Shadow Priest DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Shadow Priest. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. The Basics of Stats for Shadow Priest
The Shadow Priest stat priority is as follows:
- Haste = Critical Strike;
Haste and Critical Strike are both about equally valuable, and you will want to get as much of these stats as possible, preferably about equal amounts of both.
These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using SimulationCraft.
2. Shadow Priest: Getting a Better Understanding
2.1. Statistics Explanations
Intellect is your primary stat. You should look for this stat in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Spell Power, which increases the damage of your spells.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities.
Haste increases your spell casting speed and the tick rate of your periodic effects.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 30 Aug. 2018: Changed stat priority.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Patch 8.1.5 Build 28938: Class Changes
- BfA PvP Season 2 Preview [Official]
- Tools of the Trade in Patch 8.1.5
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- Kul Tiran & Zandalari Druid Empowered Moonkin Form
- Allied Races: Are Mechagnomes and Vulpera Next?
- Titan Residuum Hotfix: January 16th
- The Story of Xal'atath in Patch 8.1.5
- Guardian Druid 8.1
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Need help with BoS
- Feral Druid 8.1
- when to use blizzard/aoe as frost?
- Windwalker Monk PvP 8.1
- Unholy Death Knight PvP 8.1
- Survival Hunter PvP 8.1