Restoration Shaman PvP Best Arena Compositions (Shadowlands / 9.2.5)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Restoration Shaman (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Restoration Shaman PvP Guide.
In 2v2 Arena, you have many strong options. Strong pairing options are usually classes with strong self healing like Death Knights or Demon Hunters, where the Restoration Shaman plays defensively and avoids taking damage, while Rogues and Warriors can also be good partners due to their high pressure. For high pressure the Restoration Shaman wants to be aggressive with their teammate using Deeptremor Stone, Wind Shear, Purge, and Flame Shock / Lava Burst to slay their opponents.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Restoration Shaman + Arms Warrior
- Restoration Shaman + Havoc Demon Hunter
- Restoration Shaman + Retribution Paladin
- Restoration Shaman + Assassination Rogue
- Restoration Shaman + Windwalker Monk
- Restoration Shaman + Affliction Warlock
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena. If you are playing against a team with a healer with multiple HoTs or buffs (Restoration Druid or Discipline Priest), make sure you are using Purge as often as you can. Make sure to maintain Earth Shield on the teammate taking the most damage. Rotate your Healing Stream Totem with Riptide for a lot of instant healing. Use Grounding Totem to ground interrupts or big incoming damage. If you are being focused, use Astral Shift and have your teammates help keep you alive. Use Ghost Wolf to stay mobile and reposition as needed.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- Restoration Shaman + Fury Warrior + Retribution Paladin
- Restoration Shaman + Arms Warrior + Retribution Paladin
- Restoration Shaman + Arms Warrior + Frost DK
- Restoration Shaman + Shadow Priest + Affliction Warlock
- Restoration Shaman + Shadow Priest + Demonology Warlock
- Restoration Shaman + Windwalker Monk + Frost DK
- 31 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 27 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 of Shadowlands
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5 of Shadowlands.
- 04 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1 of Shadowlands.
- 18 Mar. 2021: Updated based on Patch 9.0.5 for Shadowlands.
- 02 Feb. 2021: Updated compositions based on maturing PvP Season.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated in preparation for Shadowlands PvP season 1.
- 19 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands Pre-Patch 9.0.1, and new author.
- 20 Jan. 2020: This page was checked for Patch 8.3 and no update was deemed necessary.
- 16 Dec. 2019: Page added.
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st