Shadow Priest PvP Best Arena Compositions (Shadowlands / Patch 9.2.5)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Shadow Priest (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Shadow Priest PvP Guide.
In 2v2 Arena, you want to be playing with a healer that has a reliable stun. Your goal is to get into Voidform as fast as you can so you can start casting powerful DoT spells. When you are ready to use your burst rotation, you should Silence the enemy healer. Your healer should stun the kill target so they cannot kite or interrupt your damage. Follow up your Silence with a Psychic Scream. If you are playing with a Holy Paladin, they can then use Repentance. You can do this crowd control chain every 45 seconds.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Shadow Priest + Holy Paladin
- Shadow Priest + Feral Druid
- Shadow Priest + Restoration Druid
- Shadow Priest + Fire Mage
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena. Shadow Priests are crucial to their team. You need to maintain your DoTs ( Vampiric Touch and Shadow Word: Pain), but you must also crowd control the enemy healer and DPS. You do this by using Silence on the healer and Psychic Horror on your kill target or the target you want to peal. The Silence prevents the healer from dispelling the Psychic Horror. Be careful, because some classes can reflect/immune the Mind Bomb. For example, a Havoc Demon Hunter can use Reverse Magic or a Death Knight can use Anti-Magic Shell. Outside of doing your normal/burst rotation, you have great utility in the form of Leap of Faith.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- RPS (Shadow Priest + Subtlety Rogue + Restoration Shaman)
- Shadow Priest + Havoc Demon Hunter + Restoration Shaman
- Shadowplay (Shadow Priest + Destruction Warlock + Restoration Shaman/Restoration Druid)
- Shadow Priest + Windwalker Monk + Restoration Shaman/Restoration Druid)
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.
- 21 Nov. 2021: Updated best 2v2 and 3v3 Compositions.
- 16 Jul. 2021: Updated best 2v2 compositions.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 15 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (9.0.1)
- Things to Do Before Dragonflight
- Warlock Changes in Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Great Vault Added to the Map of Valdrakken
- Rogue Changes in Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Patch 9.2.7 Hotfixes: October 3rd
- Priest Changes Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Warrior Gladiator and Elite PvP Sets in Dragonflight
- Shadowlands Season 4 Fated Raid Mythic DPS Log Rankings, Week 9: Sepulcher