that is placed on you from Maledict. Another example is removing bleeds versus Assassination Rogues or Feral Druids that are focusing you. This will significantly slow down the damage being dealt to you.
Dark Iron Dwarf Racials
The Dark Iron Dwarf racial bonus ( Fireblood) removes all bleeds, poisons, magical, and curse debuffs and increases your primary stat by 750 and an additional 250 for each effect removed. This is a great racial to use defensively. However, you can use this to remove debuffs right before you use your burst rotation to increase your primary stat.
Best Horde Races for Holy Paladins
- Blood Elf
- Zandalari Troll
Blood Elf Racials
The Blood Elf racial bonus ( Arcane Torrent) has multiple effects. The primary use for this ability is that it removes 1 beneficial effect from all enemies in range. This is great for removing abilities such as Blessing of Protection from Paladins or Soul of the Forest from Restoration Druids. The other effect is that it restores resources based on what specialization you are.
The Tauren racial bonus ( War Stomp) provides an additional way to interrupt or setup crowd control on an enemy player. For example, if you are playing with a Survival Hunter, you can use War Stomp and follow up with your own crowd control or the Hunter can use their Freezing Trap. The additional health from Endurance will also help with your survivability.
Zandalari Troll Racials
The Zandalari Troll racial bonus ( Regeneratin') channels a heal on you until you are at 100% health or get damaged. This racial is particularly good for Paladins, because you can use it while Divine Shield is active. If you are the primary focus, you can use Divine Shield, then Regeneratin’, and be at full health when it expires. Zandalari Trolls also give you the ability to choose a passive Loa. Because Critical Strike is a very important stat to have, Embrace of Pa'ku is the best Loa to choose.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2.
- Updated Best Alliance Races.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.5.
- Updated Best Alliance and Horde races.
- 07 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated Best Races.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Pre-patch.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Updated Best Horde Races.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (Patch 9.0.1).
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2