Restoration Shaman PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.1)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Restoration Shaman in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Restoration Shaman PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Restoration Shaman in PvP
The stat priority for Restoration Shaman in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the strongest secondary stat at all times due to it reducing the damage you take and increasing your healing output. You also want to focus on getting Mastery. This increases effectiveness of your Mastery: Deep Healing.
In general, Restoration Shaman want to focus on stacking Versatility stat. This will maximize the healing throughput, while increasing our flat damage reduction. Restoration Shamans need damage reduction more than some other healers due to lack of damage reduction cooldowns Shaman have.
Sinful Gladiator's Medallion is required for PvP, since this is how you can free yourself from any crowd-control. This also is one of the two PvP trinkets that are part of a set, which will increase the healing throughput benefit from your Versatility by 40%.
Sinful Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity is a great on-use trinket to have to have. The on-use increased primary stat will give a temporary boost of healing throughput which could help when trying to recover or top your team.
Sinful Gladiator's Emblem is a trinket that provides a temporary health buff, which can be used when you believe the team will be focusing you in big burst windows.
Gems and Enchant
Here are the best enchants for a Restoration Shaman:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Bounds
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of the sockets in your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated in preparation for Shadowlands PvP Season 1.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed old Azerite mentions.
- 19 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands Pre-Patch 9.0.1, and new author.
- Monk Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Two In-Game Paintings Desexualized in Patch 9.1.5
- Demon Hunter Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Legendary Scrapping in Patch 9.1.5: How to Destroy Legendaries into Materials
- Death Knight Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- A Preview of All New Druid Travel Forms Coming in Patch 9.1.5
- New 9.1.5 Highmountain Tauren Customizations
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour