Restoration Shaman PvP Talents and Builds (Dragonflight 10.2)
Choosing the right PvP and PvE talents is a prerequisite to proper performance in PvP. This guide goes through the various talent choices available to you as a Restoration Shaman and gives you the best combinations you can take.
This page is part of our Restoration Shaman PvP Guide.
Talent Choices for Restoration Shaman
While the above table provides a generally accurate overview of the viability of talents, some finer points are discussed in the sections that follow, and we recommend you read those for a deeper understanding.
Shaman Tree Talent Highlights
- Totemic Recall allows you to reset the cooldown on your Earthen Wall Totem.
- Nature's Swiftness is now available, giving the Shaman a free casted heal or damaging ability.
- Earthgrab Totem gives more crowd-control against double melee teams.
- Stoneskin Totem providing physical damage reduction against melee cleave teams.
- Lightning Lasso and Thunderstorm is now available to all Shaman specializations.
Restoration Shaman Tree Talent Highlights
- Tide Turner makes Healing Tide Totem a significant 'smart' single target healing cooldown as well.
- Earthliving Weapon has returned, providing increased passive healing.
- Earthen Harmony give Earth Shield more value.
- Ancestral Awakening and Living Stream give increased passive healing through existing abilities of the Restoration Shaman.
- Ascendance and Deeply Rooted Elements gives a fun proc-based playstyle for using Riptideon cooldown.
PvP Talents for Restoration Shaman
You can choose 3 of the following PvP talents. Each of them has their uses, but some are better for certain strategies than others. The top three choices are the most useful but can be replaced with other PvP talents, depending on your team's goal.
Mandatory PvP Talents
Living Tide makes Healing Tide Totem do significant healing. This is often top healing now and allows Restoration Shaman to have a healing cooldown that heals the whole team during burst or even during crowd-control if placed beforehand. This is a default choice.
Grounding Totem summon an Air Totem with 5 Health at the feet of the caster that will redirect all harmful spells cast on a nearby party or raid member to itself. It will not redirect area of effect spells and lasts 3 seconds. This talent is important to help you avoid incoming crowd control. You can also use this to stop some incoming spell damage.
Static Field Totem allows you to restrict player movement, and move them using Totemic Projection.
Situational PvP Talents
Burrow is an immunity defensive which can also deal moderate damage.
Unleash Shield provides situational utility for the Restoration Shaman, specifically the Water Shield benefit dropping a puddle reducing healing and damage done by 50%. Using this on the healer in a root or on enemies bursting allows for a lot of fun gameplay.
Rain Dance makes Healing Rain viable if your team stays within the circle, and deals moderate pulsing damage to the enemy team.
Skyfury Totem summons a Fire Totem with 5 Health at the feet of the caster that lasts for 15 seconds and increases the critical effect of damage and healing spells of all nearby allies within 40 yards for 15 seconds. This is helpful if you are playing with two caster DPS.
Seasoned Winds provides 15% damage reduction against possibly multiple schools of magic when interrupting the enemy. This effect can stack up to 3 times. This promotes the use of Wind Shear, which is critical to the utility of the Elemental Shaman. This is a solid choice against any teams with casters. When interrupting some casters like a Chaos Bolt the Shaman will gain a 15% damage reduction for all schools of magic, which is a significant defense to maintain throughout the match.
Rarely selected PvP Talents
Electrocute causes your enemy to suffer damage over 3 seconds when you successfully Purge a beneficial effect. If your team's strategy is to play aggressively, this is an important talent to have. You can replace Ancestral Gift with this talent.
Traveling Storms is a situational PvP talent to use with Earthgrab Totem to reduce the pressure melee teams have on your teammates.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.1.5.
- 23 May 2023: Updatedfor Dragonflight 10.1 start of season.
- 07 May 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.0.7.
- 04 Feb. 2023: Updated for 10.0.2 updates.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight post-launch.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 31 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 27 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 of Shadowlands
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5 of Shadowlands.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1 of Shadowlands.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Revised to prepare for Shadowlands first PvP Season.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed Azerite mentions.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Updated for Covenants and Legendaries for Shadowlands.
- 19 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands Pre-Patch 9.0.1, and new author.
- 02 Mar. 2020: Updated PvP Talents.
- 20 Jan. 2020: This page was checked for Patch 8.3 and no update was deemed necessary.
- 16 Dec. 2019: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2