Shadow Priest PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / Patch 9.1)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Shadow Priest in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Shadow Priest PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Shadow Priests in PvP
The stat priority for Shadow Priests in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the strongest secondary stat at all times because it increases your overall damage dealt and reduces damage you take. Haste is your next best secondary stat. This will help with reducing the Global Cooldown on abilities and increasing the tick rate of your DoTs.
In general, Shadow Priests do not have a specific cooldown that you need trinkets to line up with. As a result, your trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Intellect. The reason you want to increase Intellect is because it drastically increases your overall damage output. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Shadow Priest.
- Head: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Guise
- Neck: Unchained Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Mantle
- Cloak: Unchained Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Robe
- Wrists: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Armbands
- Hands: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Gloves
- Waist: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Cord
- Legs: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Leggings
- Feet: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Treads
- Ring 1: Unchained Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Stitchflesh's Misplaced Signet
- Weapon: Unchained Gladiator's Vesper
Note: it is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Versatility boost that will increase your damage and healing.
Unchained Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health. Note, if you play a Human and are playing against a team with only stuns, Unchained Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option.
Unchained Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Unchained Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Unchained Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Shards of Domination
Some gear from the Sanctum of Domination raid have a Domination Gem socket. These gems have various passive effects. To get more information on this gear and sockets, read more on our dedicated page.
Something to note is that these gems are nerfed by 50% in PvP. Although they do have powerful affects, they are not mandatory to be successful in PvP. With that said, if you do get the chance to use Shards of Domination, here are the best ones for Shadow Priest.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Shadow Priest:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon Enchant: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 16 Jul. 2021: Updated Recommended gear and added Shards of Domination section.
- 28 Apr. 2021: Updated Stat Priority.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Updated Stat Priority.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 15 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (9.0.1)
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- J. Allen Brack's Internal Email to Blizzard Employees
- Domination Socket Helper Addon
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic Race: The Top 5
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 22nd
- Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Alleges Sexual Harrasment, Discrimination and More
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 21st
- Classic Torghast: 0 Score and Getting Stuck With Anima Power