Shadow Priest DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Shadow Priest in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Shadow Priest DPS gear and best in slot.
General Gearing Strategy
With Titanforging existing, it is extremely difficult to provide one specific list of gear that will not change in any situation. Instead, it is more valuable to explain how you may want to choose what pieces of gear to wear.
Item level is rather important in Battle for Azeroth, mainly due to the relative value increase of primary stats. In the case of Shadow, this means we want to prioritize Intellect first over any other stat; in other words, item level of gear will generally be the most important factor when looking at replacing something. Secondary stats are still important as well, however, and currently Shadow wants to focus on acquiring as much Critical Strike and Haste as it can. Mastery and Versatility are both low in value and there is not really a way to have too much of Haste or Critical Strike. If it is not an obvious choice, sim your own character to find out. For a more detailed explanation, you can read the Simulations page.
Corruptions and Corrupted Items
For more information about the best Corruptions and corrupted items you can get, please refer to our dedicated page.
For a comprehensive overview of what Azerite traits are best as well as looking at what items have what traits, you can take a look at the Shadow Azerite page.
Mythic+ rewards gear based upon the keystone level you complete:
|Mythic+ Level||Loot iLvl - End of Dungeon||Loot iLvl - Weekly Chest||# of Loot - End of Dungeon||Titan Residuum in Weekly Chest|
|Mythic+16||465||475||3 (40% chance of 4th piece)||2240|
|Mythic+17||465||475||3 (80% chance of 4th piece)||2330|
|Mythic+18||465||475||4 (20% chance of 4th piece)||2420|
World Quests can give you a bunch of different rewards, including valuable Azerite gear, weapons, or trinkets. While the gear possibilities are too great to list here, always try to do the World Quests that reward gear, as you might get lucky with Titanforging or Warforging. Do bear in mind that Azerite gear has no chance of getting upgraded in any way, either through Warforging, Titanforging, or getting a socket. Weapons are not able to Titanforge either, but they can Warforge up to 10 extra item levels.
For a more comprehensive overview of the gear that drops in Battle for Azeroth, I recommend taking a look at this sheet made by Imoral. This spreadsheet singles out items with Critical Strike and Haste and shows which Azerite gear has which traits.
Below you will find a ranking of the trinkets in Battle for Azeroth, provided by Bloodmallet.
Trinket Rankings for Single-Target
Trinket Rankings for AoE
Best in Slot Gear from Ny'alotha
The list below shows the best piece of gear for each individual slot that drops in Ny'alotha. It does not take into account any items from other sources. Furthermore, the below pieces are considered ideal for raiding, and not necessarily for doing dungeons or other types of content. This is mainly relevant in regards to your Azerite choices. For a more in depth explanation of what Azerite builds are viable in what situations we recommend looking at the Azerite page.
- 04 Apr. 2020: Removed old Corruption section in favor of the new dedicated page.
- 26 Jan. 2020: Added more detail for Corruption gear and effects.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Added Corruption and Ny'alotha gear for Patch 8.3.
- 14 Jul. 2019: Updated with The Eternal Palace gear.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 16 Apr. 2019: Elaborated on the strength of Crucible of Storms gear.
- 14 Apr. 2019: Updated for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 08 Feb. 2019: Added a Best in Slot list for Battle of Dazar'alor loot.
- 22 Jan. 2018: Updated for Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 04 Oct. 2018: Added a section regarding Mythic+.
- 15 Aug. 2018: Updated links to Bloodmallet's sims.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 19 Jul. 2018: Description of Anund's Seared Shackles updated.
- 18 Jul. 2018: Updated to include recommended legendaries.
- Mists of Pandaria Timewalking Guide (July 14th - July 21st)
- Zappy Boy Nickname Now Cannon
- Eye of the Jailer Mechanic in Shadowlands
- List of Corruption Effects on Sale Through July 17th
- Pre-expansion Event Details, Time in the Shadowlands, Major Lore Implications, Renown Catch-up: Full Bellular Interview
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: July 13th
- Horrific Visions Nerfs Coming July 14th/15th
- Every Man For Himself Human Racial Renamed to Will to Survive in Shadowlands