Restoration Shaman PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.2.5)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Restoration Shaman in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Restoration Shaman PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Restoration Shaman in PvP
The stat priority for Restoration Shaman in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the strongest secondary stat at all times due to it reducing the damage you take and increasing your healing output. You also want to focus on getting Mastery. This increases effectiveness of your Mastery: Deep Healing.
In general, Restoration Shaman want to focus on stacking Versatility stat. This will maximize the healing throughput, while increasing our flat damage reduction. Restoration Shamans need damage reduction more than some other healers due to lack of damage reduction cooldowns Shaman have.
Tier Sets for Elemental Shaman
Restoration Shaman 2-Piece — Your critical healing increases the Critical Chance of your next Chain Heal by 2%, stacking up to 50 times. Restoration Shamans have not been using Chain Heal in PvP. This may make this 2-set bonus not very useful, as of the time of writing of this guide.
Restoration Shaman 4-Piece — Your Chain Heal critical hits reduce the remaining cooldown of one of your totems by 2 seconds. Your Healing Stream Totem, Healing Tide Totem, Mana Tide Totem, and Spirit Link Totem now also cast Chain Heal with 100% effectiveness when you drop them. The 4-set bonus seems very strong for Restoration Shaman since using these totems is core to the healing throughput. This means Restoration Shaman may have more instant healing potential given free Chain Heals coming from placing these totems.
How to Acquire Tier Sets
Cosmic Gladiator's Medallion is required for PvP, since this is how you can free yourself from any crowd-control. This also is one of the two PvP trinkets that are part of a set, which will increase Intellect and Stamina.
Cosmic Gladiator's Emblem is a trinket that provides a temporary health buff, which can be used when you believe the team will be focusing you in big burst windows.
Gems and Enchant
Here are the best enchants for a Restoration Shaman:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Bounds
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of the sockets in your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 31 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 27 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 of Shadowlands
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5 of Shadowlands.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated in preparation for Shadowlands PvP Season 1.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed old Azerite mentions.
- 19 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands Pre-Patch 9.0.1, and new author.
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st