Restoration Shaman PvP Best Arena Compositions (Dragonflight 10.2)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Restoration Shaman (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Restoration Shaman PvP Guide.
In 2v2 Arena, you have many strong options. Strong pairing options are usually classes with strong self healing, like Death Knights or Demon Hunters, where the Restoration Shaman plays defensively and avoids taking damage, while Rogues and Warriors can also be good partners due to their high pressure. For high pressure, the Restoration Shaman wants to be aggressive with their teammate using Stormkeeper, Wind Shear, Purge, Lava Burst, and Flame Shock / Lightning Lasso to slay their opponents.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Restoration Shaman + Unholy Death Knight
- Restoration Shaman + Havoc Demon Hunter
- Restoration Shaman + Arms Warrior
- Restoration Shaman + Retribution Paladin
- Restoration Shaman + Outlaw Rogue
- Restoration Shaman + Shadow Priest
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena. If you are playing against a team with a healer with multiple HoTs or buffs (Restoration Druid or Discipline Priest), make sure you are using Purge/ Greater Purge as often as you can. Make sure to maintain Earth Shield on the teammate taking the most damage. Rotate your Healing Stream Totem with Riptide for a lot of instant healing. Use Grounding Totem to ground interrupts or big incoming damage. If you are being focused, use Astral Shift and have your teammates help keep you alive. Use Ghost Wolf to stay mobile and reposition as needed.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- Restoration Shaman + Shadow Priest + Affliction Warlock
- Restoration Shaman + Shadow Priest + Destruction Warlock
- Restoration Shaman + Shadow Priest + Demonology Warlock
- Restoration Shaman + Shadow Priest + Fire Mage
- Restoration Shaman + Shadow Priest + Frost Mage
- Restoration Shaman + Shadow Priest + Subtlety Rogue
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.1.5.
- 07 May 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.0.7.
- 04 Feb. 2023: Updated for 10.0.2 updates.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 31 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 27 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 of Shadowlands
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5 of Shadowlands.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1 of Shadowlands.
- 18 Mar. 2021: Updated based on Patch 9.0.5 for Shadowlands.
- 02 Feb. 2021: Updated compositions based on maturing PvP Season.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated in preparation for Shadowlands PvP season 1.
- 19 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands Pre-Patch 9.0.1, and new author.
- 20 Jan. 2020: This page was checked for Patch 8.3 and no update was deemed necessary.
- 16 Dec. 2019: Page added.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)