Shadow Priest DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Shadow Priest in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.
1. General Gearing Strategy
With Titanforging existing, it is extremely difficult to provide one specific list of gear that will not change in any situation. Instead, it is more valuable to explain how you may want to choose what pieces of gear to wear.
Item level is rather important in Battle for Azeroth, mainly due to the relative value increase of primary stats. In the case of Shadow, this means we want to prioritize Intellect first over any other stat; in other words, item level of gear will generally be the most important factor when looking at replacing something. Secondary stats are still important as well, however, and currently Shadow wants to focus on acquiring as much Critical Strike and Haste as it can. Mastery and Versatility are both low in value and there is not really a way to have too much of Haste or Critical Strike. If it is not an obvious choice, sim your own character to find out. For a more detailed explanation, you can read the Simulations page.
For a comprehensive overview of what Azerite traits are best as well as looking at what items have what traits, you can take a look at the Shadow Azerite page.
Mythic+ rewards gear based upon the keystone level you complete:
- 2-3: 405
- 4: 410
- 5-6: 415
- 7: 420
- 8-9: 425
- 10: 430
In addition, if you have completed a Mythic+ keystone in a week, you will be able to open a chest every week which contains loot based on the highest key you have completed (up to a maximum of 10). It is worth noting that you do not need to make the timer on the key to be eligible for getting loot from the chest. The rewards are structured as follows:
|Keystone Level||Weekly Chest Loot||Residuum Awarded|
4. World Quests
World Quests can give you a bunch of different rewards, including valuable Azerite gear, weapons, or trinkets. While the gear possibilities are too great to list here, always try to do the World Quests that reward gear, as you might get lucky with Titanforging or Warforging. Do bear in mind that Azerite gear has no chance of getting upgraded in any way, either through Warforging, Titanforging, or getting a socket. Weapons are not able to Titanforge either, but they can Warforge up to 10 extra item levels.
5. Gearing Spreadsheet
For a more comprehensive overview of the gear that drops in Battle for Azeroth, I recommend taking a look at this sheet made by Imoral. This spreadsheet singles out items with Critical Strike and Haste and shows which Azerite gear has which traits.
6. Crafted Tailoring Gear
Tailoring offers you two pieces of gear to craft that are Bind on Pickup when you make them. This means that you can not sell these to other players, nor can you buy them from other players.
Gilded Seaweave Gloves are item level 410 Hands, the Pattern for which you can buy from the Nazjatar profession trainer Jada, as Horde, or Instructor Alikana, as Alliance. Once you have learned this Pattern, crafting it allows you to discover how to make the item level 425 version of these Hands: Reinforced Seaweave Gloves. Finally, crafting Reinforced Seaweave Gloves allows you to discover how to make Banded Seaweave Gloves, the final upgrade which has an item level of 440.
Gilded Seaweave Breeches are item level 410 Legs, the Pattern for which you can buy from the Nazjatar profession trainer Jada, as Horde, or Instructor Alikana, as Alliance. Once you have learned this Pattern, crafting it allows you to discover how to make the item level 425 version of these Legs: Reinforced Seaweave Breeches. Finally, crafting Reinforced Seaweave Breeches allows you to discover how to make Banded Seaweave Breeches, the final upgrade which has an item level of 440.
7. Trinket Rankings
Below you will find a ranking of the trinkets in Battle for Azeroth, provided by Bloodmallet.
7.1. Trinket Rankings for Single-Target
7.2. Trinket Rankings for AoE
8. Benthic Gear
The extra effects on the Benthic gear alone aren't enough to make them desirable. Aim for a socket + one of the below effects if you plan on ugprading a particular item.
- Wrist — Frost Damage / Pufferfish
- Gloves — Frost Damage
- Boots — Increases damage you do with Critical Strikes
- Belt — Physical damage threat increase / Does 2% more damage to Aberrations in raid (only good on 2 bosses)
9. Best in Slot Gear from The Eternal Palace
The list below shows the best piece of gear for each individual slot that drops in the The Eternal Palace raid. It does not take into account any items from other sources. Furthermore, the below pieces are considered ideal for raiding, and not necessarily for doing dungeons or other types of content. This is mainly relevant in regards to your Azerite choices. For a more in depth explanation of what Azerite builds are viable in what situations we recommend looking at the Azerite page.
- 14 Jul. 2019: Updated with The Eternal Palace gear.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 16 Apr. 2019: Elaborated on the strength of Crucible of Storms gear.
- 14 Apr. 2019: Updated for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 08 Feb. 2019: Added a Best in Slot list for Battle of Dazar'alor loot.
- 22 Jan. 2018: Updated for Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 04 Oct. 2018: Added a section regarding Mythic+.
- 15 Aug. 2018: Updated links to Bloodmallet's sims.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 19 Jul. 2018: Description of Anund's Seared Shackles updated.
- 18 Jul. 2018: Updated to include recommended legendaries.
- Where Is My Bee Mount?
- Limit 7/8 World First + Azshara Mythic First Look
- Eternal Palace Race Day 4: Za'qul (Almost) Going Down
- Patch 8.2 Hotfixes: July 19th
- Blizzard Co-founder Frank Pearce Retires After 28 Years
- Upcoming Purification Protocol Hotfix
- Eternal Palace Race Day 3: The Court Disappoints, Za'qul Does Not
- Patch 8.2 Hotfixes: July 18th
- Vengeance Demon Hunter 8.2
- Beast Mastery Hunter 8.2
- Class Discord Channels
- Mechagon and Junkyard Tinkering
- Priest Leveling Guide
- Retribution Paladin 8.2
- Arcane Mage PvP 8.1.5