Holy Paladin PvP Best Arena Compositions (Shadowlands / Patch 9.2)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Holy Paladin (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Holy Paladin PvP Guide.
In 2v2 Arena you will be focusing on crowd controlling the enemy healer and rotating your utility to keep your teammate alive. Holy Paladins have multiple defensives that allow them to survive high dampening situations. For example, Divine Shield will always make you immune to all damage, even in long matches with high dampening. The same goes for Blessing of Protection that makes you immune to all physical damage. You also have Hammer of Justice to help setup Repentance on enemy healers.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Holy Paladin + Arms Warrior
- Holy Paladin + Subtlety Rogue
- Holy Paladin + Beast Mastery Hunter
- Holy Paladin + Havoc Demon Hunter
- Holy Paladin + WindwalkerMonk
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena. You will place Beacon of Light on the teammate that will be taking damage. If the enemy team is using multiple burst cooldowns you will want to use your Avenging Crusader followed by the rest of your burst healing rotation. When your team is ready to use their burst rotation, you will want to use Hammer of Justice and Repentance on the enemy healer. This crowd control is very hard to stop if you are able to Hammer of Justice the enemy healer behind a pillar or out of line of the rest of the enemy team. There are going to be teams that will try to focus you. Make sure to rotate your Blessing of Freedom and Blessing of Protection to survive as long as possible. If you are playing against a team where Blessing of Protection does not help, try to line of sight any damage or use Divine Shield.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- RMPally (Holy Paladin + Fire Mage + Subtlety Rogue)
- Jungle (Holy Paladin + Marksmanship Hunter + Feral Druid)
- WMP (Holy Paladin + Frost Mage + Arms Warrior)
- Holy Paladin + Arms Warrior + Havoc Demon Hunter
- 28 Feb. 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Best 2v2 Compositions.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 23 Dec. 2020: Updated Best Team Compositions
- 12 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (Patch 9.0.1).
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- Shadowlands 9.2 Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Weeks 10 and 11
- Eyes of the Wolf Calia Menethil Quest in Patch 9.2.5
- Everything We Know About the Shrouded Affix in Shadowlands Season 4
- New Oribos Portals in Patch 9.2.5
- Patch 9.2.5 Build 43741: Achievement Changes
- Patch 9.2 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 17th
- Patch 9.2.5 PTR Development Notes: May 17th