Shadow Priest PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / Patch 9.0.5)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Shadow Priest in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Shadow Priest PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Shadow Priests in PvP
The stat priority for Shadow Priests in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the strongest secondary stat at all times because it increases your overall damage dealt and reduces damage you take. Haste is your next best secondary stat. This will help with reducing the Global Cooldown on abilities and increasing the tick rate of your DoTs.
In general, Shadow Priests do not have a specific cooldown that you need trinkets to line up with. As a result, your trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Intellect. The reason you want to increase Intellect is because it drastically increases your overall damage output. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Shadow Priest.
- Head: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Guise
- Neck: Sinful Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Mantle
- Cloak: Sinful Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Robe
- Wrists: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Armbands
- Hands: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Gloves
- Waist: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Cord
- Legs: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Leggings
- Feet: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Treads
- Ring 1: Sinful Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Stitchflesh's Misplaced Signet
- Weapon: Sinful Gladiator's Torch Staff
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Versatility boost that will increase your damage and healing.
Sinful Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health. Note, if you play a Human and are playing against a team with only stuns, Sinful Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option.
Sinful Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Sinful Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Sinful Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Shadow Priest:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon Enchant: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 28 Apr. 2021: Updated Stat Priority.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Updated Stat Priority.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 15 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (9.0.1)
- The Most Unique WoW TCG Collection Ever, Including 95 Loot Cards Found by Ben Brode
- No Rating Requirements to Purchase Arena Gear from a Previous Season in Burning Crusade Classic
- World Boss for the Week of May 4 - Oranomonos
- Torghast Torment System Reworked in Patch 9.1
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction