Shadow Priest PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / Patch 9.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Shadow Priest in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Shadow Priest PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Shadow Priests in PvP
The stat priority for Shadow Priests in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the strongest secondary stat at all times because it increases your overall damage dealt and reduces damage you take. Haste is your next best secondary stat. This will help with reducing the Global Cooldown on abilities and increasing the tick rate of your DoTs.
In general, Shadow Priests do not have a specific cooldown that you need trinkets to line up with. As a result, your trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Intellect. The reason you want to increase Intellect is because it drastically increases your overall damage output. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Shadow Priest.
- Head: Cosmic Gladiator's Silk Guise
- Neck: Cosmic Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Cosmic Gladiator's Silk Mantle
- Cloak: Cosmic Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Cosmic Gladiator's Silk Robe
- Wrists: Cosmic Gladiator's Silk Armbands
- Hands: Cosmic Gladiator's Silk Gloves
- Waist: Cosmic Gladiator's Silk Cord
- Legs: Cosmic Gladiator's Silk Leggings
- Feet: Cosmic Gladiator's Silk Treads
- Ring 1: Cosmic Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Stitchflesh's Misplaced Signet
- Weapon: Cosmic Gladiator's Vesper
Tier Set Bonuses for Shadow Priest
Tier set pieces are obtained in PvP from the Great Vault and can eventually be created from other items in the same slot using the Creation Catalyst. Overall, both the Shadow Priest 2-Piece and Shadow Priest 4-Piece set bonuses provide a large amount of damage and should be aqcuired as soon as possible. Here are the best pieces to get for the set:
- Head: Amice of the Empyrean;
- Shoulders: Capelet of the Empyrean;
- Chest: Habit of the Empyrean;
- Gloves: Caress of the Empyrean;
For an in-depth analysis of the set bonuses visit here:
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Stamina and Intellect boost that will increase your survivability and damage output.
Cosmic Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health. Note, if you play a Human and are playing against a team with only stuns, Cosmic Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option.
Cosmic Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Cosmic Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Cosmic Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Shadow Priest:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon Enchant: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Tier-Set section.
- Removed Shards of Domination section.
- 21 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 16 Jul. 2021: Updated Recommended gear and added Shards of Domination section.
- 28 Apr. 2021: Updated Stat Priority.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Updated Stat Priority.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 15 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (9.0.1)
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- Shadowlands 9.2 Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Weeks 10 and 11
- Eyes of the Wolf Calia Menethil Quest in Patch 9.2.5
- Everything We Know About the Shrouded Affix in Shadowlands Season 4
- New Oribos Portals in Patch 9.2.5
- Patch 9.2.5 Build 43741: Achievement Changes
- Patch 9.2 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 17th
- Patch 9.2.5 PTR Development Notes: May 17th