Shadow Priest DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Shadow Priest. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.
1. The Basics of Stats for Shadow Priest
The Shadow Priest stat priority is as follows:
- Haste = Critical Strike;
- Mastery = Versatility;
Haste and Critical Strike are both about equally valuable, and you will want to get as much of these stats as possible, preferably about equal amounts of both in rating.
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
2. Shadow Priest: Getting a Better Understanding
2.1. Statistics Explanations
Intellect is your primary stat. You should look for this stat in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Spell Power, which increases the damage of your spells.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities.
Haste increases your spell casting speed and the tick rate of your periodic effects.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 14 Apr. 2019: Updated for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 24 Jan. 2019: Swapped around Intellect and Haste/Crit in the stat priority.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 30 Aug. 2018: Changed stat priority.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- World First Glory of the Eternal Raider Completed
- Eternal Palace Race Day 1: 3/8 Down, Ashvane Stands + Kill Videos
- Not a Bug List Updated with Many Issues
- Conflict and Strife Rank 2 Hotfix Now Live
- Patch 8.2 Hotfixes: July 16th
- The Eternal Palace Mythic Race Hub + Streams
- This Week in WoW: July 16th
- Gear Up Your Characters with Wrath Timewalking
- Frost Death Knight 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Essence Guide
- Destruction Warlock 8.2
- Arcane Mage PvP 8.1.5
- Priest Leveling Guide
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Protection Warrior 8.2