Shadow Priest DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Shadow Priest. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
The Basics of Stats for Shadow Priest
The Shadow Priest stat priority is as follows:
- Haste = Critical Strike;
- Mastery = Versatility;
Haste and Critical Strike are both about equally valuable, and you will want to get as much of these stats as possible, preferably about equal amounts of both in rating.
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
Shadow Priest: Getting a Better Understanding
Intellect is your primary stat. You should look for this stat in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Spell Power, which increases the damage of your spells.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities.
Haste increases your spell casting speed and the tick rate of your periodic effects.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 14 Apr. 2019: Updated for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 24 Jan. 2019: Swapped around Intellect and Haste/Crit in the stat priority.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 30 Aug. 2018: Changed stat priority.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- The 15-year WoW Anniversary Event Starts this Week!
- BlizzCon 2019 in 3 Minutes
- Pathfinder Removal for Old Expansions in Shadowlands (Speculation)
- The Mysterious Jailer is the Main Villain in Shadowlands
- MMO-Champion BlizzCon 2019 Interview
- Dying & Corpse Running in the Shadowlands
- MrGM BlizzCon 2019 Interview
- Tier Sets Won't Be Returning in WoW Shadowlands
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Warlock Leveling Guide
- Rogue Leveling Guide
- Venthyr Covenant
- Night Fae Covenant
- Necrolord Covenant
- Kyrian Covenant
- Covenants Hub