Restoration Shaman PvP Useful Macros (Shadowlands / 9.0.5)
Macros are crucial to be successful in PvP. They allow players to use abilities on enemies without having to target them. This helps increase overall damage/healing and general awareness in the arena. Here are a few macros that all Restoration Shaman can benefit from.
This page is part of our Restoration Shaman PvP Guide.
Useful Restoration Shaman Macros
This macro allows you to target each of the enemy team players without clicking with your mouse. This is a more efficient method of changing targets. You should replace "arena1" with "arena2" and "arena3" for subsequent macros.
- /target arena1
Arena Target Interrupts
This macro will use your Wind Shear interrupt on the specific enemy team player without changing targets. Again, replace "arena1" with the desired enemy.
- /cast [target=arena1] Wind Shear
Targeting Teammates and Self
As following macro works like the enemy targeting macros above. To target your teammates insert "party1" or "party2", to target yourself, replace with "player".
- /target party1
Hex 123 Macro
- #showtooltip Hex
- /cast [target=arena1] Hex
Using this macro will cast Hex on arena enemy 1. This makes it easier to crowd control an enemy while staying focused on your target. If you want macros for the second and third enemies, simply change the arena1 to arena2 or arena3.
Hex Focus Macro
- #showtooltip Hex
- /cast [target=focus] Hex
If you find that you do not have much room on your action bars, you can use a focus macro. This is much simpler to use than the arena123 macro. Put an enemy on focus and this macro will cast Polymorph on that player while you are still focused on your target.
Purify Spirit Party Macro
- #showtooltip Purify Spirit
- /cast [target=party1] Purify Spirit
Using this macro will cast Purify Spirit on party player 1. This makes it easier to dispel a teammate while healing the rest of your team. If you want a macro to dispel the second party member, change the party1 to party2.
Purge Focus Macro
- #showtooltip Purge
- /cast [target=focus] Purge
This macro uses Purge on any enemy you have as your focus target. This is useful for Purging important buffs on one enemy while still targeting the other.
Earthgrab Cursor Macro
- /cast [@cursor] Earthgrab Totem
This macro is great for quickly placing Earthgrab Totem. Instead of clicking it and placing you, the totem will be placed wherever your cursor is.
Earthen Wall Totem Cursor Macro
- /cast [@cursor] Earthen Wall Totem
This macro is great for quickly placing Earthen Wall Totem. Instead of clicking it and placing you, the totem will be placed wherever your cursor is.
Spirit Link Totem Cursor Macro
- /cast [@cursor] Spirit Link Totem
This macro is great for quickly placing Spirit Link Totem. Instead of clicking it and placing you, the totem will be placed wherever your cursor is.
- 19 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands Pre-Patch 9.0.1, and new author.
- 20 Jan. 2020: This page was checked for Patch 8.3 and no update was deemed necessary.
- 16 Dec. 2019: Page added.
- Class Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 (Week of June 15)
- Reduced Amount of BoE Gear from Sanctum of Domination
- Official Preview of Maw Updates in Patch 9.1
- Mawsworn Charger's Reins - New Torghast Mount in Patch 9.1
- Valor Upgrade Requirement Changes in Patch 9.1
- From the Vault: The Burning Crusade Classic Collection
- Big Consecration Threat Bug Causing Havoc in BCC
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 14: Re-Return of the (Boom)King + Boss Only Logs